Mantra on the Park
US$97
US$91
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$157
CrownePlaza.com
US$85
US$79
  • Fitness centre
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$176
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$149
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Mantra Southbank Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$148
US$324
US$259
US$257
US$206
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$118
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
2,414 results
All reviewscarlton gardensexhibition buildinggreat locationbedroom apartmentlygon streetmelbourne museumpark viewcity circle tramfamily staymain bedroomwashing machine and dryerfree tramtram stopindoor poolgood sizefull kitchenbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Whilst the location is convenient the facilities are getting a bit tired. I also think competitive and reasonable internet rates are a must. I was also disappointed that even though I made a mistake and booked an extra day that they could offer a small refund. I get it that its business, but I would have thought repeat business was also important.

This place is really suitable for sports teams on tour in Melbourne. Will find somewhere more central next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The girls and I stayed here for my hens weekend in November. Our 2 bedroom apartment was so spacious and funky! We loved the lounge room which had plenty of sitting space and the bedrooms were an ample size also. Just a short stroll from Lygon street. Overall a nice place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for a family weekend. Wife and 3 kids.
Great location, close to the city and Lygon Street for dinners.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
I did expect the place to be a little better finished / nicer for the price that we had to pay. Plus an extra $30 per night for the car!
The second bedroom (2 single beds) I could not close the door as one of the beds got in the way of the door.
The shower head in the bathroom was set at a height for one of Snow Whites dwarfs, so I had to kneel to wash my hair. I suggest that they replace the shower head with something a bit higher or adjustable.
Overall it felt dated / worn out and I did not think that Mantra would have such old stock at such a high price. I have stayed at another Mantra nearby and it is much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

For a girls' (four of us) weekend away, we specifically looked for accommodation that was close to the Les Miserables theatre and the Mantra fitted the bill perfectly, being only a 5-minute stroll away. It's also within walking distance to the shops and cafes of Melbourne Central so for us, the location was perfect.

We booked a two-bedroom apartment and were assured of twin beds in each room. As in a previous review, what we got was a queen, two singles and the sofa made up in the lounge room. None of us cared but the Mantra should care that people walk into their rooms and their first reaction is disappointment /annoyance because they have not been given what they requested - particularly after having been confirmed.

The 'master bedroom' was roomy, with a good sized ensuite. The main bathroom though was quite small and if you were of ampler proportions, there is not a lot of space to manoeuvre. There was a shower but no bath and only one hook on the back of the door so if there are a few of you, towels have to be draped over kitchen chairs or something else, to dry. Some apartments must have baths though because one was mentioned in another review so I imagine you would just have to ask when you book if this is something you want.

The room with the twin beds was very small. I had to move the bed on an angle to be able to close the door which is not ideal. If the sofa bed is not made up, the lounge area is a comfortable size as is the kitchen. There's a decent-sized table with 6 chairs and the heating works. Everything was clean and there was a good supply of tea, coffee and milk.

We had next-to-no interaction with the staff except to ask them to call a taxi but they were always smiling and polite. All in all, it suited us for a weekend and was very good value. I would be happy to stay there again but next time I think I would definitely opt for my own room!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a girls weekend in a 2 bedroom apartment. Mantra on the park is in an excellent location, being a short walk to Swanson street shopping and right next to the free city circle tram. The express IGA with bottle shop located next to reception is an added bonus and super convenient for those who like a beverage or too. The room was well appointed for the 3 of us. We had requested 4 single beds as there was to be 4 of us staying however we received a queen and 2 singles. They had made the fold out sofa bed up too, either way didn't matter as there was only 3 of us who stayed, but we would have liked to be given what we requested. The room was not cleaned thoroughly either with the bath being filled with hair. The service was questionable from the beginning to the end of our stay. The lady "in training" who checked us in was rather sassy when we were disappointed our room was not ready. What distressed us most however was the fact she advised us to catch a taxi to Chadstone costing us $90 return instead of the train which would be too difficult as we would need to buy Myki cards. The cost was not what distressed us instead it was the fact that in the magazine in our room told us off a free express Chadstone bus which she was unaware of. Whether you are new or not I feel that this should be known by the hotel staff as it was a unnecessary costly trip. The breakfast was well priced, average tasting but on par with what you would expect for the price. The girl serving was also helpful and had a good sense of humour. Would happily return due to the ideal location and suitable room, as service isn't everything but ideally someone who can actually give tourists basic travel information would be good.

• Stayed: August 2014