“Perfect stay”

Art Series - The Olsen
Ranked #27 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at The Olsen Hotel two times now and will continue to stay here. Personalised customer service, superior rooms with all the amenities you need, and a beautiful restaurant. Highly recommend to anyone searching for a hotel in Melbourne.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Dwayne R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at [The Olsen]. We really do appreciate all guest feedback.

I am delighted that you would recommend the hotel and will continue to remain a loyal to Art Series.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Rowena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a week long stay whilst on a work conference. The room was bright and airy with a very comfortable bed to allow some rest after a day of networking. The bar and restaurant on the ground floor is cosy and all the staff were helpful and smiling a big plus!! central to all the great shopping on Chapel st and not far to any of the attractions you may want without the hub bub of the centre of the city!! a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Samjess73,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen].

We love to receive feedback especially when it is regarding our team here and I will be certain to pass on your comments regarding the staff in Spoonbill.

I am very happy that you had a wonderful stay and hopefully we will welcome you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location but that is as far as it goes.
I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night and it was similar to staying at a night club. The rooms seems to have paper thin walls and a large number of the surrounding rooms had people partying with loud music.
there was also an error with my booking and the Hotel changed me for 2 nights stay instead of the once, after contacting them and asking for a credit or a refund they declined.
I could not recommend to stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melbourne_family12
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for choosing to recently stay at the [Olsen Hotel].

Firstly thank you for your feedback, we truly do value any and all feedback in order to continue the strive for improvement.

I have found your feedback and recommendations to be most helpful, and the details that were overlooked throughout your stay shouldn’t have occurred but I have made steps to rectify them.
I do sincerely apologise we didn’t achieve the level of service we do strive for when it comes to meeting your needs, with regards to the noise in the hotel. We do have a strict Entertainmnet Policy regarding noise afterhours.

I would really like to discuss your recent stay with us in more detail as I do not believe you were able to experience all that Art Series has to offer. Please feel free to contact me direct rowena_collings@artserieshotels.com.au.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was one of the most amazing hotels I've ever stayed in. Very unique and stylish, good size rooms. The location wasn't ideal for us, but its central, near the shopping area. Good service. We only stayed one night, but I'd love to come back and stay longer. The only negative - don't ask for a taxi, rather get one from outside, as there are plenty. They call someone they know, who drove so slow we nearly missed the flight... However the hotel is amazing!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
"gastroExpress"

What a delightful review to read! I am very happy that you were able to capture all that Art Series has to offer and that we wish for our guests to feel inspired and have a unique experience whilst staying with us.

I am sorry to hear that the taxi driver that was arranged was less than efficient in getting you from the hotel to the airport.

We would love to have you return to the hotel for a longer stay!

Sydney
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great little apartment style hotel with a lovely warm feeling. Not sure how it would be in summer though.

The room had good space but the bathroom was a little on the tight side.

Loved to be this close to the city but to not be in the mess.

Transport was easily accessible if you did want to go anywhere.

A great find!

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the building - noise from building works behind the hotel make for a noisy...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Maccadee,

Thank you for taking the time regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. I am delighted to read that you experienced a lovely warm feeling.

We are very fortunate to be located close to the city but also right near the buzz of Chapel Street. We really do appreciate all guest feedback and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay!

Hobart
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night on the way back from Fiji.
We booked a studio suite as we got in late and were only there the one night. Unfortunately some guests were playing music very loudly until almost 3am on the sunday night, I did manage to get to sleep but woke up and it was still playing so we called reception who said they would go and tell them as they shouldn't of been playing any music. About ten minutes later the music stopped.

Hotel gave us a late check out and free wi fi as we were only using it for a couple of hours. I suggest registering as a priority member before you book.
We like this hotel as its in a great spot, staff are friendly, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I also love the Evo products in the bathroom.

We are going back in November and look forward to staying at the olsen again :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bec,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen].

I am dissapointed to hear that you were unable to get a great night's sleep however, I am happy to hear that the overnight team here were able to assist and ensure that the music came to a end.

We are very lucky to be in a fantastic location right in the buzz of Chapel Street. Thank you for the kind words regarding the team here at [The Olsen].

We look forward to welcoming you back in November!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Wow! Friendly and helpful staff that go above and beyond for you. The chief concierge was so helpful and lovely, he went above and beyond. The rooms are funky and lovely. Great location for chapel st shopping! Awesome hotel

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Bec,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen].

I would like to also thank you for the kind words regarding the team. I will be sure to share your feedback. In particular to Paul Rumpff our Chief Concierge, I am delighted to read that he was able to exceed your expectations.

At [The Olsen] we want our team to be able to share personal reccomendations of what they think our guests will enjoy and specialise it to enhance their stay at [The Olsen].

I am very happy that you had such a fantastic time whilst staying with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Rowena
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Art Series - The Blackman
Central Business District
Alto Hotel on Bourke
Alto Hotel on Bourke
#11 of 160 in Melbourne

Been to Art Series - The Olsen? Share your experiences!