“As I remember from Cambodia!”
Review of Bopha Devi

Bopha Devi
Ranked #248 of 4,152 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Docklands
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had the most amazing lok lak when I was in Cambodia in 2012 so I had very high expectations of this restaurant. It absolutely did not disappoint! We had some delicious entrées and mains. The staff were lovely and so is the decor.

I can recommend the lok lak and the amok. We booked our table for this Saturday night and I'm glad we did but I'm not sure what it would be like during the week.

It's a great place and I will absolutely go back the next time I'm in Melbourne.

There are newer reviews for Bopha Devi

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This could be the one and only Cambodian restaurant in Melbourne. The food is just as I remember from travels to Cambodia and Vietnam. Reasonably priced mains in the low $20s. Dishes lend themselves to sharing. The salads with meat in them are great.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We ate at Bopha Devi early in August - the food was reasonable however it was exceptionally expensive for what we ordered. Also considering the fact the restaurant sits up one of the side streets and doesn't even have a direct view of the docklands. Come on guys, you're taking the Mickey aren't you?

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have eaten in both Thailand and Vietnam and this food didn't disappoint. It was a subtle variation on the food you experience in either neighboring country and yet held a couple of surprises. W e chose a spring roll type starter- K'dom which were lovely and Prahok Ktih which was minced meat with lemongrass, garlic and ginger which you spoon onto slices of cucumber, celery or carrot - just delicious. For mains we had Amok and Bai Char with Prawns. Both were equally good. I would definitely recommend Bopha Devi, the food isn't too spicy if you don't like really spicy food. There are some good wines and beers by the glass and this place is streets ahead of some of its local competitors.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Food was great!! Maybe a bit pricey but worth it. Service was friendly. The restaurant was a bit small and in an alleyway so not that noticeable.