“Amazing as always!”

Art Series - The Olsen
Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My Melbourne home! Amazing room, friendly staff and the resident restaurants are simply delicious! You dont need to leave! But if you do, you only have to walk a few steps and you're on Chapel st- one of Melbourne's best hsopping strips with everything at your finger tips!

Have to mention Jarrod who is always a pleasure to deal with and always makes me feel welcome. He remembers every little detail which makes me feel valued and not a number in the system.

Well done guys!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Christian C,

What a fabulous review to receive! I am absolutely thrilled that you have enjoyed a return visit to [The Olsen]. It sounds like you have explored and enjoyed all that South Yarra has to offer.

Jarrod is one our of Duty Managers here at [The Olsen] and I am delighted to hear that he has made your stay one to remember.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel because I liked the look and classy vibe. Was bitterly disappointed. 275 dollars and they still charge for EVERYTHING including wifi for three dollars and hour and plastic water bottles on the bedside table for three dollars. Just looks cheap to have the price on everything in an expensive hotel room. Yuk. We were on the 10th floor the windows were filthy and the restaurant menu and hotel instruction booklet had greased finger prints all over it. The kitchenette was dirty and the electricity sockets were moldy. It was a sad surprise to find the hotel in such dire straights. The kicker was my spa experience were I was told I wasn't allowed to take the bathrobe back to my room (???) So was made put my clothes back on after an oil massage. The receptionist was a sour faced lady who made our welcome to the place pretty dire. What a dizzappointment I was so looking forward to this place.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank tollu

Dear tollu,

I have found your feedback and recommendations to be most helpful, and the details that were overlooked throughout your stay shouldn’t have occurred.

I do sincerely apologise we didn’t achieve the level of service we do strive for when it comes to meeting your needs, with regard to the clear problems in your suite with the cleaning issues I can only appologise as it is not the the impession we wish for our guests to receive.

Again your feedback was most helpful, Please feel free to contact me direct as I would like to further discuss your recent stay in more detail.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Simply my favourite hotel. The staff are friendly, the beds are amazing and the location is great! The new menu in spoonbill is perfect for the cooler weather. I had the slow cooked lamb and it was amazing. Have to mention the service of Carlos and Alex who went above and beyond for me.

Room Tip: Lower floor balconies are larger
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear James L,

Thank you for taking the time to write another fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. I am very appreciative of all guest feedback and I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We are lucky to be located on the doorstep of Chapel Street and a stone throw away from the city. We are now selling our Art Series Signature Bedding so you can take the comfort home with you!

The Bultarra Salt Bush Lamb is a new favourite at Spoonbill to warm up our guests on a cold Melbourne winters day.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the team here and to make a special mention to Alex and Carlos who made your stay more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for continuing to write glowing reviews regarding your stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my third visit to Melbourne in the past year and my second stay at the Olsen. I certainly wouldn't stay anywhere else. I stayed for 2 weeks on business and was made to feel very welcome by the staff who would have struggled to be any more helpful.
The rooms are spacious and airy with a little kitchen area, have to confess that I didn't use it, but am sure it could be handy. One of the best bits about the room though is the bed, it's very comfortable indeed and certainly helped to minimise the effects of jet lag.
I used the gym a few times and whilst it's not huge it does have plenty of equipment.
I spent a fair amount of time in Spoonbills and ate there a couple of times, the food is excellent and the staff are very good indeed. It's nice to see a familiar smiling face when you are away for a couple of weeks.
The hotel itself is very well located, South Yarra is a great place to be. The hotel is only a short walk from plenty of 'stylish' shops and excellent restaurants, but also only a ten minute walk from the rail station and tram stops are even closer. You can be in the centre of the city in 15 minutes.
I am back in Melbourne in October and will be booking to stay at the Olsen again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Alan H,

I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at [The Olsen]. I love the title "The Only Place To Stay In Melbourne" we wish for all of our guests to experience what Art Series Hotels has to offer.

I am delighted that you mentioned how the team here are more than helpful and that you felt welcome. It is defintely a bonus having a kitchenette in the room, however with so many restaurants and cafe's in the area it is tempting to eat out often.

We are now selling the Art Series Signature Bedding so you can take the comfort home with you.

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed and insightful review about your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great staff, friendly atmosphere, clean rooms, and great food from Spoonbill - nice to see some changes in the menu as well.
The only place to stay in Melbourne!
A special thanks to Jarrod and Aisha for making each visit memorable!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Matt S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. I am delighted to hear that you received excellent service and enjoyed dining in Spoonbill Restaurant.

I would also like to thank you for the kind words regarding Jarrod and Aisha. I have passed on your positive feedback and they are both happy they were able to assist in making your stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stays for 3 days 3 nights on the weekend 2 weeks ago. Perfect location, have everything we need, close by to everywhere. It just between the shower and closet is a little bit too tight tho (not spacey). Had dinners at Spoonbill Restaurant, they have beautiful tasty menu to choose. Very good service in hotel as well as in restaurant. Definitely I/We will be staying at The Olsen again when we visit Melbourne! Keep it up your good services. :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear lenda916,

I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful weekend with us here at [The Olsen]. We are very lucky to be located on the fabulous shopping precinct of Chapel Street, also close to public transport and the Botanical Gardens.

I am delighted to hear that you had tasty meals in Spoonbill, we frequently update our menu depending on what's in season to ensure that we fantastic produce.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly.our room was a little delayed which was fine but the receptionist was very apologetic and we were offered a drink from the bar while we waited. We felt very welcome and comfortable. The room was gorgeous the bed is like sleeping on a cloud, great location. definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear TahneeLouise,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and will reccommend us.

I also would like to apologise if you experienced a delay with waiting for the room, but I am delighted to hear that the staff were able to assist and made you feel welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Rowena

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Art Series - The Blackman
Central Business District
Alto Hotel on Bourke
Alto Hotel on Bourke
#10 of 162 in Melbourne

Been to Art Series - The Olsen? Share your experiences!