2,568 results
All reviewsst kildafrench cafedeluxe studio suitealbert parkdepot de painrestaurants downstairssmart cartram stopsmall kitchenettebotanical gardensloved this hotelthe ground floorchapel streetcomfy bedbathroom doormini barmodern hotel
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Blackman for one night in July 2014. It is located not far out of the CBD, on the way to St Kilda, which was perfect for me as I was spending time at both locations. The hotel is located a 10 minute and very easy tram ride to the CBD and is simple to find. If you want to stay exclusively in the city, it may not be the best bet, but I loved where it was.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the restaurants downstairs were both great and the hotel has an overall fairly cool vibe (without sacraficing the comfort and functionality that you expect of a top notch hotel).

The rooms were stylishly decorated, exceptionally comfortable and spotlessly clean. The beds and bedding made sleep a pleasure and there was no noise at all that I could perceive in my room.

I thought the value was exceptional. The weekend I was in town was a busy one for Melbourne and I found that rates at many other hotels I had stayed at previously were up significantly. The Blackman was very competitively priced in comparison.

The final word in any rhotel eview has to be whether you would stay there again. From now on when I visit Melbourne, the Blackman will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JD41
Lauren H, Rooms Division Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. I have shared your lovely comments with our team. We could not be more excited to hear that we are now your hotel of choice and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel lives up to its "Art Series" name. This is a stunning looking hotel from the inside out and the colours of the room are beautiful. $5 tray charge for room service, not cool. I don't see how you can justify that charge. Besides that, this is a lovely hotel with fantastic service, nice location and beautiful rooms. The room with the one queen double bed could be very romantic. Close to trams and parks too. Few minutes tram ride to the CBD.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Josef B

Thank you Josef for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so thank you for your kind words. The Classico restaurant is managed/owned independant of the hotel but I have shared your feedback with their team. We look forward to having you stay again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. This was my first stay at an Art Series hotel.

I enjoyed staying here. The staff are lovely and accommodating. The room was nice, clean and well maintained. The bed was super comfortable.

From a travel perspective, there are trams operating nearby though, it can 15-25 minutes to get right into the CBD. There are not a huge amount of street dining options.

Not sure about the WiFi. I didn't ask the staff but I saw that it required you login and pay!

I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Josh O

Many thanks Josh for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves on our delivery of exceptional customer service so your kind words are much appreciated. We are in the process of providing our WiFi complimentary so hopefully this will be up & running for your next stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic views from the balcony over Albert Park to the bay! New, clean, bright, luxury studio room with the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!!! Beautiful pillows too and you can even buy them. Thoroughly recommended for a quirky beautiful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Robynguy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Blackman and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This lovely hotel has a welcoming ambience as soon as you enter the premises, with two restaurants situated on both sides. My room on the 9th floor is large, tastefully decorated and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. The kitchenette is an added bonus. Public transport easily accessible on St Kilda road. A perfect place to relax after a busy day out.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rose R

Thank you Rose for providing us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. Your kind words are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.