Art Series - The Blackman
  • Fitness centre
  • Spa
  • Pool
2,340 results
All reviewsst kildafrench cafedeluxe studio suitealbert parkdepot de painrestaurants downstairssmart cartram stopsmall kitchenettebotanical gardensloved this hotelchapel streetthe ground floormini barspa bathcomfy bedmodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Foot steps away from the trams, just on the edge of the CBD about a 5minute tram ride. lovely staff, courteous mindful and friendly. quick swift check in. clean rooms, comfortable, and inviting.
All amenities on site. small kitchen with EVERYTHING. loved the view from the balcony, and we got the cheapest room!!

Loved that we could be far enough away from it all, felt like going back to a home. house keeping were spot on, mindful of our items, and made the room look like a brand new check in.

Have decided this series of hotel is the only one i will stay in. Best location, roomy, trendy, parking on site, parking free on weekends on the street, car rental from hotel, bicycle rental. Only thing is, no breakfast included, however its Melbourne... lose yourself in the alleyways!

The fact that the hotel is brand new made it even more inviting. you wont be disappointed.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! have already told family and friends!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Ben_Ezard, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2010

Thanks to the author of this review. We are very happy to hear of your wonderful time at The Blackman. We are very lucky to have our great views and great location but it is most satisfying to have service noticed. Thank you for including the fantastic picture of our room and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Blackman in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

They have not long been open but these hotels (the Art Series) are going to work!
Friendly
Comfortable (incase you need me to say it, Very clean)
Well situated
With a great coffee / baker downstairs for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Ben_Ezard, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Thanks to the author of this review. It's great to know that you had a pleasent stay at The Blackman. We loved to hear your thoughts on Art Series Hotels and being a young group we are extremely excited for the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Blackman next time you are in Melbourne.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

If you've ever wondered what sleeping on clouds would be like, the Blackman provide beds and pillows which are extremely soft. My partner and I are used to our beds being a bit more firm so found it a bit more difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep.
We managed to get a deal on the Blackman via a travel website and decided to have our two day stay in Melbourne here after a long 10 hr drive from Sydney. We were disappointed that it wasn't a little more central to the City but luckily we had our own car with us.
The rooms are large and nicely decorated and we were suprised to find a small self contained kitchen in the room too. We unfortunately got stuck with a balcony that looked out to carparks so didn't spend too much time out there.
The shower was fairly standard and small, nothing really special with a shower head over a single spa bath tub.
I could hear the hallway music from my room and it's unfortunately the same song playing over and over again which got a little annoying when trying to sleep. The lifts were always fast and street parking during the weekday is available at the front for a maximum of 2hrs at $3 an hour. But you only need to pay between 8am- 6pm so we managed to park for free during the night and only had to end up putting money in the meter in the morning when we wanted a bit of a sleep in.
The staff seem friendly enough but when I asked about parking on the street etc. she didn't seem to know much stating they'd only been open for 3 weeks now as the reason.
Also, they take a massive bond out of your credit card and when I asked the front desk how much it is and when I'll be getting it back, she told me it's about $200 and I'll get it back in about 3 days. It's actually a bond of $538 and it's now been 6 days and I still haven't gotten it back. The hotel will be getting a call from me tomorrow if it is not back in my account by then. When I was at the desk another man had told the hotel he had to go to the bank to get a second credit card just because he wasn't aware of this large bond sum.
It was a nice hotel but I think I'll keep an eye out for other hotels for my next stay in Melbourne.
I'd rate the overall for this hotel to be more like a 4 star. Also, you have to pay by the hour to use the internet and there's no pool at this specific hotel but you are allowed to go to other Art Series hotels to use theirs (I'm not sure many people would bother).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thanks to the author of this review. We love hearing all of the positive feedback you have provided and we will be sure to pass on all of your constructive comments at our next staff meeting. We hope that next time you are in Melbourne you consider giving The Blackman another try.
Kind Regards, Ben Ezard Guest Experience Manager.

Reviewed 25 September 2010

Must say that I really enjoyed my stay at The Blackman. The rooms at comfortable, the staff friendly, Breakfast at the bakery was great and dinnner at Classico was delicious. It's close enough to town for it not to be a drag and the views from my balcony were great. Will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thanks to the author of this review. We are very happy to hear of your wonderful stay at The Blackman. It is always a great feeling when our guests say they will be back again. We look forward to having you back at The Blackman very soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2010

we stayed one night only, having tried Sofitel, Crown and others - and this place tops them all... not overly big and intimidating, just friendly warm and great value. we will stop trying other hotels now that we've found the blackman!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Ben_Ezard, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Thanks to the author of this review. It's fantastic to hear you had a great stay with us at The Blackman. Our team takes great pride in making sure that all of our guests feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Blackman in the near future. Regards, Ben Ezard Guest Experience manager.