“No Solo Diners”

Price range: US$10 - US$66
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Steakhouse 66 is all about fresh flavours & sensational views. The modern Australian menu features a fantastic range of a la carte dishes. Setting off the casual atmosphere, the Steakhouse 66 dips & flat bread are an ideal way to kick off an evening with friends. As the name suggests, steaks are a highlight of our grills menu. From M.S.A. Rib eye fillet to porterhouse, Australian Angus tenderloin to Wagyu rump, you'll be spoilt for choice. Steakhouse 66 also has plenty of seafood and vegetarian meals for those who prefer. Floor to ceiling windows show off the waterfront location so every table has a view of Melbourne's unique waterways.
Perth, Australia
“No Solo Diners”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Left embarrassed when refused service because I was a solo diner... It was 6:30 and only 2 tables were occupied yet they were fully booked... walked past again at 7:30 (after eating somewhere else) and the restaurant was still virtually empty. The Manager was rude and had no idea about servicing people

• Visited August 2014
7 Thank LISPNSport

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Ht strange sensation”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First impression, I was mesmerized by the view of Docklands..when I walked from the parking lot to the restaurant, I felt very tranquil by the surrounding. Me and a friend decided to share our steak, we ordered the New York Striploin 350 gr for breaking our fast. Then the manager of the restaurant, Danny Giannarelli, was asking us to clear up the table from cellphone, gloves etc for space due to a huge presentation of the steak "Are you ready for the best steak in town??" He's very nice and hillarious, and yes I love the steak...good quality juicy meat, with that subtle sensation of being in the wood (whatever that is ^___^), and side dish such as potato wedges, mushroom, and sort-of-Thai-taste salad. I'll come back when I visit Melbourne again.

Visited July 2014
Canberra, Australia
“$5 Steak”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As a family (2 Adults 3 yo and 7 month old) we found the Steakhouse 66 to be a very nice place to visit, the service was absolutely fantastic and were more than helpful in looking after us. I had the $5 steak...now I will be honest and say that it's not the hugest amount of meat but it is what it is, sides with it were $9 ea and that was enough for me, if you want quantity go to McDonalds. Now to get there from the city take the 70 or the 35 tram and get off at quay west stop, then head towards the water on the same side the tram doors open Steakhouse 66 is back towards the city facing the harbour. $5 steaks are Sunday night only. The Forest mushroom risotto finished with balsamic glaze & Parmesan cheese $25
with chicken - add $3 is also one to try my wife absolutely rates it.

• Visited August 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Over priced Specials and Misinformed”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went for dinner here last week, told what the specials were and advised they were really nice, not told the price. Ordered Special 350 NY Strip. Meat was not very warm and bits of fat and grisle. Bill arrives $80 for bit of steak two chips and a bit of salad. When I challenged the price at the till, told it was their premium steak. Why was I not told the price of the special when it was so expensive? Why if premium was the meat full of grisle and fat? Ruined our night and vowed never to return. Have had better steak everywhere else......

• Visited July 2014
melbourne
“Brilliant service, presentation, flavours and presentation.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

While I cannot dispute others' experiences at this restaurant, I am shocked that anyone could have less than an amazing experience here!!
Location: brilliant views over water/docklands
Service: welcoming, friendly, helpful
Menu options: welllll, it's a STEAKHOUSE, so mostly MEAT, but seafood and chicken and fish options and enough vegies and salads and kids options too.
Ambiance: clean, open, warm

We stumbled upon this place when we brought the kids down for Friday night fireworks. Without a booking, we were welcomed inside by friendly female maitre d' and staff. We were seated, offered menus. We chose three kids meals, one adult steak, the calamari and three sides. Every element was exquisite. Flavours and presentation outstanding.
Yes, this venue charges premium prices, but I could not fault anything about serving size or quality. As a family of 6, we could not afford to eat here often, but the two adults will definitely make this our next 'date night' venue.
Oh, and the desserts were divine!
I loved this meal and recommend this Restaurant highly.

• Visited July 2014