“Not ramen”

Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Canberra, Australia
“Not ramen”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Pros
Food came out quick
Hot and tasty

Negs
The ramen was more like spaghetti
I had cramps and diarrhea afterwards (I think from the cold egg)

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Ajisen Ramen - Ajisen Ramen Noodle portion”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I ordered Aijisen Ramen at Melbourne Central and the order took 25 mins to serve.

It is ok if I have to wait for a good meal.

However, when the order came, the bowl of soup has 2 thin slice shredded meat (the thickness of the meat is 2mm and is about the size of TWO Australian 50 cents combine) and half a egg. I try to dig into the bowl of soup noddle hoping for more meat and confirmed that this is all in the meal.

I spoke to the cashier about the meal's portion and she verify it. She said, " 2 meat and half an egg." I should have clarify with her further if the portion of the meat was 2 x 50 cents coin size but I left feeling that the price and value was not worth it.

As a long time customer with Aijisen, i felt disapointed. I have eaten Ajisen's meal in other franchise location in Melbourne and more times at Ajisen oversea s locations and am always happy about their meals. However, in this location at Melbourne Central, I am not sure if it is the cook or the franchise fault to reduce the meat's portion.

In my mind, I am joking that it could be the new year in 2014 which cause inflation and food prices shock but seriously, I am thankful that I didn't bring an Aussie guest along, otherwise it is a disgrace as an Asian host.

• Visited January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Good value”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Really great value and always a good meal. The bento boxes are always fresh and have good portions. Stress free meal.

Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
“delish! lots of food for the buck”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

this is not your instant ramen!!
i ordered the breaded pork ramen and it was perfect. huge bowl of food for $12. a lot of value for the money. the noodles were cooked perfectly, the broth was well done and service was fast

• Visited December 2013
Broadbeach, Australia
“Excellent Cuisine”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Whilst holidaying in Melbourne we always visit this restaurant and we are constantly surprised by the excellent service, speed of the meal and their personal attention to detail.

The meals are highly commendable.

• Visited December 2013