4,157 results
All reviews the executive lounge south wharf yarra river relaxation suite hilton hotel yarra suite convention center blackout blinds black out blinds dfo shopping crown casino floor to ceiling windows attending a conference city view walk in shower room service bars and restaurants
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Everything as you would expect of the Hilton. Stayed here 2 nights and all was very good. Valet was honest enough to admit cheaper parking just across the entry. Room service was quick and breakfast spot on time. Sartono bar in lobby was good and comfortable including big projector screen for football. Close by to exhibition centre, plenty of shops (DFO underneath) and bars / restaurants nearby. Room was spacious enough - nice bathroom and great view of the city.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always wonderful to read about your guests' enjoyable experiences at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I actually work less than 10 minutes walk from this hotel, so I know the area quite well - so while you read, please take this review with a grain of salt.
Firstly, the hotel itself is located in an interesting position. You've now got a range of restaurants, nightlife, shopping at your doorstep, and yes, Crown is a mere 10 minutes walking distance - but if you're coming to Melbourne to see Melbourne, I'm not sure if this is the hotel for you. Melbourne's CBD is fair walking distance (at least 20 minutes) and that's to the west of the city, so you've got at least another 20 minutes walking for our iconic Paris-end. That said, if you're hitting the Exhibition Centre (like I was) or Etihad Stadium, or even Crown, you couldn't be located in a better position.
Now onto the hotel itself - it's a Hilton right, so you're going to get your sleek modern hotel, with lots of staff to help you throughout your stay. If that's all you need, then stop reading and start booking. I on the other hand need more than just people waiting on me and well appointed room. So I walked into a brilliant lobby, which actually surprised me - it had lots of timber and contrasting greys throughout, which worked perfectly with interesting wall art. Check-in staff were helpful and well mannered, and there's many lifts, so you're not kept hanging waiting to get to your room, and then we got to room. In my mind I was expecting the same greys and timbers throughout, with a large well appointed bathroom and a grand view. When we walked in, we lost the timber styling and went back to basics and got your modern Hilton styled room. Maybe I was expecting a little more and maybe I thought that this time they would be different, but I guess that's Hilton's signature style so you always know what you're getting.
In summary, great hotel, if the location/style suits your needs. Terrible choice if you're actually planning on checking out what Melbourne has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to see that you were disappointed with the decor of the guestroom; however, I'm pleased you were satisfied with our level of service and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

A good Hotel , good location , good location, friendly people, BUT, something always goes wrong in the service chain , and I come here often and to many other hiltons as a good HH member. What a pity because this should be a great Hotel not only good :-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hakfor

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was pleased to note your positive comments; however if you wish to elaborate on the service issue you've experienced, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed one night to attend a show at the Convention Centre nearby.

Our room was on one of the higher floors and we had a fantastic view over the Yarra to one direction and out to Port Phillip Bay in the other. The room itself was very well appointed and comfortable, especially the bed (very comfortable) and the bathroom. The blackout blinds and overall quietness mean a good night's sleep.

Our check-in and -out were quick, professional and courteous.

We had room service dinner (good food, quick delivery) and breakfast at Cafe Cino downstairs (a little busy for the number of staff on deck).

Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I truly appreciate your helpful and positive feedback and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I spent a night here on August 15 as a simple (ok it was romantic) night out in the city, and we loved it. I booked a "City View" King room on a higher floor and the views were amazing, to the extent we actually sat there for a while just looking at the city.The bed was truly the best I have ever slept in and the room had electric blockout blinds that literally block out ALL light so it was fantastic for a sleep in. There are pubs and bars in the area with great food and a wonderful ambience, and I will highly recommend this hotel, and will stay here again should I get the opportunity.

Room Tip: Highly recommend asking for a City View room. You pay a bit more, but it is worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we look forward to your return sometime in the near future.