Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$118
US$99
  • Room Service
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$96
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$727
US$226
  • Pool
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$162
  • Free Breakfast
US$277
US$173
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$148
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$122
Priceline
4,043 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfrelaxation suiteyarra riverhilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowscity viewattending a conferencewalk in showershort walkroom service
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were treated to fantastic service and the stasff were very friendly and helpful. Great location and we had an awesome view from our 17th floor room. Room immaculate and motel spotless. Will definitely come back and stay again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We continually endeavour to exceed our guests expectations and we are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a perfect choice for those who require easy access to the Convention Centre. Also very good option for corporate travellers as it is comfortable walking distance (toting a trolley bag in heels) to Docklands ... eg ANZ, NAB, AMP & Myer. Rooms are spacious and comfortable and service is efficient, though at times can get a bit built at reception. Bar is also a good option for a light meal. Easy dash next door to DFO for some shopping, though some of the stores there are a bit hit and miss these days.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the lifts for more peace & quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for sharing your review about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Great to see that you made the most of our fantastic location and I appreciate your wonderful feedback.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice for leisure and both times had great service at reception, quick and easy. The rooms are large, big windows and very comfortable beds.

Location is good for the restaurants that are nearby on the river and it is a pleasant walk into the CBD.

Only downside is the lack of free wifi in the rooms - this is a normal complaint but I wish hotels would get the message that offering this service free to their customers makes a big difference to customer attitude, especially for international travellers who don't have a local SIM. I didn't really like hanging out in the lobby just to check emails!

Room Tip: Both I stayed in looked over docklands and was a nice view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank armstroe

Thank you for posting your review on Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Wonderful to learn that you were pleased with our hotel's services and location; and I have also noted and appreciate your important feedback regarding the Internet accessibility/charges in Guestrooms.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf for 5 nights when attending a conference at the Convention Centre next door. The hotel decor is pleasantly understated and reception staff were professional and efficient. We stayed in a standard twin room; no fabulous views here (we overlooked the DFO carpark!) however the beds were SUPER comfortable and I had five great nights' sleep, which is rare for me when away from home.

The only bug bears (and the reasons why I can't give this otherwise excellent hotel a 5-star rating) were; (1) on one occasion we found that the bathroom sink had not been cleaned out during housekeeping and was filled with murky water, and the toiletries had not been restocked, and (2) on another occasion, housekeeping had left all the dirty sheets in a pile on a chair. Somewhat sloppy for a Hilton! Perhaps a third bug bear was the lack of free wi-fi in the hotel rooms (its only available on the ground floor, otherwise internet connection is charged for).

However, for proximity to the Convention Centre, the Hilton can't be beaten. 4 stars!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Indeed, we are perfectly located for MCEC conference delegates and was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Hilton experience, overall. However, I was very sorry to note that we missed the mark in relation to the Housekeeping service levels in your Guestroom - It appears that procedures were not followed on this occasion and we sincerely apologise for this oversight.
Rest assured, I have relayed your important feedback to our Housekeeping Management and team to ensure we are consistently delivering the five star standard of service expected of the Hilton brand.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not being a regular visitor to Melbourne the Hilton was ideally situated next door to the Convention Centre and if it had been 'really' raining could have just used the interconnecting walk way between the motel and the centre. As I was there for a conference felt it better to pay the higher price for a room here then try to get a taxi during peak hours. Although the motel isn't in the Centre of the City it does have a DFO (direct factory outlet) just up the road and lots of place to get something to eat. I had a view over the carpark and the highway which being away all day meant that at night I had the lights of the highway and cars which was really quite beautiful - sometimes like a huge big caterpillar moving along. When ready to go to bed you can put the shutter down and block all of this out and any noise you may have occassionaly heard from the large trucks changing gears with them up. As I had an 'access' room and being an abled bodied person it did seem to have a huge bathroom with a lovely little night light that you could put on from your bed if needed to get up in the night. The rest of the room was well set out with the usual place for doing some work or putting the 'room service' dinner tray. Very clean and only on one day did I come back around 1pm and the room hadn't been made up. Staff are very welcoming and friendly no matter if they are just getting off or on the elevator or pass you in the corridor. Great room service and although not a wide a range on the menu as some places there is enough variety to select from if there for a week - although did feel like a pizza one night and that isn't on the menu and I thought it was a bit late to go out and look for a place.
There are only 2 things that let this place down. 1/ don't have free wifi in the rooms - even the cheaper places give you at least an hour each day and 2/ the water doesn't get hot - only warm. In the whole week I was there didn't need to use the cold taps at all. If you take a shower before 7am be really quick because after 30mins of running the hot tap I was lucky to get water that was just warm - after 7am it does seem that it gets a bit warmer but still not close to hot. I was told to try to run the tap for a bit longer but after running it for 30mins I just couldn't stand to see all of that water running down the drain so just had lots of really quick showers. Overall was impressed with the place and if I had time could have just taken a bit of a walk over to the Crown complex or taken a quick trip by tram/bus or taxi into the City Centre.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the elevators as this is a busy hote.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us; however, we sincerely regret that you encountered an issue with the hot water in your guestroom on this occasion. I greatly appreciate your feedback and rest assured I have relayed your important comments to my Chief Engineer accordingly - Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this matter caused you at the time.

However, I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf at some stage in the near future.