“Amazing, stunning meal”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My fiancé and I had such a lovely evening here. We came as we had watched Shane on TV and really wanted to see his restaurant. The restaurant itself is down a little alley and underground.. very moody but so impressive. The tables were spaced out and it felt very private. We tried the 4 course sharing menu and it was so delicious! For both of us including drinks was just over $200 which we found very reasonable for the amount of food we ate and the quality. We will definitely return :)

ShaneDelia, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hi leilacollett,
I'm thrilled to read that you had a lovely evening with us at Maha! Thanks for posting your review and I hope you'll be watching my new series of Spice Journey when it premieres this Thursday 31st July, 7.30pm on SBS1. I hope to welcome you back to Maha again to try some of the new dishes from this season of Spice Journey.
Shane

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Loved Maha. Great service great food. We shared the 4 course meal sharing option... A range of courses shared over wine. Delicious pairings of flavours including smoked hummus, cashews, cumin seeds and black Aleppo/ lamb kibbeh, pinenuts, labneh/ 14 hour Roasted lamb/ salmon/ Turkish delight donuts/rice pudding.
Would definitely return. Tucked down a side street off Flinders, a real gem.

Hi lilhobbs
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. "great service, great food" we can't ask for much more than that in a review! I hope we can welcome you back to Maha again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We visited Maha for the 6 course set menu during the week. The food is delicious, a modern take on traditional middle eastern flavours, lots of texture and surprises with every plate. The service was a 'just right' mixture. Thoroughly enjoyed.

Hi AllyAussie57
Thanks for posting your review. I'll be sure to pas on your comments about the service being "just right" to our team. Always nice to hear. The dishes on our menu are always being updated, so I hope we get an opportunity to welcome you back to Maha for another great experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our lunch meal at Maha lived up to our expectations and more. We found the service attentive and friendly and the four courses were well paced. The waiters read our pace and served accordingly. Each course was ample sufficiency and good value for money and we certainly left after a couple of hours feeling well filled. All the meals were tasty and beautifully presented. We enjoyed our Maha experience lunch and would readily recommend to others. We have already planned our next visit to introduce our family to this great food.

Hi Oz2Australia,
I'm pleased to read that your recent Maha experience lived up to expectations and I'm stoked that you've already planned your next visit and are bringing your family to introduce them to Maha too! Thanks for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not only does this restaurant offer the best middle eastern food, it offers 2-6 course spice journeys allowing you to try all the different dishes of the middle east. The cocktails are delicious, the decor is stunning and the staff are energetic, happy and informative. As I don't eat fish they happily changed one of the courses to suit my requirements. The best experience and food we had in Melbourne.

Hi NessSouth,
Thanks for choosing to dine with us while you were in town recently and for taking the time to post your review. I'm thrilled to read that it was the best experience and food that you had while in Melbourne. We hope to welcome you back to dine with us again when you're back in town.