“Love this hotel”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed 3 years ago and again in 2013, this time with the kids in a family room. We had a wonderful two nights, so centrally located, and the staff were great with the little ones come breakfast time. The view at night down the Yarra, is spectacular...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your review about Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Great to see that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Melbourne

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was my first time at the Hilton South Wharf. What I liked and was impressed:
* Fantastic views (of South Bank and part of city - facing south-east).
* Convenient location next to Convention Centre.
* Room had a clean, modern touch. Sufficient wardrobe space. Even had a bathtub and separate shower (getting to be rare in Australian hotels).
* Breakfast spread was wide and rather extensive. You can even do your own juice - self service.

What I did not like:
* Room should have more lighting - felt somewhat dark once the blind was drawn down.
* On top of your breakfast bill, if you want a cup of latte, cappuccino, etc, you have to fork out an extra $4! This is truly the most ridiculous affair at this hotel. And the latte was not that great. (For this alone, I cannot accord a 5th star to this hotel - seems somewhat cheapskate for a 5-star hotel).
* I thought the number of service staff at breakfast was bit short. On my first day, I saw guests trying desperately to catch the attention of serving staff for a refill of coffee and many just gave up and want to get their own top-up. On my second day, true enough, I could not get my latte served despite mentioning this TWICE to 2 serving staff. I gave up eventually.
* The servers and cooks at breakfast seem not too friendly at all. No cooks or chef was present at the egg station so you have to patiently wait for one to turn up, call for one, or just give up. I noticed most guests just gave up.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if every room has a city or harbour view, but if you love views, make sure to insis...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review about Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and the features of your guestroom.
I have also noted your comments for our improvement, particularly in relation to the standard of service you received during your Breakfast experience, and we sincerely regret any inconvenience caused on this occasion. Rest assured I have shared this information with the Department Manager concerned and we greatly appreciate your feedback and observations, which help us monitor if we are meeting our valued guests' needs and expectations.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to serve you again at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

For me, Hilton has become synonym for old, worne down, under-invested hotels. Fortunately, the Melbourne version was an exception to this rule. Located in the South Wharf business-district, this hotel was attractively and modernly designed and was truly a pleasant place to stay the night. For unclear reasons, one of the 2 hotel restaurants was closed, and there wasn't a lot of life in the hotel bar itself (too large in set-up I guess). But this was compensated by the surrounded area which had a lot of nice bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review about your stay last year.

Naturally, I was delighted to read your feedback; however, we sincerely regret that the restaurant was closed during your stay - We do host private functions within the restaurant on occasion, although continue to serve food within the Bar area as an alternative. However, I'm pleased to see you enjoyed our location and the surrounding restaurants.

We all look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Let me say from the outset that the beds in this hotel are the BEST that I have ever slept in. As a business traveller I don't normally sleep very well when away from home but I slept like a baby while staying here.

The staff are very polite and friendly and do go that extra distance to meet your needs. A+

I can highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Melbourne, you won't regret the decision!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

At Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, we understand that comfort is key to ensuring a restful night's sleep and I'm delighted you were pleased with your experience, as well as our friendly service.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again int he near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great location, friendly staff and excellent food.
Stayed on the 19th floor, fabulous views of the city and the Yarra River.
Comfortable size living and sleeping areas.
Lot's of places to visit within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Many thanks for your comments about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

It was wonderful to read that you have enjoyed our services, facilities and location; and we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Booked and stayed in the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf while at an event at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC), and I couldn't have asked for a more convenient location.
Stayed three nights and was impressed. My room was of a good size for a standard room, bed was comfortable and amenities were of a high standard.
All in all a very good location to rest up for a bit after days spent on an exhibition stand!
The hotel also had good restaurants and bars nearby.
Only minor gripes were the TV remote which was very clunky to use (old batteries?) and the business centre which, with only 3 computers/screens, was full when I tried to use it one time.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Night time views over the Melbourne CBD are worth paying that little bit extra for, otherwise its a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

It was our pleasure to host you and thank you for your helpful feedback, which I have taken on board - We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the TV remote and the Business Centre being occupied during your stay.

However, I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the not too distant future, at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very convenient location for the Plenary Theatre as the Hotel is right next door. Wonderful view of the city over the river and bridges and the stay was extremely comfortable with very pleasant staff who could not do enough for you. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was absolutely sumptuous as far as a buffet breakfast could be. A short walk along the promenade to wonderful restaurants near Crown Casino overlooking the water. We certainly would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to receive your positive comments about our standard of service and I am pleased you found our location to be very convenient.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.