Pan Pacific Melbourne
US$143
US$130
Doubletree
  • Room Service
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Breakfast included
US$105
US$97
  • Bar/Lounge
US$341
US$265
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$141
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$114
US$206
US$198
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$126
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
3,950 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfrelaxation suiteyarra riverhilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowscity viewattending a conferencewalk in showershort walkroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Stayed in this hilton property in end of May during my pleasure trip to Mel. Very Nice hotel, exterior looks chic and modern. I took a skybus from airport to the hotel. Once our bus arrived, the staff rush over to get our heavy bags from the bus. Very good service. Lobby was like a art gallery, quiet and peaceful with arts display around. Check in was a breeze as we are hilton HHonour member. We told the front desk that we will be leaving very early on our last day and we could not able to have our breakfast in the restaurant. To my surprise, the manager told us we could order in room breakfast service at our choice and its complimentary. Tumbs up to hilton.

Room was excellent !! I can say its one of the best in Melbourne. Our room had a good view of crown casino. I enjoy watching the fire display hourly beside the yarra river from our room. Its amazing. Comfortable king bed is also the spotlight in the room and not to forget the chic bathroom.

Hotel is walking distance to Crown casino, DFO and Eureka Tower 88. There are plenty of food, restaurant, cafe in and around crown casino. So no worries even you are hungry after midnight.

I will come back next year hilton south wharf....I'll be back.................

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I had a weekend without the children and decided to treat ourselves to a little city escape here at the Hilton South Wharf. The approach to the hotel is somewhat uninspiring as one must drive around the DFO and past a large car park. However, once inside we were treated to just a taste of what we would be experiencing.

The lobby was minimalist but with great warm timber lines throughout. There is fantastic wall art around so do take time to have a look. Check-in went smoothly and we were quickly at the door to our Relaxation Suite.

The relaxation suites are decorated in a very Scandinavian influence with lots of earth tones and timber and low-line furniture. This works well because the highlight of the suit was the sweeping windows that stretched the length of the sitting room and bedroom with a wrap around almost all the way to the bathroom. The views are STUNNING! We enjoyed watching the sunset as we unpacked our things.

The bed was beyond heavenly! Super soft sheets and doona along with a mass of pillows to choose from made me think I might just spend the whole weekend in bed. But, the tub was enough to get me up and moving. While the size is just standard and there were no jets the fact that I could watch the skyline light up as the sun went down was really special.

We went downstairs to have dinner at Nuevo 37. The great thing about this place is the super cool floating walk-in wine cellar that hangs above the bar. The whole of the interior is that warm timber again which my husband felt made him feel as though he was in a sauna but I really like. We enjoyed the charcuterie dish as well as a few other sharing plates which were all very tasty as well as the wines that came with them. My only criticism was that the waiter we had did not seem to have a very extensive knowledge of the wines although he did do his very best and, to his credit, asked his supervisor when he didn't know the answers to our questions.

Back to the room where we lounged in the plush bathrobes and watched the flames at Crown Casino from our comfy bed. The windows have push button blinds which come down from hidden recesses in the ceiling when we had enough of the night lights.

The Relaxation Suite came with access to the lounge which put on a marvelous buffet breakfast. I was chuffed to find mackeral fillets on offer as well as a great range of T2 loose leaf teas.

This was the first time I have stayed in a Hilton hotel in Australia. The staff were all polite and helpful. The room was delightful. The restaurant was delicious. I would certainly stay with them again!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the Relaxation suite!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan R
southwharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit.

I am truly delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. Your observations and opinions are much appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the HIlton Melbourne South Wharf.

Kind regards,

Michael Bourne
Hilton Melbourne South Wharf

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights during a conference at the adjacent Melbourne Convention Centre. It's a Hilton so you expect it to be plush and the service outstanding and on that front it delivers. The rooms are modern, the beds comfortable and well furnished with refrigerator, desk etc. I was upgraded to a room that had a marvellous view up the Yarra River and across to the city skyline through a full-width glass window. For a great night's sleep the automatic shutout blinds were superb. I paid for the included cooked breakfast and it was good value. The bar is also a pleasant place to share a drink at the end of the day but I did not eat dinner in the restaurant. A tip: the wireless internet is NOT free and actually quite expensive (>$25/day). However, the convention centre connected to the Hilton has free wi-fi. So, if you're at a conference like I was just check your emails during the day or head down to level 1 where you can pick up the convention centre wi-fi and save yourself some $. Honestly, for the lofty price paid for rooms and considering how widespread wi-fi is these days I am truly surprised hotels like the Hilton ask you to pay extra for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a city or river view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CoffsFamily
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Location was great, near to everything, staff pleasant, helpful, and courteous, room lovely comfortable and clean, breakfast very good, and we even got free drinks duirng a blackout.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the new Hilton on South Wharf for my partner's 40th birthday celebration. We went online and got a great deal with wotif.com to get a fantastic deal on this hotel. It included a full buffet breakfast, access to the executive lounge and a great room with top melbourne views. I was quite surprised at just how nice the rooms were considering we had stayed at Crown Metropol which is amazing but very expensive. The room itself has everything, although not massive but very very nice. Great bathroom amenities, lots of surprises tucked away and all your needs thought of. Very comfy king bed with pillow menu, extensive mini bar, personal robes and slippers and the list goes on. Might just sound standard to many of you travellers who frequent the Melbourne top hotels but for just over $300 , we got a great room, free pre dinner drinks and canapaes in the executive lounge, free afternoon tea in the lounge and then quite a good buffet breakfast for two. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly and it was a speedy check in and out. Loved the weekend and so did my partner - well done HILTON !!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taj67
southwharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I really appreciate your comments, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services.

I am truly delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us; we really appreciate the support you have provided the Hilton brand.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!

Kind regards,