“Beautiful hotel. Great service.”

Art Series - The Olsen
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
“Beautiful hotel. Great service.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at The Olsen for a weekend away from Sydney. What a fantastic hotel. Greeted by lovely staff including my personal favorite Jarrod who was always helpful and smiling. The artwork and decor put the finishing touches on a great hotel!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Andrew B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the team here at [The Olsen]. I will be sure to pass on feedback to Jarrod who will be extreemly happy that he was able to assist in making your stay more enjoyable.
We are very fortunate to have an array of John Olsen artwork on display for our guests.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again!

Rowena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had a one night stay at this hotel while on a business trip. Very clean and well maintained hotel. Charming too. Rooms are cosy and comfortable. Good quality supplies of all kinds in the room.

But what I really want to mention is the customer service displayed by their staff member at reception on 19/6 morning. My colleague and I had requested a shuttle service to take us to our office ( complimentary with our corporate package). But someone else from our own company took the shuttle/car that Olsen booked for us. The lady at the reception was extremely apologetic although fault lies with those who just got into our car without a prior booking. She got us a reliable taxi driver who knew exactly where our office was and would drop us there without further delay. I was impressed by her sense of responsibility and level of customer service. This is what the hospitality industry should be all about. I hopes the hotel recognises this amazing staff member.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear PatMelody,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that you loved your room. I am delighted to hear that you received such fantastic service from a member of our team. I have found out who you spoke with and told her your kind words, you have really made the teams day!

In regards to the morning transfer, It is fantastic that my colleague was able to assist and ensure that you were able to get to your office on time. I am also impressed by her sense of responsibility and level of customer care. We defintely do acknowledge and recognise this amazing staff member.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was celebrating my mother's birthday and we had a beautiful spacious room with fire place. Friendly service from the front desk staff who made us feel very welcome and an extra touch of kindness with complimentary sparkling wine and sweets in the room on arrival.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alana-GraceH
Dear alana-GraceH,

I would like to wish your mother a belated "Happy Birthday" I hope she enjoyed her special day here at [The Olsen]. We are very fortunate hear to have an array of rooms and one with a fire place is defintely a nice touch now that winter is approaching.

I am delighted to hear that the staff made you feel very welcome and that you received a treat on behalf of the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a wonderful review.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Olsen on the Sunday night of the long weekend on the 8th floor. Having read all the good reviews we were looking forward to a relaxing night away from the kids. Unfortunately we would have had more sleep had we have stayed home. It was very very noisy many many times through the night and it was very smokey to the point we both woke with sore throats. The reception staff were nice through out our stay but when we told them about our bad night their reply to us was why didn't you call us and yes we had some trouble on the 8th floor last night they were young and the hotel is non smoking someone must have been smoking through the vents. I didn't want to stay somewhere where I would have to be making calls to the reception in the middle of the night complaining about guests which was why I chose a boutique hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarena C
Rowena C, Public Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Sarena C,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. In regards to the issues you experienced during your stay I can only apologise for any noise you experienced. In addition you are absolutely correct we are a non smoking hotel.

I would like to discuss this further with you as I do not believe you were able to receive the Art Series Experience we wish our guests to receive. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location of the Olsen Hotel is perfect and the staff were very professional and friendly and understand service.
Although our room was a little small and our request for a balcony room somehow got lost!
However this sort of new boutique hotels are getting it right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Louise C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. I am delighted to hear that were impressed by our team here.

I apologise if you were unable to get the balcony request during your stay, perhaps we can allocate it ahead of time for your next stay with us. Once again thank you for writing a fantastic review.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My Melbourne home! Amazing room, friendly staff and the resident restaurants are simply delicious! You dont need to leave! But if you do, you only have to walk a few steps and you're on Chapel st- one of Melbourne's best hsopping strips with everything at your finger tips!

Have to mention Jarrod who is always a pleasure to deal with and always makes me feel welcome. He remembers every little detail which makes me feel valued and not a number in the system.

Well done guys!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Christian C,

What a fabulous review to receive! I am absolutely thrilled that you have enjoyed a return visit to [The Olsen]. It sounds like you have explored and enjoyed all that South Yarra has to offer.

Jarrod is one our of Duty Managers here at [The Olsen] and I am delighted to hear that he has made your stay one to remember.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

london
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel because I liked the look and classy vibe. Was bitterly disappointed. 275 dollars and they still charge for EVERYTHING including wifi for three dollars and hour and plastic water bottles on the bedside table for three dollars. Just looks cheap to have the price on everything in an expensive hotel room. Yuk. We were on the 10th floor the windows were filthy and the restaurant menu and hotel instruction booklet had greased finger prints all over it. The kitchenette was dirty and the electricity sockets were moldy. It was a sad surprise to find the hotel in such dire straights. The kicker was my spa experience were I was told I wasn't allowed to take the bathrobe back to my room (???) So was made put my clothes back on after an oil massage. The receptionist was a sour faced lady who made our welcome to the place pretty dire. What a dizzappointment I was so looking forward to this place.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank tollu
Dear tollu,

I have found your feedback and recommendations to be most helpful, and the details that were overlooked throughout your stay shouldn’t have occurred.

I do sincerely apologise we didn’t achieve the level of service we do strive for when it comes to meeting your needs, with regard to the clear problems in your suite with the cleaning issues I can only appologise as it is not the the impession we wish for our guests to receive.

Again your feedback was most helpful, Please feel free to contact me direct as I would like to further discuss your recent stay in more detail.