“Lovely food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hearth

Hearth
Reserve with
Hearth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 591 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual family friendly eatery serving pizza and small plates. We have a small boutique wine list and craft beers. Open fires and small intimate rooms make this a special place to dine.
Hobart, Australia
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Monty's is definitely one of Hobart's best restaurants. I have dined here a few times now and would return.

The food is great. We skipped the entrees and headed straight to mains as nothing really appealed to us and we wanted to leave room for the cheeses.

The pork cutlet was great although slightly overcooked and dry, the tasty pearl barley risotto was divine. My husband had the beef cheeks, very tasty, however the portion size was very very small. A table next to us got the same just after he did and their servings were a lot better. The potatoes were stock standard however the side of brussel sprouts were great.

Where Monty's really shone was with their desserts. We had the tarte and peanut butter mousse. Both were sublime. The salted caramel with the pear was heavenly and my husband loved the mousse.

After dessert we finished with six cheeses. these were excellent. Serving sizes very generous. We did however feel that the waitress required more knowledge about the cheeses to assist us with our selection.

Melbourne, Australia
“Very satisfied!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great premises, great service and great food. We read the previous reviews and checked it out without disappointment. They happily catered for our kids and altered the menu to suit them without any dramas. We will return. Highly recommend the slow cooked beef cheeks!! Thanks for a great night.

Visited July 2014
“Magnificent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The food here is really very beautiful and I would say up there with some of the best we have had. Great attention to detail. Beautiful presentation. Delicious flavours. The sort of place you could order anything and know it would be delicious. Wait staff were lovely but seemed to lose interest once we had finished our meal. That is the only little thing I would suggest to improve on. It's important as the customer's experience doesn't finish until they leave. But I wouldn't want this to diminish what was a lovely night for us and I would really encourage people not to miss an opportunity to dine at Monty's.

Geelong, Australia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

From the time we walked in, we were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff.The degustation menu was outstanding,delights served were the perfect size, the salmon and lamb being our highlights,and the lovely addition of the chef joining us at the table to discuss dessert made for a most enjoyable meal .By the time cheese and coffee arrived we could barely roll through the door on our way home.Only drawback were the limited wines available by the glass if you didnt choose the matching wines with your meal however if you did it was certainly good value. evening.

Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Taste sensation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have walked past this restaurant many times and assumed it was closed at it looks dark from the outside. I Decided to give it a go after watching a few people go in. No reservation but that wasn't a problem. The menu was not large but looked absolutely delicious and I think that every dish would excel. Also very reasonable. I had blue eye travella with scallops and purée. Served with aside of sprouts and bacon.. Divine
Was served a warm rosemary bread with a slab of butter and sea salt.. Very nice touch
I ordered water which was held in a cooler away from the table.. I'm not a fan of not being able to pour your own water and consequently would have left most of the bottle. To be fair.. Had I communicated this, I am sure it would have been resolved! Staff were super courteous and polite.

• 3 of 5 bubbles