The Mantra is a building of apartments. We were there for three nights with three children in a two bedroom apartment. The rooms were large and the beds comfortable. However, there were problems. In the main bathroom shower the flooring had broken and was sticking up with dangerously jagged edges. The room should have been taken off line till this was fixed. When we raised this at reception it was fixed with tape.The king bed was fine but only one side had a bedside lamp which was annoying. The bathroom exhaust fan ran all night and despite asking for this to be fixed nothing was done. The noise was so great we had to shut the door. Roof top noise from machinery was also annoying.
The worst for us was the breakfast for which we had paid as part of our package. Each morning it was very clear that the staff could not cope despite it being obvious that the hotel was quite full and they knew how many to expect. Food was seriously depleted and at various times there was no milk, no bread, no pastries and no fruit. Not just temporarily - just plain none. But, when we asked for some of the extras from the menu card the staff were quickly obliging with the bill but the food itself took a long time to arrive. No embarrassment about that but no explanation for running out of food for which there was no compensation offered until we complained.
The hotel is well positioned, parking is in the building and the staff were good. Pity about the breakfast and other annoying experiences. Better housekeeping and maintenance would easily avoid all of those problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Park is centrally located in Melbourne's CBD. This fantastic Apartment hotel is minutes from theatres, fashionable restaurants and the famous shopping precinct offering spectacular views of the beautiful Carlton Gardens or city skyline. Mantra on the Park is an apartment style property consisting of self-contained one and two bedroom apartments. All rooms are spacious and offer private balconies, spectacular city skyline or scenic garden views, air-conditioning, full kitchen and laundry facilities, and lounge and dining areas. Foxtel is also available in all apartments. Guests of Mantra on the Park can enjoy hotel facilities including a 24 hour reception desk, concierge and porter service, evening room service, valet laundry service and tour desk. Leisure facilities include an indoor heated pool, sauna and gymnasium. Mantra on the Park also offers an onsite dining venue, The Terrace Restaurant Bar and Grill which offers full buffet breakfast daily, a la carte dinner, all day room service, coffee, light meals and snacks. We also offer the convenience of a full minibar in all apartments. Mantra on the Park is an idyllic accommodation choice for travellers who wish to enjoy all Melbourne has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Mantra on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Park Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On The Park Melbourne