Stayed in a two bedroom apartment for a three night stay. We found the hotel was in a good location with the free tram and other trams right outside plus it was easy to walk into the centre of the city if you preferred. The hotel was pretty quiet and traffic outside did not bother us with all the doors and windows closed.
As for the rooms, we found it a little odd that there was only one sofa and one other seat in the lounge for an apartment that can accommodate up to 6. When you are on holidays you want to relax and not be squished on one sofa or sitting on dining chairs.
The Ensuite contained a bath and the second shower also had the laundry and was rather small and in need of some maintenance and a good clean. The towels were stained though clean but investing in some better quality towels would be a great idea.
Our washing machine stopped working and the dishwasher also did not work(the cleaner tried to use it) and as a result we got shifted rooms with our wet washing.
The second room's washing machine and dishwasher worked however the airconditioning would not get cold and considering the temp was the high 30's low 40's it was a little frustrating.
The staff did their best to help but they even commented that maintenance isn't regularly done on the apartments.(Nor is there any oncall maintenance people on weekends)
The aparments also had stained carpets, pieces missing from ceilings, walls etc had quite a lot of marks on them and the balcony only had one chair.
It was good to have detergent/cleaning products supplied however more care needs to be taken as we even had bananas from the previous occupents in the fridge.
We got a good deal on the accommodation price however if we were paying full price I would not be too impressed. We can generally overlook general wear and tear however being a regular Mantra hotel visitor we were a little disappointed with the apartments. The staff however were great and very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Park is centrally located in Melbourne's CBD. This fantastic Apartment hotel is minutes from theatres, fashionable restaurants and the famous shopping precinct offering spectacular views of the beautiful Carlton Gardens or city skyline. Mantra on the Park is an apartment style property consisting of self-contained one and two bedroom apartments. All rooms are spacious and offer private balconies, spectacular city skyline or scenic garden views, air-conditioning, full kitchen and laundry facilities, and lounge and dining areas. Foxtel is also available in all apartments. Guests of Mantra on the Park can enjoy hotel facilities including a 24 hour reception desk, concierge and porter service, evening room service, valet laundry service and tour desk. Leisure facilities include an indoor heated pool, sauna and gymnasium. Mantra on the Park also offers an onsite dining venue, The Terrace Restaurant Bar and Grill which offers full buffet breakfast daily, a la carte dinner, all day room service, coffee, light meals and snacks. We also offer the convenience of a full minibar in all apartments. Mantra on the Park is an idyllic accommodation choice for travellers who wish to enjoy all Melbourne has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Park Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On The Park Melbourne