“rude rude rude”

US$136.09*
Yarra Valley Wineries and Puffing Billy Steam Train Day Tour from Melbourne
Ranked #565 of 2,913 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: A wine region about an hour-and-a-quarter's drive from Melbourne.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“rude rude rude”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We booked w Grayline which included lunch. My dad doesn't know which table to sit and the dark hair waitress was very rude and ask him to get up and stand at the door. Instead of checking if language was a barrier, she was not hospitable at all despite me trying to tell her to hold on as i was getting the voucher. Subsequently, I ordered chicken and another guest was doing the same. When chicken dish arrived, mine was not there. So, I checked with her again. Instead of saying she would check, she gave me a frustrated look (I guessed she needs a break) then went into the kitchen.

Our table was subsequently served by another friendlier waitress (blonde hair). This was my first encounter of nasty/rude individuals throughout my 6days
trip to Oz.

Visited September 2013

Sydney, Australia
1,417 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,348 helpful votes
“parrots,merlot and sensational views”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We skipped lunch while exploring the Ranges,to enjoy it in the Yarra Valley vineyard.Of special interest, the Healesville Sanctuary,the best native wildlife park of its kind in Australia. Its devoted to conservation,breeding and research of wildlife. tasmanian devils,platypus,orange bellied parrot,lyrebirds and leadbeaters possum,head the list of hard to see animals in the wild.
We walked the wide circular path taking side- loops to see the creatures that excited us.
but back to the wineries of which there are 40 plus to ruminate through. We chose the Rochford-Eyton,striking for its modern architecture and fine dining room overlooking a lake. The excellent Merlot and modern Aussie cuisine suited us to a tee. Shame,we were not here when they hold classical concerts outdoors.
Some wineries to note were Domaine Chardon,Mcwilliams Lilydale and Yering Station. But after a sumptuous late lunch and the Merlot,we decided to head back to melbourne,for tomorrow we tackle The Great Ocean Road.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Eli B
London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Yarra Valley and black spur drive”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Such a beautiful drive just a day trip from Melbourne. 30 minutes from Healesvale to Narbethong. Tall black spur trees with ferns filling to forest floor. Stop at a winery before Healesvale for lunch or at the black spur hotel in Narbethong.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank emma_lundaahl
Bodmin
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great days drive and foodie lover heaven”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Pick your favourite places to visit, plan the route and when you arrive set the sat nav...

Bortoli excellent deal on tasting wine and beautiful scenery.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BodminCornishPasty
Melbourne
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best day trip from Melbourne”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and brother-in-law and I had a fantastic day trip to the Yarra Valley. It is a beautiful, easy drive. We ate a delicious luncheon meal at Chandon and they did the full wine tasting there (I was designated driver). Then we visited Boat O' Craigo, Yearing Station and Train Trak. We have become devotees of Boat O'Craigo Shiraz. Train Trak's restaurant looked really good as well.
All in - don't miss this day trip!!

Visited May 2013