Art Series - The Olsen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$173
  • Restaurant
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$109
US$142
US$128
  • Room Service
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$135
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$116
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$76
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$139
US$259
US$199
US$237
US$195
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$124
  • Fitness centre
1,928 results
All reviewschapel streetsouth yarraspoonbill restaurantglass bottomsmart cardeluxe studio suitesun decktoorak roadboutique hotelrestaurant downstairsroom servicemini barlittle thingslocation is greatlate checkoutgreat roomcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Olsen this weekend for a kid-free Melbourne getaway. I have to admit I was a little disappointed by how small our room was (website photos are a little misleading) when we checked in, but the longer we stayed at The Olsen the more we fell in love with it! We got a good deal on a standard room, so it seemed like good value for us.

We took the advice of other reviewers and ate elsewhere (amazing cafe "two birds one stone" for breakfast/ coffee and awesome "Baba Mama" restaurant for dinner just steps away) and were super happy with that.

What I LOVED about the Olsen: Location, Location, Location, they let us check in super-early for no extra charge, having a kitchenette, fuss-free service, EVO toiletries, T2 tea bags in room, cleanliness, the pool, great TV, comfy bed.

WHAT I DIDNT LOVE: no view from our room, I won't be able to afford to bring my kids here- Even though the 2 bed suites are amazing (I had a look) they are priced too high in my opinion.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Olsen.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul R, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. It sounds like you Loved It!!! I am pleased you chose the Olsen for your little getaway from the Kids, and that we had some fabulous recommenddations for your brekky. I agree, they really are fantastic.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let us know you would like tor request a higher floor on your next stay, and we will do out best to accommodate.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I loved my bed and the sense of peace here, I had to strip back the bedding and check the brand of the bed it was so good; I just wanted to find out how I was floating on a cloud and why. With very new and very high quality sheets and bedding there is no way you won't feel totally safe and at peace after a hectic day. This is my secret escape when I want to have some adventure in Melbourne, be near the city and yet seemingly out of reach from any sort of harassment. The staff were willing to do anything with the least amount of fuss. I loved every moment!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
It truely sounds like you had a marvellous time here at the Olsen,which we just love to hear. The staff will be thrilled.
The bedding is all for sale. Please contact us should you wish to proceed with making an order. We currently have a wonderful promotion- buy a bed and get a night FREE!!!
We loko forwrd to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I were not sure what to expect as we usually don't stay at this type of modern hotel, however we were really delighted with the room and style of the hotel on the whole.
The room had everything we needed, lovely and clean and location was great in Chapel St.
Very comfortable stay. No problem with friendly staff.
Would definitely go back and recommend for a short stay. Its a cool, comfortable and stylish hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 539foodandwine

Dear Guest,
Absolutely fabulous review!!! Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed twice for business. Some great deals if you book early. Plans To make it the preferred hotel for Melbourne business trips.
Some staff are just lovely, however some of the female staff are not quite as friendly as expected. Perhaps they were having a so-so day.
Spoonbill food was very nice, but expensive.
Rooms were gorgeous and well appointed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JGibbs123

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review on your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased that you thought the hotel was lovely, but extremely disappointed to hear your comment on our staff, of which I will be sharing with them.
I do trust you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night on business. Nice hotel and would stay again.

Pros:

- Great decor and rooms design
- Nice bar/restaurant on site
- Close (but not in) city

Cons:

- No free WiFi in this day and age
- Asked for a wake up call which didn't happen

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Paul R, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us.
I am however, extremely disappointed to hear you did not receive your wakeup call. This will certainly be addressed with the staff on reception.
We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.