Mantra One Sandy Bay Road
Salamanca Inn(Hobart)
  • Restaurant
    • Breakfast included
    • Free Internet
    All reviewsst david's parkgreat locationsalamanca placecar parksalamanca marketslounge roomexecutive apartmentwashing machinesandy baydavey streetapartment was cleanhandy locationwalking distancebattery pointself containedlaundry facilitiesking bed
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a very spacious room, I think correctly called a one-bedroom apartment. The entry is the bedroom, without windows, flows into a kitchenette and very large living area. Unfortunately, this particular apartment didn't have big windows, so if you want/need a bright and open room this isn't really the thing.
    The kitchenette didn't have a stove-top - which I'd been used to in Mantra apartments. I think the place is set-up for flying visits, OK for sleep and comfortable enough but this end of the building was dark and in some respects dingy.
    Pre-booked parking is a must.
    The one thing I noticed is that the inside of the apartment does not have a separate lock or chain mechanism - I would have thought most solo travellers especially female might consider this essential regardless of the type of security at the front door.

Room Tip: I suspect the executive apartments overlooking the park have bigger windows and more light.
    • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
    Danny V, General Manager at Mantra One Sandy Bay Road, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

It was good to read that you enjoyed the size of the apartments and have to agree that not all of the apartments have windows in the bedrooms and some have more windows in the lounge area than others.

The kitchenettes dont have cooktops so we have tried to counter this by having convection/microwave ovens and an electric frypan in each apartment for those easy to prepare meals.

Thank you for bringing the door latch to my attention and is something I will look into in the near future.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mantra One Sandy Bay in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. It's located just on the edge of the city next to Salamanca Place with heaps of great restaurants and amazing food. Getting into the city centre is about a short 10min walk. The cab ride from the airport was around $50.
    The room consists of a very big lounge area and a kitchen as well as washing/dryer all-in-one and an iron. This place is perfect for business and private trips alike.
    Staff are also very friendly. If you are checking in after hours, you need to call a number using the phone at the door. They will tell you the locker code located next to the door which will have your room key.
    Rooms are also very quiet. I stayed on the third floor overlooking the main road but couldn't hear any noises at night.
    Overall, very enjoyable stay and would definitely stay here again even with the family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    2  Thank H B

It's always such a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. I feel that if the location is good and the team are friendly we are half way to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay with us and everything Hobart has to offer.

It seems you have the afterhours check in down pat and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Mantra One Sandy Bay in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Mantra is in a handy spot, the room was good with the lounge area huge. Parking at this hotel is limited so you must book it early, don't expect to turn up and arrange it then. The room while well fitted out did have an uncomfortable bed.
    Two tv's both with Foxtel.
    I would go back again & recommend using various websites to secure a good deal.
    The paid Wifi was expensive so beware.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank COLIN W

It's always such a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed the location of the hotel and size of the apartment. Parking is limited and prebooking is recommended but after 6pm and on weekends it is free around the hotel.
    WIFI is currently supplied by a third party but and prices can still be a tad steep. I was dissapointed to read that you found the bed to be uncomfortable as this is not a common piece of feedback which I receive.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for a night, and I wish it could have been longer!
    The room was generously sized, had all the facilities you could possibly need, the beds are comfy and I couldn't hear any lift noise.

You can book parking, we didn't bother there is plenty of street parking. Some people have mentioned the lack of an restaurant, this is a silly complaint because you're a 5 minute walk to several beautiful options!

Will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Piers M

It's always such a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. The location is so good and close to Salamanca that the restaurant options are vast, be it for breakfast,lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in an executive room. Everything about our stay was of a high standard. The room was certainly spacious but the air con meant it was not cold. The bed was one of the best we have had. It was a bonus having a washing machine although the drier took 2 hours and because of the way it worked the clothes needed drying in the vicinity of the aircon as they came out damp. The location again was perfect, just a short walk to Salamanca for meals, the ferry to Mona, a must see, and close to the city. We prebooked parking having read previous reviews and were pleased we did. Mantra was certainly value for money and an excellent place to stay. I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank JaneG546

The washer/dryer is a bonus, particularly for those longer staying guests even though the drying time can be longer than expected.