“AMAZING YUM CHA - BEST WE HAVE EVER HAD”
Review of Me Wah

Me Wah
Ranked #7 of 604 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: US$8 - US$237
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
SYDNEY
“AMAZING YUM CHA - BEST WE HAVE EVER HAD”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had tried to get a booking for the Saturday night but they were booked out, so we decided to try again on Sunday for Yum Cha. The restaurant itself is beautifully furnished and provides a great atmosphere. We drank chinese tea and this is the only chinese restaurant I have been to (coming from Sydney I have been to a lot of our chinese restaurants) that has constantly topped up the tea pot with boiling water, our tea pot was never empty. The Yum Cha trolleys came out with 3 different items per trolley, they only come out the once so if you want something grab it. The food was superb, absolutely superb, chock full of ingredients and heavy on the filling. We did get asked if we required any special orders from the yum cha menu and towards the end we were again asked if we required anything else and it would be prepared for us. The desert trolley came out and my husband managed to polish off 2 custard tarts.
I can certainly see why they have been voted best chinese restaurant in Australia. The prices are more expensive than the usual yum cha but you get great food and real value and you feel full for ages afterwards.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
“Service is the best I've ever had, food was ok.”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I can see why this place is rated so well as some of our dishes were very nice and the service is the best I've ever experienced but my partner and I found some of the dishes unbelievably salty. We could hardly finish our chicken dish due to the salt. It left a terrible after taste in my mouth. I'm not sure if this is a common complaint but we were surprised we both noticed the same thing. This restaurant was ok, not the best I've had but ok. Again the service we received was amazing.

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best Chinese restaurant in Australia”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Have been here many times. Service is first class. Tasting menu is outstanding with matching wines. Try it if budget not an issue. Crab dumplings are second to none. Local seafood is wonderful. Wagyu beef is sourced from Victoria and is sublime. Desserts however are less appealing. Always one of our highlights in Hobart.

• Visited June 2013
Taroona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 listings for same restaurant”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I enjoyed my meal at Me Wah but was confused by the two listings for the same restaurant on trip advisor. One is rated 66 in Hobart and the other 6...
Could these two listings be merged. Mee Wah and Me Wah

Visited June 2013
Tasmania, Australia
“Simply excellent”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We dine at Me Wah fairly frequently the food is always beautifully prepared and the service excellent. Weekend Yum Cha is the absolute stand out, they have the best har gow I have ever eaten , the prawn and ginger dumplings are always superb. Don't expect the endless variety of offerings that you see in Sydney or Melbourne, Me Wah's variety is smaller but always exquistley produced.

Visited July 2013