Mantra on the Park
The Crossley Hotel(Melbourne)
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
2,417 results
All reviewscarlton gardensexhibition buildinggreat locationbedroom apartmentlygon streetmelbourne museumpark viewcity circle tramfamily staymain bedroomwashing machine and dryerfree tramtram stopindoor poolgood sizefull kitchenbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My friend and I got this hotel as a Mystery deal and were overall happy with it. The best way to get to this hotel is via the number 35 tram. It is the free city circle tram and stops right out the front of the hotel. We didn't realise this and instead caught a tram up Bourke street and had to walk a couple of blocks; not a big deal, but handy to know.
Check in was easy, the elevators were bouncy. A recommendation would be to mention which level the pool is on in the lift as we weren't sure which floor to visit (it is the 6th floor).
Our room was nice. Bathroom could do with a make over but they were clean and tidy.
The bed was really comfy and I loved the full length mirror in the wardrobe.
The balcony had a nice view of the Carlton Gardens however one of our chairs were broken. When I called reception about this they said maintenance would fix tomorrow however we were only staying 1 night so this didn't really help us.
The biggest question: Would I stay here again? ...... Yes I would.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Corissa K
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The location was great- so close to the city and to Rod Laver Arena. Could hear the crowd from the tennis it was that close! The rooms were a good size with modern furniture and a great view. The bed was huge the bathroom was excellent. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie F
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Whilst the location is convenient the facilities are getting a bit tired. I also think competitive and reasonable internet rates are a must. I was also disappointed that even though I made a mistake and booked an extra day that they could offer a small refund. I get it that its business, but I would have thought repeat business was also important.

This place is really suitable for sports teams on tour in Melbourne. Will find somewhere more central next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The girls and I stayed here for my hens weekend in November. Our 2 bedroom apartment was so spacious and funky! We loved the lounge room which had plenty of sitting space and the bedrooms were an ample size also. Just a short stroll from Lygon street. Overall a nice place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for a family weekend. Wife and 3 kids.
Great location, close to the city and Lygon Street for dinners.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
I did expect the place to be a little better finished / nicer for the price that we had to pay. Plus an extra $30 per night for the car!
The second bedroom (2 single beds) I could not close the door as one of the beds got in the way of the door.
The shower head in the bathroom was set at a height for one of Snow Whites dwarfs, so I had to kneel to wash my hair. I suggest that they replace the shower head with something a bit higher or adjustable.
Overall it felt dated / worn out and I did not think that Mantra would have such old stock at such a high price. I have stayed at another Mantra nearby and it is much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family