“Perfect :)”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and i both loved staying here. Room, beds, pillows, toiletries, food and staff were all the high quality you expect. The Executive Lounge was great but I did find it strange that kids were allowed in. I recommend getting a mud bath treatment in your own room as its very luxurious and affordable. This is my new favourite place and I can not wait to stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I am glad that you were pleased with our services and facilities during your visit and please come visit us again soon.

Brett Christ

Write a ReviewReviews (3,783)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed here for a Trade Fair for 5 nights. Everything was excellent, we booked a relaxation room, which was perfect for working (with it's separate lounge room). We enjoyed our afternoons after work relaxing in the business lounge. We did opt for a cooked breakfast down stairs each day over the included.
Our stay would have been completely perfect except for the prank call we received on the Saturday night but I have to say the staff were amazing, especially the night manager.
Next time we are in Melbourne we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: My tip would be to take your phone off the hook on a Saturday night ;-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience. Whilst it was disappointing that your stay was interrupted by an anonymous prank call, I am pleased our team were able to assist you.

I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked a room at this hellhole two weeks in advance at a rate of $364 for four nights. In the event our stay cost over $2000. We had asked for a twin room with a view but on arrival were offered a room overlooking the car park. After protesting for a considerable amount of time and speaking to the manager we were offered a better room but were told we would have to move the following night to a room with a single bed and a rollaway bed. Once ensconced we said we would not move. This resulted in a running war with the hotel staff during which we were locked out of the room on the third day with all our effects and valuables trapped in the room. What was supposed to be a lovely family reunion turned into a kafkaesque nightmare. The staff at this hotel need training. What an expensive and painful disappointment - never again.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Peter H

Thank you for sharing your review with us about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Naturally, I was very sorry to learn about your disappointing experience and I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact us directly in order for us to look into the matter more specifically with you.

We sincerely regret that your experience has been marred on this occasion and I do hope to hear from you soon, as we endeavour to resolve the matter as best we can.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have stayed many times at the Hilton and it's still top class from the moment you check in until you leave. They delivered a colouring set up to our room for my daughter and made her feel very special the next morning at breakfast with complimentary hot choc! We had room service for dinner which was great and they phone half an hour later to ensure the food was to standard..never had a hotel do that! Excellent views along the Yarra from our room and comfortable beds as always. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a Yarra view room, good for kids at night to see the fire show at Crown
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay.

I appreciate your feedback and naturally, was delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your overall experience with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Convention centre access is very easy from the 1st floor, and its location slightly outside the CBD gives easy access and to / from the airport via "fast routes". The bed was very comfortable with options for pillows, blankets or duvet, and the usual amenities (bathrobes for two, ample minibar, wireless wifi throughout the hotel, and free wireless in the club lounge, wall-controlled black-out blinds, etc.) made the basics very comfortable. However, the best thing about this hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness of all staff whether at the bell desk, concierge, club lounge or front desk. Room service was quick even during heavy usage times, and a small error in delivery was fixed within 5 minutes...the time it would take to get to and from the kitchens! Efficiency and good training help to give this hotel a real thumbs-up, and when we return to Melbourne, this is where we will stay again!

Room Tip: Floor to ceiling windows add to the great view from any direction, but north-facing over the river a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

We are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and it is most gratifying to receive such feedback as yours.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and I do hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Easy, good service and you are made to feel welcome. Enjoyed all the facilities we used. The beds and pillows are amazing. we used the bar and fitness center both very good. We also had room service dinner and watched an in house movie and this was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thanks very much for sharing your review with us on Trip Advisor.

Great to see that you were pleased with our services and facilities - We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights upon arrival the staff was sooo warm and welcoming , the lobby is beautifully decorated when I got to the room I was so happy in the decor it felt new and fresh , the view was beautiful and I loved the location,, they have great breakfast for room service I will deff be returning again in the future , only downfall not in the center but I didn't care everyday I strolled around so wasn't important to me . I would recommend this to everyone looking for a beautiful clean and perfect stay :) one more thing there is no pool .. I would have liked a pool but what can you do

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and deluxe king room was amazing
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Naturally, I was thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay, particularly our warm and friendly service.

We all look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Melbourne.