2,574 results
All reviewsst kildafrench cafedeluxe studio suitealbert parkdepot de painrestaurants downstairssmart cartram stopsmall kitchenettebotanical gardensloved this hotelthe ground floorchapel streetcomfy bedbathroom doormini barmodern hotel
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was the second time in the Blackman, we did not do so well with our room this time. The room was poorly laid out with the door opening directly on to the bed. The rest of the room was okay, but having to fight to get around the bed to bathroom or door is not so good.

I would check the room next time

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lauren H, Rooms Division Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please let us know your room preferences on your next stay as we will do whatever we can to accomodate them. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Blackman was a wonderful hotel to stay in.
My best friend stayed for two night, this was our first time at the Blackman but not first time in Melbourne.
The beds are very very comfortable, the heating is great, the rooms are spacious, modern and well looked after.
The only negative I could state would be the lighting in the bathroom (this is from a females perspective - trying to get ready to go out) and possibly the late night room service menu - but these are really not big issues.

Overall our stay was excellent!! The service is polite and efficient.
May I add, this hotel is fantastic value for money for what you pay and what you get.

Ps. The restaurant downstairs does a lovely beef salad.

Room Tip: Upgrade when in doubt - all the rooms are beutiful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We could not be happier to hear that you had an "excellent stay". We have just installed LED lighting in all of our guest rooms so this will definately assist with getting ready to go out on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just had a single night's stay at this hotel. Everything efficient and friendly from arrival to departure. Great boutique feel to the hotel from the - room was spotless with a great view. Will definitely stay here when I am back in Melbourne.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review following your stay. We are excited to hear that you had an "excellent stay" and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our room was stylish, extremely comfortable, spacious and very well designed with a nook that created a virtual second bedroom with double bed for our daughter (10) and a compact kitchenette that would have made a longer stay great. Our balcony fronted St Kilda Rd so there was traffic noise but felt buzzy and it was winter so did not spend long beyond admiring the view. Bed extremely plush and comfy. Really good breakfast downstairs (not included and I'm not sure even related) in a Scandinavia feeling cafe. Very handy for the city and botanic gardens. Parking underneath reasonably priced. Highly recommended,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us following your stay at The Blackman. Your kind words are very much appreciated and we are excited to hear that you "cannot wait to go back". We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed at the Blackman around 30 times in the last 3 or so years and I always look forward to it. The rooms are comfortable and the service is always efficient and friendly. Both restaurants on the premises are great (Classico - Italian and Depot De Pain - French Cafe) and I always look forward to dinner at Classico and Breakfast at Depot De Pain during my stay. On my most recent occasion there was a mix up with the room I was allocated and I had to go back down to reception as my card wouldn't work and I was allocated a different room however this is probably the first time I have ever had an issue like this. Overall a great mid size place to stay in Melbourne particularly for business trips to South Melbourne or St Kilda (short cab ride away).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks Mark for sharing your experience with us. We absolutely treasure our return guests so we could not be happier to hear that you always look forward to your stays with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.