“Faulty Towers ”

Ranked #448 of 4,582 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Plus 5 is a boutique cocktail, tapas and pizza bar offering tasty wood fired cuisine alongside an array of international spirits, local beers & signature cocktails. The Plus 5 lounge features regular live music, weekly food & drinks specials & opens as late as 1am on weekends so no matter day of the week, there is always something to get excited about!
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I really hope the owner of this establishment reads these reviews, I have never had an experience at a restaurant like what I experienced at Plus 5 today. In a 45 minute period:
- waitress served us last out of about 5 tables, even though we'd sat down first
- had to collect our own water from the bar after waiting half an hour for drinks
- sent wrong salad
- waitress forgot to put our drinks through, I asked where they were after wrong salad arrived, blamed the bar man then sent our drinks to the wrong table. I went and collected them myself from the bar after she told the bar man she didn't know where they were going
- had to change my order as told dish was unavailable, 20minutes after ordering
- watched as food sat for approx 10minutes before being collected
And as if this wasn't enough, then given incorrect change when paying the bill.
Blonde waitress, get your act together and stop blaming other staff for your mistakes. Seriously laughable by the end, full Faulty Towers experience.

Sam H, General Manager at Plus 5, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Hi Jecca.

It is with great sadness that I read this review as I can honestly say it is not a genuine reflection of the service & experience we pride ourselves on offering here at Plus5, nor that of the waitress you have mentioned.

I personally as the Venue Manager take full responsibility for this and offer my sincerest apologies to you and your guests who attended that day.

As a gesture of goodwill, should you find yourself back in the area I would like to offer yourself & an accompanying guest a little something on us.

If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact me on samh@plus5bar.com.au

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This place has a great view and a very friendly staff. We ordered pizza and were very happy with the quality of food. We went during happy hours so beer and wine was available at great prices.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We booked a function recently at Plus 5 and not impressed, the food was not very good, portions were very small, and not much of it, tomato sauce on Pizza dough with a random bit of cheese is not a Pizza (nothing like the photo on trip advisor), the chicken skewers were unappetising and we waited a long time for our food.
House wines were harsh!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This was a great find along the waterfront at South Wharf.

I dropped in for their happy hour between 3pm to 5pm on a Saturday afternoon and enjoyed a few $6 beers.

I sat on a stool on a long wooden bench table facing the waterfront. Great water views and a great people watching spot. Their are also comfy chairs and table outdoors for relaxing the afternoon away.

I didn't dine here but would love to next time. I saw lovely looking crab sliders and gourmet pizzas and tapas on the other tables which looked very inviting.

Maybe next time.

1  Thank tommomelbourne
Sam H, General Manager at Plus 5, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Hi Tommo!

Thanks for the great review!

We are very lucky we have such a nice spot here, hopefully we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Have been here many times on different days. This place has a really pleasant atmosphere. The pizzas are great (especially the lamb one!). Great music on a Sunday afternoon.

1  Thank greyhound804