“Incredible - beautiful hotel and amazing service, we had the ultimate VIP experience.”

Art Series - The Blackman
Ranked #12 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Blackman Hotel for the weekend of my 30th birthday. We were in the stunning penthouse and everything was absolutely perfect - from the spa to the robes, food, amenities and staff... We had the BEST time ever and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Lauren H, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Many thanks Kristy for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable 30th Birthday with us in the Penthouse. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a no kids , adults only weekend and couldn't have been happier. From the moment we checked in until we checked out we were looked after and had a great weekend. I've been telling all my friends this is the place to stay. The Blackman will be my first choice for any Melbourne stay . The bar downstairs has a great atmosphere and had we not arranged dinner at Crown I would have been happy to settle in for the night

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Kylie for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay. I could not be happier to hear that you enjoyed your 'adults only weekend' with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Blackman again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here on 31 May in room 1407 (for a return visit) and once again were not disappointed. The Blackman has uniquely comfortable feel, the staff faultless and the room was everything we hoped for. This time we paid the little bit extra for the bay view which includes the view of Albert Park and the Lake. It was worth it. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Although it is outside the city centre it is only a short tram trip (5-10 mins) from just out the hotel into the city or alternatively you can head south or east to a number of great attractions. The room had a couple of very minor faults in the bathroom which did not impact on our stay and as a value for money place the Blackman clearly deserves its place in the top 10 Tripadvisor hotels in Melbourne. By the way I forgot to mention the magnificent quirky art - Its worth the stay just to look at the Blackman collection around the hotel

Room Tip: Check out Blackman's artwork around the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. Your lovely comments are very much appreciated and I have shared them with our team. All of our bedding is available for purchase so please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like any additional information regarding this. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We chose to stay at The Blackman as it was very reasonably priced, and much cheaper than many of the similarly rated hotels in the CBD. The short journey down St Kilda Rd was worth it, not only for the fantastic deal, but for the wonderful, modern and luxuriously appointed studio room that we stayed in! The room was absolutely gorgeous, perfectly clean and had everything you need in it. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, just perfect! I would very highly recommend The Blackman to anyone who wants a night of luxury!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a such thing as a bad room at The Blackman!
1  Thank Ashley H

Thank you Ashley for providing us with your review of our property. I could not be happier to hear that you enjoyed your Blackman experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Always stay here when I'm in Melbourne and this time round they left me a note saying it's my fifth stay!
Like it for being a little way out of the city, half way to St Kilda so it's easy to head anywhere.
Rooms are spacious and semi apartment like. The balcony is always a welcomed feature after a day's work. The restaurant at the hotel does pretty good Italian and it's well priced. It's popular and has a nice vibe, if only it could open a little longer in the evening.
The team is very helpful and friendly, like any good Australian hospitality experience. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. It is wonderful to hear that you consider us to be like "your second home". We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

we stayed here on the 25th may 2014 and could not fault our stay. awesome views, staff were excellent, room was fantastic. Italian restaurant and café type shop on ground level were satisfactory with no complaints we would recommend this place to all

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for providing us with a review of our property. Your kind words are very much appreciated and I have shared them with our team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I was a little disappointed with the room size of the junior suite. On the website the rooms looks HUGE but the actual room itself was very tiny. My partner sat on the uncomfortable 2 seater couch while I opted for the plastic chair as the couch was so small. Even the bed was tiny, I am 165cm and my feet were dangling off the bed. The room at night was also extremely hot even with the heater system off. I stayed during the middle of winter and was sweating. Worst part of the stay there was no guaranteed parking, it was full when we got there which meant limited and VERY expensive parking options, thankfully we managed to convince the concierge to park our car in a non allocated spot in their car park. For $300 would never stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rebecca L

Thank you Rebecca for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay. Our Junior Suites are 40 sq metres, so they are a lot larger than our Studio Suites. The bed in this room type is a double so it is smaller than our other rooms that have queen and king beds. Our staff are always available to assist with any issues that you may experience (heating & car parking) so please so not hesitate to ask for assistance. We will always do everything we can to accommodate guest requests so please do not hesitate to let us know your preferences on your next stay. I would very much like to welcome you back to The Blackman again so please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can look after you on a future stay.