“Amazing and delicious food. Definitely recommend this !”
Review of Maha

Maha
Ranked #12 of 4,179 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$23 - US$47
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First time visit here and absolutely loved the whole experience.
Partner took me here as a surprise birthday dinner and I loved it.
The service was great but most of all food was amazing and so many tasty dishes.
I did think it was a little too pricey but would definitely recommend it for a special occasion !!

ShaneDelia, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hi M S
Great to read that you loved the whole experience with us and... Happy Birthday! I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to Maha for another special occasion soon.
cheers

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Chose the 3 course set lunch menu. Outstanding value for $40 per person, and the food is so delicious. Amazing middle eastern flavours presented creatively and with a modern twist. The 12 hour slow roasted lamb was delicious, but many other favourites including the smoked hummous dip, the cracked wheat pilaf and the delicious toasted marshmallow rice pudding. Will be definitely going back for the Spice Journey Sunday lunch.

1  Thank TaniaT2012
ShaneDelia, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi TaniaT2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review after dining with us for lunch recently. And thanks for posting the pic of us! Great to read that you enjoyed your lunch and I hope to welcome you back to Maha again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Beautifully decorated, and romantic venue. Came with high expectations due to profile of the chef. Tried the 5 course degustation. Generous sized portions, packed full of interesting flavours and textures. A few surprises and deviations from traditional dishes. The lamb shoulder melted in your mouth, and the foam sorbet desert was nice. Overall good but not amazing. Nice touch of a sample of tea leaves, and a spritz of orange blossom as a parting gift.

ShaneDelia, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Natalie 075,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review after dining with us at Maha recently. Glad to read that you found a few surprises and enjoyed the lamb and the dessert. We are constantly updating the dishes on our menu, so while the 5 courses you had this time were good in your taste, perhaps some of the new dishes next time you visit you will find to be amazing! In which case I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Maha in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I'd been pestering my fiance to try Maha for ages, and when he finally agreed we were nor disappointed. I love all things Middle Eastern and so loved the decor and ambience. The food is amazing and creative, service was fantastic, helpful waiters, great cocktails. Loved the connecting shisha lounge near the entrance. It is a pricey restaurant but from my experience worth it.

ShaneDelia, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hi NikiW55
Great to read that you finally convinced your fiancé to try Maha ;-)
I'm thrilled you both enjoyed your Maha experience and I hope it won;t be your last. I look forward to welcoming you back to Maha again in the future.
Thanks for posting your review.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My fiancé and I had such a lovely evening here. We came as we had watched Shane on TV and really wanted to see his restaurant. The restaurant itself is down a little alley and underground.. very moody but so impressive. The tables were spaced out and it felt very private. We tried the 4 course sharing menu and it was so delicious! For both of us including drinks was just over $200 which we found very reasonable for the amount of food we ate and the quality. We will definitely return :)

ShaneDelia, Owner at Maha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hi leilacollett,
I'm thrilled to read that you had a lovely evening with us at Maha! Thanks for posting your review and I hope you'll be watching my new series of Spice Journey when it premieres this Thursday 31st July, 7.30pm on SBS1. I hope to welcome you back to Maha again to try some of the new dishes from this season of Spice Journey.