4,127 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfyarra riverrelaxation suitehilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowsattending a conferencecity viewwalk in showerroom servicebars and restaurants
Reviewed 30 August 2014

From the time that our bags were collected from our vehicle by the concierge to check out, everything about the Hilton was enjoyable and of a high quality. I have no complaints about any part of our stay. The location was excellent, the room very comfortable and well appointed, and the view was superb. Everything about the hotel evoked quality and I would have no hesitation In staying here again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Many thanks for your wonderful review about Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

We truly appreciate your feedback, as we continually strive to deliver exceptional service to our guests and it is gratifying for us to know that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay.

We all look forward to your return on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Melbourne is an expensive city, and so it's not easy to choose a hotel with reasonable price PLUS at the city center. So I made my way to an area which is a bit far from the core part of the city and stayed at what they called the South Wharf.

Landed on the airport and jumped into the airport shuttle, 25 mins later and you are in the South Cross bus transfer station. Go to the transfer counter, tell them your hotel and you will be guided to a line to wait for a small van to take you right to the door of your hotel.

Mine is the Hilton South Wharf and they gather other guests of Crown Plaza together. It is a bit off the way of the city center but it is also only 5-8 mins ride.

Bell boy and receptionists are very kind and helpful. The man at the door to take my luggage from the van is especially cool!!

Room is big with full length window. Automatic blinds. Writing desk and a couch are by the window. Beds are extremely comfortable. I have chosen a family room so that more spaces can be provided and it was located at the corner.

Breakfast room is large and trendy. Food is exceptional of large choices - you can have everything you want. And I particularly love the juice station. One point to note is the waitresses there seemed to be too eager to collect the cultery - there are many occasions that I noticed that some guests even have not yet finished their meal and the waitresses wanted to take the knifes and forks away. Another minor point is one day they forgot to place teaspoons in almost every table and so you got your coffee or tea but no teaspoons!

I have stayed at the Hilton Surfers Paradise (Hotel part not residences) just one week before I checked into this hotel. The former one is far from my expectations, but luckily this one saves points for the Hilton brand!!

Thanks Hilton South Wharf and their team to make such a high standard of service as well as comfortness I received. The people at the concierge (near the main door not at the reception) are of particularly top notch service and they seemed to be proud of themselves!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LucerneSau

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review.

We are always looking for ways to improve our Guests' experience and truly appreciate your valuable feedback, particularly pertaining to your Breakfast experience - Rest assured I have passed on your insightful comments to our Breakfast Manager to address with the team and again, thank you for your feedback.
I was delighted to read that you were most pleased with all other aspects of your stay at Hilton South Wharf and we look forward to serving you again in the not too distant future, should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here over a weekend in a King Yarra Suite of which gave us access to the Executive lounge. The suite was huge, big bathroom, massive lounge area overlooking the Yarra with beautiful views of the Illuminated Melbourne star in the distance at night. The hotel is in a great location right next to DFO South Wharf & the Melbourne Convention Centre whilst being just a short stroll to the Crown entertainment complex. We loved the added benefit of having access to the Executive lounge when staying in a suite, this gives you complimentary wifi, continental breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapés & drinks. The service from throughout the hotel was impeccable-much better then that of the Crown hotels from the front desk, restaurants, bars, executive lounge ect.This was by far the best hotel service wise we have stayed at in Melbourne would highly recommend!

Room Tip: book a room with access to the Executive lounge!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyMaree_92

Thank you very much for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

Always a delight to receive such wonderful feedback and I am pleased that you particularly enjoyed the benefits involved with access to the Executive Lounge during your stay.

On behalf of the team, thank you again for your feedback and we all look forward to serving you again at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We were not attending a conference, and I was concerned about being outside the CBD. But, put worries aside, it was only a 3-5 minute walk to the CBD. The concierge was excellent with dinner reservations and airport transfer. The lobby and restaurant space was gorgeous. Art gallery inhouse was very nice, and the guest room itself was very nicely appointed. A large walk-in shower, and a separate soaking tub was wonderful. The bathroom electrics were convenient and the bed and bedding were very comfortable. We had gorgeous views of the river and CBD and, casino. The breakfast was excellent, also. Laundry was delivered as promised and I truly wished I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Naturally, I was very pleased to read that you appreciated our location, services and facilities during your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and I hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights all I can say it was awesome great service, fantastic rooms, breakfast was great didn't eat in the restaurant, plenty of great restaurant in the CBD to choose from all in all was great

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review following your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we all look forward to your return at some stage in the not too distant future.