4,132 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfyarra riverrelaxation suitehilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowsattending a conferencecity viewwalk in showerroom servicebars and restaurants
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have returned to this hotel again, this time to celebrate my wife's retirement, because I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member and we have always been treated so well, ever since our first stay many years ago. We tried the other Hilton in Melbourne once, it was okay but we are convinced that this one is the best in standard, facilities and especially location.

Adjoining the hotel is the convention centre and a large and diverse shopping mall. It is a short walk to the Crown Casino, South Bank shops and restaurants and the CBD is just across the river.

The Executive Lounge here is one of Hilton's best in Australia, in fact I would place it a very close second to Hilton Sydney.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Having tried several room types and levels I'm convinced they don't have a bad one.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your review on Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and delighted to have had the pleasure of serving you.

Thank you again for your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A friend and I decided to see a football match at Etihad, then stay overnight and do some serious shopping. We decided on the Hilton on South Wharf because of the close proximity to the stadium and good shops. The location is excellent. Unless you want to pay for valet parking you have to park opposite the hotel in the shopping car park and the hotel will give you a validated ticket so the charge is $22 for 24 hours.

The room was lovely and the beds soft and comfortable. There was no free wifi which was disappointing given that so many places offer this now.

Our only disappointment was with the bar. We decided to go down and have a drink and relax after the game. We arrived in the lounge at 11.15pm. We ordered a couple of glasses of wine and asked if we could have a small plate of cheese and olives. Nothing else. This request was apparently too difficult. We were offered a choice of four things off the bar menu (including a hamburger) but the bar staff apparently had to "get permission from the chef" for him to give us a plate of cheese and olives. The bar staff were very polite and I appreciate that there was probably only one chef on, but this is a major international hotel and I did not think a request of a small piece of cheese and a handful of olives was asking too much. We did not want a cheese platter or any crackers...merely some cheese and olives.

The plate finally came half an hour later (by this time we had finished our wine) and it had cheese and dates with crackers and fruit paste. No olives. (We don't eat dates or crackers or fruit paste). It sounds petty but we didn't think it was a difficult request and perhaps the hotel could show a little more flexibility for something like that.

Aside from that we enjoyed our stay and the location was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Many thanks for your review following your stay with us at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I greatly appreciate your valuable feedback, particularly pertaining to the cheese plate order you placed at Sotano Bar, and we sincerely apologise that your simple request was not fulfilled in a satisfactory manner. Please be assured that our Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef have revised the offerings available during the evenings and have also addressed the matter with the team, ensuring that our staff are consistently delivering the five star service and 'can-do' attitude the Hilton brand is known for.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of your return at some stage in the near future.

Brett

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed in an Executive room which had views toward the city over the Yarra river and had access to the Executive Lounge which was fantastic. Great location, close to the Exhibition Centre, Discount shopping mall (DFO) and Casino. Valet parking is expensive at $50

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Many thanks for your review about your recent stay with us.

Wonderful to read that you were most satisfied with your stay in an Executive Room and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is without a doubt one of my favorite hotels to stay and I travel worldwide all year on business. The Hotel is however not located in the Center of the City but with easy Walking distance of many Restaurants and the Crown Casino on the south bank of the yarra river. The view from the rooms on the higher floors over the river and the City are fabulous in the tay time and especially at night. The executive Lounge is also one of the biggest and best of all the hilton Hotels I stay worldwide and as a diamond member, I experiance a lot of different lounges. The choice of Food is fantastic and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I also like the design style of the Hotel which is modern with the use of lots of Wood which gives it a homely and pleasant feel.
The only negative Point is the fee they have charged me for valet parking, 50 Dollars per day, this is outrages especially as my car, on the last night was parked just outside the front. Therefore do not valet park in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room on high floors with river and City views. Avoid valet parking as fees are very high.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and I hope we will have the pleasure of your return in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This Hotel offers an excellent location to all Melbourne has to offer. We dad dinner at Koko's in the Crown Casino Level 3. Unbelievable. Followed by Dinner the next night at Chin Chin's. It is a simple walk along the Yarra to many bars and restaurants. Very lucky with the weather, beautiful and sunny.Would highly recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Many thanks for your review about your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was delighted to read about your enjoyable visit to Melbourne and we look forward to your return at some stage in the near future.