4,130 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfyarra riverrelaxation suitehilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowsattending a conferencecity viewwalk in showerroom servicebars and restaurants
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not being a regular visitor to Melbourne the Hilton was ideally situated next door to the Convention Centre and if it had been 'really' raining could have just used the interconnecting walk way between the motel and the centre. As I was there for a conference felt it better to pay the higher price for a room here then try to get a taxi during peak hours. Although the motel isn't in the Centre of the City it does have a DFO (direct factory outlet) just up the road and lots of place to get something to eat. I had a view over the carpark and the highway which being away all day meant that at night I had the lights of the highway and cars which was really quite beautiful - sometimes like a huge big caterpillar moving along. When ready to go to bed you can put the shutter down and block all of this out and any noise you may have occassionaly heard from the large trucks changing gears with them up. As I had an 'access' room and being an abled bodied person it did seem to have a huge bathroom with a lovely little night light that you could put on from your bed if needed to get up in the night. The rest of the room was well set out with the usual place for doing some work or putting the 'room service' dinner tray. Very clean and only on one day did I come back around 1pm and the room hadn't been made up. Staff are very welcoming and friendly no matter if they are just getting off or on the elevator or pass you in the corridor. Great room service and although not a wide a range on the menu as some places there is enough variety to select from if there for a week - although did feel like a pizza one night and that isn't on the menu and I thought it was a bit late to go out and look for a place.
There are only 2 things that let this place down. 1/ don't have free wifi in the rooms - even the cheaper places give you at least an hour each day and 2/ the water doesn't get hot - only warm. In the whole week I was there didn't need to use the cold taps at all. If you take a shower before 7am be really quick because after 30mins of running the hot tap I was lucky to get water that was just warm - after 7am it does seem that it gets a bit warmer but still not close to hot. I was told to try to run the tap for a bit longer but after running it for 30mins I just couldn't stand to see all of that water running down the drain so just had lots of really quick showers. Overall was impressed with the place and if I had time could have just taken a bit of a walk over to the Crown complex or taken a quick trip by tram/bus or taxi into the City Centre.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the elevators as this is a busy hote.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us; however, we sincerely regret that you encountered an issue with the hot water in your guestroom on this occasion. I greatly appreciate your feedback and rest assured I have relayed your important comments to my Chief Engineer accordingly - Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this matter caused you at the time.

However, I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf at some stage in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have returned to this hotel again, this time to celebrate my wife's retirement, because I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member and we have always been treated so well, ever since our first stay many years ago. We tried the other Hilton in Melbourne once, it was okay but we are convinced that this one is the best in standard, facilities and especially location.

Adjoining the hotel is the convention centre and a large and diverse shopping mall. It is a short walk to the Crown Casino, South Bank shops and restaurants and the CBD is just across the river.

The Executive Lounge here is one of Hilton's best in Australia, in fact I would place it a very close second to Hilton Sydney.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Having tried several room types and levels I'm convinced they don't have a bad one.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and delighted to have had the pleasure of serving you.

Thank you again for your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A friend and I decided to see a football match at Etihad, then stay overnight and do some serious shopping. We decided on the Hilton on South Wharf because of the close proximity to the stadium and good shops. The location is excellent. Unless you want to pay for valet parking you have to park opposite the hotel in the shopping car park and the hotel will give you a validated ticket so the charge is $22 for 24 hours.

The room was lovely and the beds soft and comfortable. There was no free wifi which was disappointing given that so many places offer this now.

Our only disappointment was with the bar. We decided to go down and have a drink and relax after the game. We arrived in the lounge at 11.15pm. We ordered a couple of glasses of wine and asked if we could have a small plate of cheese and olives. Nothing else. This request was apparently too difficult. We were offered a choice of four things off the bar menu (including a hamburger) but the bar staff apparently had to "get permission from the chef" for him to give us a plate of cheese and olives. The bar staff were very polite and I appreciate that there was probably only one chef on, but this is a major international hotel and I did not think a request of a small piece of cheese and a handful of olives was asking too much. We did not want a cheese platter or any crackers...merely some cheese and olives.

The plate finally came half an hour later (by this time we had finished our wine) and it had cheese and dates with crackers and fruit paste. No olives. (We don't eat dates or crackers or fruit paste). It sounds petty but we didn't think it was a difficult request and perhaps the hotel could show a little more flexibility for something like that.

Aside from that we enjoyed our stay and the location was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Many thanks for your review following your stay with us at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I greatly appreciate your valuable feedback, particularly pertaining to the cheese plate order you placed at Sotano Bar, and we sincerely apologise that your simple request was not fulfilled in a satisfactory manner. Please be assured that our Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef have revised the offerings available during the evenings and have also addressed the matter with the team, ensuring that our staff are consistently delivering the five star service and 'can-do' attitude the Hilton brand is known for.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of your return at some stage in the near future.

Brett

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed in an Executive room which had views toward the city over the Yarra river and had access to the Executive Lounge which was fantastic. Great location, close to the Exhibition Centre, Discount shopping mall (DFO) and Casino. Valet parking is expensive at $50

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Many thanks for your review about your recent stay with us.

Wonderful to read that you were most satisfied with your stay in an Executive Room and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is without a doubt one of my favorite hotels to stay and I travel worldwide all year on business. The Hotel is however not located in the Center of the City but with easy Walking distance of many Restaurants and the Crown Casino on the south bank of the yarra river. The view from the rooms on the higher floors over the river and the City are fabulous in the tay time and especially at night. The executive Lounge is also one of the biggest and best of all the hilton Hotels I stay worldwide and as a diamond member, I experiance a lot of different lounges. The choice of Food is fantastic and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I also like the design style of the Hotel which is modern with the use of lots of Wood which gives it a homely and pleasant feel.
The only negative Point is the fee they have charged me for valet parking, 50 Dollars per day, this is outrages especially as my car, on the last night was parked just outside the front. Therefore do not valet park in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room on high floors with river and City views. Avoid valet parking as fees are very high.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and I hope we will have the pleasure of your return in the very near future.