Stayed here to attend conference at
Melbourne Conference Centre which is a short stroll away. Location could not be better for that. Also close to the DFA so lots of shopping. Plenty of eating options nearby. The room itself was really spacious with excellent views. Would highly recommend.
We are submitting this email to express our disappointment regarding the accommodation facilities that your organisation manages.
On arrival we were escorted to apartment 1006 and were advised that this upgraded room was recently refurbished.
The following issues were discovered in the first day and a half.
• The dishwasher did not work
• Carpets in the main bedroom were badly stained on both sides of the bed.
• Carpets in the living area were badly soiled. Discoloured from tiled area to the bedroom entry
• Kitchen tiles were very greasy and slippery when we arrived.
• Taps handles came off the faucet at the basin in the bathroom
• No soap and shampoo holder in shower stall. Very difficult to bend over on slippery floor to pick up items
• Microwave trim not secured in place. We were advised by the manager of the situation but we had to remove completely, even though it was a recently "refurbished" apartment.
• Recent paint refurbish failed to include the inside of the robes, badly discoloured and dirty. There was also a very musky smell inside the robes
• No drawers in the robes to place clothing
• No globe in the standard light over the lounge
• Broken globes found in cupboard above hotplates
• No Balcony furniture – as advertised
• No Foxtel facility – as advertised
• There were no instruction/evacuation procedures manual in the room
There certainly has been NO attention to detail prior to the first rental after the refurb.
After some discussions with your manager, we were offered alternate accommodation in our original apartment 712
The following issues were discovered after we moved
• Both the taps over the basin in the bathroom constantly dripped. The tap washers need to be replaced – Maintenance ?????
• One chair at the dining table is broken – 1 leg not secured to the seat
• Tap handles come off the faucet over the bath and vanity basin
• Kitchen tiles were very greasy and slippery when we arrived
• Asked for some extra cakes of soap and coffee on the morning of the 30th and was advised that housekeeping would cover off during the day. We arrived back at around 5pm to find nothing had happened. We had to attend the office before closing to collect.
• Opened a complimentary bottle of milk for a cup of coffee only to see it curdle in the mug. Checked the use by date and found the 20th Dec stamped on it – 4 days prior to our arrival.
• Microwave moved around in cavity, base board was not fixed therefor unit moved when opening and closing door
• TV and Foxtel cables exposed at the back of the entertainment unit. Should be ducted or similar for visual appeal
• One of the coffee cups leaked around bottom handle. Of the 4 cups there, there were 3 different designs.
To date, management has only responded with a token refund for the lack of Foxtel in the first apartment.
BE WARNED, Do not stay here.