“Girls Weekend”

Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Girls Weekend”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Blackman was a wonderful hotel to stay in.
My best friend stayed for two night, this was our first time at the Blackman but not first time in Melbourne.
The beds are very very comfortable, the heating is great, the rooms are spacious, modern and well looked after.
The only negative I could state would be the lighting in the bathroom (this is from a females perspective - trying to get ready to go out) and possibly the late night room service menu - but these are really not big issues.

Overall our stay was excellent!! The service is polite and efficient.
May I add, this hotel is fantastic value for money for what you pay and what you get.

Ps. The restaurant downstairs does a lovely beef salad.

Room Tip: Upgrade when in doubt - all the rooms are beutiful.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Lauren H, Rooms Division Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We could not be happier to hear that you had an "excellent stay". We have just installed LED lighting in all of our guest rooms so this will definately assist with getting ready to go out on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just had a single night's stay at this hotel. Everything efficient and friendly from arrival to departure. Great boutique feel to the hotel from the - room was spotless with a great view. Will definitely stay here when I am back in Melbourne.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review following your stay. We are excited to hear that you had an "excellent stay" and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our room was stylish, extremely comfortable, spacious and very well designed with a nook that created a virtual second bedroom with double bed for our daughter (10) and a compact kitchenette that would have made a longer stay great. Our balcony fronted St Kilda Rd so there was traffic noise but felt buzzy and it was winter so did not spend long beyond admiring the view. Bed extremely plush and comfy. Really good breakfast downstairs (not included and I'm not sure even related) in a Scandinavia feeling cafe. Very handy for the city and botanic gardens. Parking underneath reasonably priced. Highly recommended,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us following your stay at The Blackman. Your kind words are very much appreciated and we are excited to hear that you "cannot wait to go back". We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed at the Blackman around 30 times in the last 3 or so years and I always look forward to it. The rooms are comfortable and the service is always efficient and friendly. Both restaurants on the premises are great (Classico - Italian and Depot De Pain - French Cafe) and I always look forward to dinner at Classico and Breakfast at Depot De Pain during my stay. On my most recent occasion there was a mix up with the room I was allocated and I had to go back down to reception as my card wouldn't work and I was allocated a different room however this is probably the first time I have ever had an issue like this. Overall a great mid size place to stay in Melbourne particularly for business trips to South Melbourne or St Kilda (short cab ride away).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks Mark for sharing your experience with us. We absolutely treasure our return guests so we could not be happier to hear that you always look forward to your stays with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Blackman for one night in July 2014. It is located not far out of the CBD, on the way to St Kilda, which was perfect for me as I was spending time at both locations. The hotel is located a 10 minute and very easy tram ride to the CBD and is simple to find. If you want to stay exclusively in the city, it may not be the best bet, but I loved where it was.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the restaurants downstairs were both great and the hotel has an overall fairly cool vibe (without sacraficing the comfort and functionality that you expect of a top notch hotel).

The rooms were stylishly decorated, exceptionally comfortable and spotlessly clean. The beds and bedding made sleep a pleasure and there was no noise at all that I could perceive in my room.

I thought the value was exceptional. The weekend I was in town was a busy one for Melbourne and I found that rates at many other hotels I had stayed at previously were up significantly. The Blackman was very competitively priced in comparison.

The final word in any rhotel eview has to be whether you would stay there again. From now on when I visit Melbourne, the Blackman will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JD41
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. I have shared your lovely comments with our team. We could not be more excited to hear that we are now your hotel of choice and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel lives up to its "Art Series" name. This is a stunning looking hotel from the inside out and the colours of the room are beautiful. $5 tray charge for room service, not cool. I don't see how you can justify that charge. Besides that, this is a lovely hotel with fantastic service, nice location and beautiful rooms. The room with the one queen double bed could be very romantic. Close to trams and parks too. Few minutes tram ride to the CBD.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Josef B
Thank you Josef for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at The Blackman. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so thank you for your kind words. The Classico restaurant is managed/owned independant of the hotel but I have shared your feedback with their team. We look forward to having you stay again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. This was my first stay at an Art Series hotel.

I enjoyed staying here. The staff are lovely and accommodating. The room was nice, clean and well maintained. The bed was super comfortable.

From a travel perspective, there are trams operating nearby though, it can 15-25 minutes to get right into the CBD. There are not a huge amount of street dining options.

Not sure about the WiFi. I didn't ask the staff but I saw that it required you login and pay!

I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Josh O
Many thanks Josh for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves on our delivery of exceptional customer service so your kind words are much appreciated. We are in the process of providing our WiFi complimentary so hopefully this will be up & running for your next stay.