We checked out of The Blackman this morning after a three night stay in Melbourne where we came from the Windsor Hotel to this hotel. We felt our Blackman stay was average due to the following reasons:
1. Staff were knowledgable upon check in but not particularly helpful
At the Windsor we were spoilt with lots of personal service but the Blackman performs a perfunctory check in with no help with luggage upon arrival or departure up stairs or directions to the location of the room.
2. The location of the hotel is fairly isolated to shopping and dining options. A taxi or tram would be required for a variety of dinner options outside the hotel's restaurant.
3. The rooms (ours was a bay view studio) are compact with a tiny bathroom with zero bench space which was extremely annoying.
4. The corridors are dark and dingy and littered with towels and housekeeping items upon our arrival. We have previously stayed at one of the hotel's sister hotels, The Cullen, which had a beautiful display of the artwork upon each floor. We did a self tour of the Blackman's floors and there were many copies of the same artwork on each floor and the dark and pokey corridors were not a good showcase for Blackman's works.
We were not disappointed with the money we paid for our stay, however we would not return to The Blackman or other hotels now in the Arts Series
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a contemporary, boutique interior and an enviable St Kilda Road location, just a stones throw from Melbourne’s CBD, The Blackman Hotel will inspire Melbourne’s imagination. A destination perfect for business or leisure travellers, this unique Melbourne hotel boasts 209 guest accommodations and suites, a selection of which host private terraces.Built within and above the historic Airlie Mansion, The Blackman Hotel will charm and inspire guests with the works of one of Australia’s most celebrated artists, Charles Blackman, showcased throughout this unique hotel space.The Blackman Hotel is also dedicated to ensuring your visit to Melbourne is complete with dining options to tempt your tastebuds. Experience two of Melbourne’s hottest new restaurants right at your own doorstop. Couple this with our state-of-art gymnasium and your luxurious five-star experience is complete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Art Series - The Blackman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel Melbourne