“Excellent”

Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
Ranked #20 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
“Excellent”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights in mid June.
The rooms were very well fitted out which made my stay very comfortable. The floor to ceiling glass windows provided great views across the city despite the 3C cold outside.
Nice to sip on a cocktail on the way to breakfast. Staff at th Neuvo 37 restarant are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

We really value your comments and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon….

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
geelong vic
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Beautiful hotel, quiet different to any other....modern, chic, classy. 2 bdrm suite is perfect for family of 5. Beds are huge - super kings - so my 3 boys were fine to share 1 bed. We paid an extra $100 to have access to exec club which is well worth it for 5 of you. Exec club includes breakfast & cocktail hour from 6 where you can enjoy nibbles & drinks. Gorgeous roof top area showing magnificent views of melbourne - would be great on a sunny warm day.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sallyhigg
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review.
Glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We really value your support and loyalty.
Hope to see you soon…safe travel
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton South Wharf recently. I found the staff to be very helpful and polite. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite which was lovely with great views of Melbourne and the Yarra. My only small beef was the service at the restaurant for breakfast. I decided to go there instead of the club and regretted it. I stood in line for about 10-15 minutes waiting to be taken to a table. This despite the fact that there appeared to be an awful lot of empty tables. When we got there the table was dirty - I cut my losses and left. Other than this the rest of my stay was great. I loved the proximity to DFO and it was an easy walk into the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I appreciate your rating and comments and have discussed them with my Team. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at breakfast. I will personally discuss this with our Food and Beverage Manager. I hope this does not affect your decision to stay with us in the future.
Safe travels.
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at the Hilton in may 2013 for one night. I was in a standard twin room. I enjoyed the stay, the rooms are very elegant and well appointed, and the bathrooms are well designed and aesthetically pleasing.

The bed dipped in the middle but I actually liked this (my sister in the other bed did not like it though) but the beds were incredibly plush and fluffy.

Only gripe is the tv took forever to change channels, and the heater needed a repair, which was done very promptly. Our room didnt have a good view, but my parents who stayed in another room had a gorgeous view but they also paid more. Also, my parents were granted a complimentary upgrade to the one bedroom suite and this room was absolutely stunning, but if course, much more expensive then my standard room.

Over all, very good hotel, had a good "feel" to it, and will stay there again when the need arises.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review.
I appreciate your rating and comments and have discussed them with my Team. Glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed in a River View Suite the night before and the night after my wedding.

The room was huge and in a lovely state. The bathroom is very spacious with a fantastic shower and a beautiful deep bath. The bedroom had a huge kind bed with black out blinds. There is also a large walk in wardrobe. The living area is equipped with a sofa, a lounge chair, tv, desk, and a small dining table - as well as a coffee machine which was a hit with my bridesmaids.

The staff were absolutely delightful. They seriously were just lovely. More than happy to help and always with a smile and well wishes.

We did have a few issues with the heating in the room - due to the beautiful views over the Yarra our room heated up due to the sun (who would have thought Melbourne would have so much sun in winter?). Unfortunately we couldn't get the heating off, or turned down, by ourselves so had to call the Hilton team. Despite many phone calls and back and forth the room was still at 28 degrees...it really wasn't pleasant. We ended up preparing for the wedding with the door open as it was the only way to make it bearable.

The other problem was with weird noises throughout the room. The windows sounding like they were popping which I presume was from the windows heating and cooling. The other noise wounding like water running through the walls which was disconcerting when I was trying to get to sleep.

The buffet breakfast is amazing - and once again the staff are incredible. The service really is great. Even the morning after the wedding when we were trying to seat about 20 people together they accommodated us with a smile.

Our guests who also stayed at the Hilton really enjoyed the hotel as well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I really appreciate the time you have taken to write this very detailed review. I sincerely apologize for the disappointed and inconvenience you experienced regarding the air conditioning in your room. I have personally discussed this with our Chief Engineer and we have addressed the cause appropriately.

Glad you enjoyed your stay overall.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

A beautiful, new hotel with the best breakfast in Melbourne. The rooms are modern and stylish, with comfortable beds and large windows overlooking Melbourne city. I love stayin here and will definitely be a guest again. Outstanding.

• Stayed December 2012
I sincerely appreciate your 10/10 review.
Glad to hear that that enjoyed the hotel and all its facilities.
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The service is excellent at the Hilton South Wharf Melbourne, with very helpful and friendly staff. I stayed with a friend in a twin share room, which was very comfortable. The room and bathroom were both very clean, with luxurious beds. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!
So glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.