4,130 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfyarra riverrelaxation suitehilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowsattending a conferencecity viewwalk in showerroom servicebars and restaurants
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is without a doubt one of my favorite hotels to stay and I travel worldwide all year on business. The Hotel is however not located in the Center of the City but with easy Walking distance of many Restaurants and the Crown Casino on the south bank of the yarra river. The view from the rooms on the higher floors over the river and the City are fabulous in the tay time and especially at night. The executive Lounge is also one of the biggest and best of all the hilton Hotels I stay worldwide and as a diamond member, I experiance a lot of different lounges. The choice of Food is fantastic and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I also like the design style of the Hotel which is modern with the use of lots of Wood which gives it a homely and pleasant feel.
The only negative Point is the fee they have charged me for valet parking, 50 Dollars per day, this is outrages especially as my car, on the last night was parked just outside the front. Therefore do not valet park in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room on high floors with river and City views. Avoid valet parking as fees are very high.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and I hope we will have the pleasure of your return in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This Hotel offers an excellent location to all Melbourne has to offer. We dad dinner at Koko's in the Crown Casino Level 3. Unbelievable. Followed by Dinner the next night at Chin Chin's. It is a simple walk along the Yarra to many bars and restaurants. Very lucky with the weather, beautiful and sunny.Would highly recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Many thanks for your review about your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was delighted to read about your enjoyable visit to Melbourne and we look forward to your return at some stage in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

immaculately clean, very inexpensive room service - with amazing quality food & coffee. Impeccable customer service - from EVERYONE. A lot of attention to detail - in every way. 1 block from CROWN complex & next door to DFO. 1 Block from tram lines to city. Great amenities. Everything in the room I could think of. Separate shower and bath - which was GREAT. Great water pressure in the shower. Great view. Great window.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Trip Advisor.

We continually endeavour to exceed our guests' expectations and I'm thrilled that you were pleased with our exceptional customer service, as well as other aspects of your stay.
We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Everything as you would expect of the Hilton. Stayed here 2 nights and all was very good. Valet was honest enough to admit cheaper parking just across the entry. Room service was quick and breakfast spot on time. Sartono bar in lobby was good and comfortable including big projector screen for football. Close by to exhibition centre, plenty of shops (DFO underneath) and bars / restaurants nearby. Room was spacious enough - nice bathroom and great view of the city.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always wonderful to read about your guests' enjoyable experiences at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I actually work less than 10 minutes walk from this hotel, so I know the area quite well - so while you read, please take this review with a grain of salt.
Firstly, the hotel itself is located in an interesting position. You've now got a range of restaurants, nightlife, shopping at your doorstep, and yes, Crown is a mere 10 minutes walking distance - but if you're coming to Melbourne to see Melbourne, I'm not sure if this is the hotel for you. Melbourne's CBD is fair walking distance (at least 20 minutes) and that's to the west of the city, so you've got at least another 20 minutes walking for our iconic Paris-end. That said, if you're hitting the Exhibition Centre (like I was) or Etihad Stadium, or even Crown, you couldn't be located in a better position.
Now onto the hotel itself - it's a Hilton right, so you're going to get your sleek modern hotel, with lots of staff to help you throughout your stay. If that's all you need, then stop reading and start booking. I on the other hand need more than just people waiting on me and well appointed room. So I walked into a brilliant lobby, which actually surprised me - it had lots of timber and contrasting greys throughout, which worked perfectly with interesting wall art. Check-in staff were helpful and well mannered, and there's many lifts, so you're not kept hanging waiting to get to your room, and then we got to room. In my mind I was expecting the same greys and timbers throughout, with a large well appointed bathroom and a grand view. When we walked in, we lost the timber styling and went back to basics and got your modern Hilton styled room. Maybe I was expecting a little more and maybe I thought that this time they would be different, but I guess that's Hilton's signature style so you always know what you're getting.
In summary, great hotel, if the location/style suits your needs. Terrible choice if you're actually planning on checking out what Melbourne has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to see that you were disappointed with the decor of the guestroom; however, I'm pleased you were satisfied with our level of service and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.