2,603 results
All reviews st kilda french cafe deluxe studio suite albert park depot de pain restaurants downstairs smart car tram stop small kitchenette botanical gardens loved this hotel the ground floor chapel street comfy bed bathroom door mini bar modern hotel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very comfy beds
Nice decor
Love T2 tea bags
We got some sparkling wine as it was our anniversary which was very kind
A little away from CBD but super easy to jump on a tram right outside as they come every few minutes

• Stayed: July 2014
Lauren H, Rooms Division Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed over the weekend for two nights in a twin room. While I cant fault the decor and comfort of the room, I was on a lower floor and had a view of the apartment block next door. It wasnt great and made the room quite dull with little light, but thankful I was only really there to sleep. The higher floors look spectacular from other reviewers photos.

Staff were pleasant, welcoming and informative when asked any questions. The little french coffee shop/bistro downstairs is fantastic; great food, great coffee and great service.

The hotel is slightly out of the city with a 10 minute tram ride very close by.

The only other gripe I have is that paying for wi-fi in this day and age, compared to other Boutique hotels is a really poor customer experience that could be easily rectified.

Would definitely stay at The Blackman again when in Melbourne.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Antboi
Lauren H, Rooms Division Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back again soon. Please do not hesitate to let us know your room preferences on your next stay. We are in the process of reviewing our WiFi options so hopefully there will be some changes made soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband & I stayed for 2 nights @ Art Series The Blackman in a Deluxe Studio Suite with balcony, we both wished it was longer!
Amazingly comfortable, lovely view from the balcony, trendy art work, hotel design & interior design absolutely gorges..
Staff were very welcoming and friendly. One of the best hotels ever, will Definitely go back again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us following your stay. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Blackman and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was the first time I stayed at the Blackman after staying another Art Series property, The Cullen, a few times. Overall, it was a mixed experience, with both good and bad parts. The room I was initially given had two single beds pushed together to make a king, not something I was happy to find. The lovely lady in reception happily moved me to a new room with a proper king size bed. The bed, as always with the Art Series, was superb and dreamy. Room size and layout is good, and the balcony is generous. It's always easy to relax in an Art Series.

Unfortunately, the room was quite noisy and stuffy. I believe the air conditioner spewed dust into the room when it was turned on, and it was not really feasible to leave the balcony door open at night for fresh air. I could hear water running through the pipes when a neighbour was in the shower and was woken up at 4am by the bedside alarm. I noticed a lack of attention to detail. A few small things prevented what could have been a much better experience. A room service tray remained in the hallway all day; bathroom repairs not completed properly; a shower that leaked water onto the bathroom floor; and a balcony that hasn't been cleaned in a while.
I was really keen to stay at and experience the Blackman, but as I was travelling into Prahran for breakfast after my first night, I wished I stayed at the Cullen instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew S
Lauren H, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you Andrew for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. I was sorry to hear of the issues that you experienced during your time with us. I was very happy to hear that your bedding preference was promptly addressed and that you were able to enjoy our wonderful signature beds. We place signifcant importance in the feedback that we receive from our guests so thank you for taking the time to bring these areas of concern to our attention. Please be reassured that these issues have been raised with our relevant department heads and have been followed up. I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Blackman again so please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I wish I could live there. Such a beautiful hotel, lovely staff and a great price. The Italian restaurant had great food and service also 10 out of 10 can't wait to try out the other art series in Melbourne

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay. You are more than welcome to come and live with us - we have some wonderful long stay rates available?! Otherwise, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Blackman or one of our other Art Series properties again soon.