“Not your dorm room ramen noodles”
Review of Ajisen Ramen

Ajisen Ramen
Ranked #418 of 4,226 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I go here all the time. Love their ramen noodles. Every time I go I try something different. I have not been disappointed. They have a loyalty club for repeat customers. which is great for people addicted as I am. Will return again and again

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was late leaving the tennis matches so had to search for an open restaurant. A gentleman on the street recommened Ajisen Ramen. (That will teach me!)

The server was very courteous and helpful. She offered several recommendations.

The food was more or less thrown into a bowl and served. (It is not expensive!) The flavors were acceptable except for the excessive red pepper on everything.

Not a bad place for a late meal.

1  Thank Mel_Paris
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Pros
Food came out quick
Hot and tasty

Negs
The ramen was more like spaghetti
I had cramps and diarrhea afterwards (I think from the cold egg)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I ordered Aijisen Ramen at Melbourne Central and the order took 25 mins to serve.

It is ok if I have to wait for a good meal.

However, when the order came, the bowl of soup has 2 thin slice shredded meat (the thickness of the meat is 2mm and is about the size of TWO Australian 50 cents combine) and half a egg. I try to dig into the bowl of soup noddle hoping for more meat and confirmed that this is all in the meal.

I spoke to the cashier about the meal's portion and she verify it. She said, " 2 meat and half an egg." I should have clarify with her further if the portion of the meat was 2 x 50 cents coin size but I left feeling that the price and value was not worth it.

As a long time customer with Aijisen, i felt disapointed. I have eaten Ajisen's meal in other franchise location in Melbourne and more times at Ajisen oversea s locations and am always happy about their meals. However, in this location at Melbourne Central, I am not sure if it is the cook or the franchise fault to reduce the meat's portion.

In my mind, I am joking that it could be the new year in 2014 which cause inflation and food prices shock but seriously, I am thankful that I didn't bring an Aussie guest along, otherwise it is a disgrace as an Asian host.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Really great value and always a good meal. The bento boxes are always fresh and have good portions. Stress free meal.