“Quiet and easy access to everything.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Docklands Prestige Apartments Melbourne

Docklands Prestige Apartments Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Quiet and easy access to everything.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We ( 2 girlfriends and I) stayed at the Docklands Prestige Apartments for a girls long weekend on the weekend just passed. We arrived on Friday at 10 am and although a little difficult to find, as they are around the corner from 425 Docklands Drive, passers by knew where to locate them. Booking in was easy, they held our luggage while we went off shopping and called promptly to let us know when the room was available. We had booked a 3 bedroom apartment and were upgraded to a sub penthouse. Everything was perfect. the furniture and fittings top class and all very clean. A master suite with ensuite and walk in roble, large full screen TV, with foxtel ( limited channels), a second bedroom with a queen size bed, and a third with 2 singles. All wonderful views overlooking the water. the second bathroom contained a full bath, a shower alcove and toilet. A third toilet and hand basin was located in the corridor leading to the lounge area.
The kitchen was well stocked with glasses and utensils and a dishwasher. Large refrigerator, oven cooktop for those who wish to cook. We had dinner a couple of times on the waterfront below the apartments, plenty of restaurants to choose from. There is also a breakfast and lunch shop on the corner of the apartments which have excellent food, at cheap prices. Harbour town is a street away as well as the tram stop. We used to the city circle tram to get about as it is free.
The view is fantastic and gorgeous at night. It wasn't cheap but I guess when there are 3 people sharing the cost it isn't that bad.

Room Tip: Water view is nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kac2404

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Appalling customer service on entry! Firstly we were welcomed by a woman who could not smile to save herself. Paper work was un organised and took 10 minutes to find my reservation.
Was rudely asked for my credit card to top my morning off. When we arrived in our "prestige apartment" all that was visible was filth. Apartment was obviously not cleaned correctly with a used condom in our main ensuite. It took staff an hour to come upstairs and clean and sanitise the room. Was afraid to even hop into bed that night in case I came across something else distasteful. Would highly recommened a thorough over view of hygiene practise with staff members aswell as Management. Overall I personly would not recommend this accommodation at all - as it is not a hygienic place for your children let alone over charged Adults. - - Plenty of variety in Docklands elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kim C

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Ballina, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Hi there, well if you want a fabulous central apartment right within walking distance to the Melbourne CBD, then Docklands Prestige Apartments is your place. I have now stayed twice and each time I love it, plenty of restaurants around, great view, not bad prices considering the location. I wish I could own one...I always stay in the 1 bedroom apartment and it has a fabulous view...so I would highly recommend this wonderful place to stay and see all that amazing Melbourne has to offer...

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom apartment is a corner suite and has amazing views...excellent place.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank goldie34
Port Fairy, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in the Nolan building, which was right on the waterfront and overlooked the water from every room. Our country family of five found the apartment extremely comfortable. The location is fantastic, so close to the city but far enough away not to feel overwhelmed. There is an abundance of restaurants in the immediate vicinity all of which were happy to accommodate children. The apartment had everything that we needed, it was very spacious and clean. We enjoyed the use of the gym also. When we return to Melbourne we will definitely stay at the docklands and look forward to staying at Docklands Prestige Apartments again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank 3kidsandahusband
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Clean like a child did it! Dirt and dust blamed on building construction?..Previous tenants put a smilie face on windows that only get washed once a month and cleaning staff reluctant to do again...it would take them an hour...it would take me 15mins! They left and the dirty windows remained for the whole of Easter!
Dishwasher with putrid water in bottom..what dishes came out of that? No tea towels! No where to put luggage or put clothes away in drawers...no drawers. Not enough hangers for wet towels. Dirty couches, dirty cupboards...enough to make our skin crawl. I get sick of paying good money for substandard...these businesses need to be answerable. Oh and thank god i didnt have small children...the wiring on show behind the Tv appalling and the TV shut off every hour!
And to top it off my son left his watch behind..!
My recommendation...is never stay here...I went back in to look for watch and nothing changed no quality control of cleanliness and oh did I mention the laundry...appalling....spray and wipe doesnt clean everything! How bout a mop and moving it to clean It!
And who is the lucky owner of 1201 Boyd...maybe you should do the hotel inspector thing!
Rip off...we would have moved if we hadnt paid prior!
I would be happy to supply photos! To back up my opinion...

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wanda R, Manager at Docklands Prestige Apartments Melbourne, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
We are sorry your experience was not how you would of expected we did try to contact you. Our cleaners when to the apartment several time and were sent away .our apartments are clean and our price are equvelate to other providers. It is disappointing to us we could not get these issue sorted for you. Our apartments web site show genuine photos of our apartments. When things are left behind such as watches and wallets they are posted back. If they are here.
Cessnock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed in the sub penthouse on 21 floor. The views were spectacular to say the least, the furnishing was clean and modern, and the breakfast downstairs in the cafe outside was brilliant. Ok there was the odd bit of maintenance that needed sorting out, but that was about it. I don't know where the other reviewers stayed but I think it was somewhere different. The staff, including Wanda who seems to get bad press, were very obliging. The only problem when we arrived was that the internet was not working properly, but the following morning Wanda had the computer guy there sorting it out. Would I go there again - Yes for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Roger L
Wanda R, Owner at Docklands Prestige Apartments Melbourne, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback very much appreciated.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the Christmas period in a 2 bedroom apartment and they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom without asking. We had a view of the docklands and our apartment was exceptional. We really loved our stay - we were close to shops and we had a huge variety of restaurants just on our door stop. Upon arrival I simply phones the lady for directions who met me outside the apartments and helped with the luggage - she was a lovely helpful lady! The apartment was spacious and well furnished. The only thing I would fault is no air conditioning in bedrooms and only in living room. Will recommend prestige to all my friends and family and will certainly be back if I decide to return to Melbourne.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Neemmo
Wanda R, Owner at Docklands Prestige Apartments Melbourne, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you very much we really appreciate the great feed back you have sent us/