“Forget the late Checkout”

Art Series - The Olsen
Ranked #27 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
“Forget the late Checkout”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I'm awake. Writing this review.

I shouldn't be. As we were promised a 1.00 pm checkout.

We were woken at 9.30 by the cleaners barging into our room. They then barged in again at 11.30. Then reception rang at 12, to check what time we were leaving, despite happily advising us on check-in of our late checkout.

Get it right Olsen. Never again.

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank Peter F
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your comments. I want to start with my sincere apologies as you were distrupted numerous times.

I am dissapointed that our team had not communicated to ensure you had your 1pm late checkout that was advised upon check in.

I would like to discuss your stay with you further as I do not feel you were able to experience all that [The Olsen] has to offer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Rowena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed 13 August 2014

we've stayed twice - very relaxed, with great service, staff, rooms, artwork (unique Olsen theme obviously), outside of the duller CBD but ideal distance from sporting and cutural venues nearby - now our Melbourne hotel of choice.

Room Tip: all the rooms have standard city views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear stew102,

What a great review. I really appreciate the time you have taken to highlight our hotel and our team here at [The Olsen].

We are passionate about creating unique experiences for our guests, and it means a lot to our staff to know we could create that for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to [The Olsen] in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and all I can say is how extremely disappointed I was. I've been wanting to stay at the hotel for quite some time and have had amazing experiences at The Blackman so I was really looking forward to a weekend away. While there the staff were amazing, friendly and happy to help but unfortunately the room was completely disappointing and not what I was expecting for the cost of our stay. Before I even entered my room I had to go back downstairs as the room card was not working, this would happen again the day after - while only a small annoyance, when accompanied by the fact the bathroom door scraped on the floor making a terrible noise each time you used it and the reverse cycle air conditioner being loud and unsettling it does not a happy guest make. While the bed was comfortable, the quilt was merely places between 2 sheets and had no cover on and the mini bar did not seem to have been restocked. The thing I found most irritating though, was after providing details of the card that was to be charged they then debited the costs from another card that was used to make the booking - not such a big deal except for the fact they are still holding the room fees and also another $200 bond (only meant to be $100). It took two emails and 48 hours for me to get a response as to why this was and am still waiting to receive the invoice I requested. Overall I still had a nice weekend away, and enjoyed the interaction with the amazing staff, however I wouldn't be recommending this hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear whoisbee,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback following your stay at [The Olsen].

I want to start with my sincere apologies, It is with great sadness to read that you were disappointed with your stay.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the team here, I will be sure to pass on your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that there were a few issues with your suite. I have made provisions to ensure that these issues do not occur again.

In regards to the preauthorisation taken on the credit card charge on arrival. Occasionally there are delays on this refund at the user end due to individual bank problems; however it should have been released to you within 48 hours.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further correspondence, I would love to invite you back to stay with us. If you would like to contact me direct rowena_collings@artserieshotels.com.au.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A long weekend in Melbourne with my partner, we had had several people recommend to stay here. Not one to normally complain about things, the hot water system was not working well and we had luke warm showers each day(pretty disappointing after a day out in Melbourne winter). After mentioning it to front office they said someone would look into it. No one did. We mentioned it again at check out and were told front office manager would be in contact with us. After not being contacted I emailed again and have had still no response 5 weeks later.

An industry person, I was very pleasant about my complaint and viewed it more as feedback for them to rectify the problem. It was a shame as this is not a cheap hotel and we were left a little disappointed.

Hotel was nice - disappointed about the service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at [The Olsen].

I do believe that our management here at [The Olsen] contacted you regarding your stay with us.

We love to receive feedback in order to strive for improvement. Please let me know if you are to book with us in the future as I feel as though we can ensure you experience all that Art Series has to offer.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at the Olsen whilst attending a trade show in Melbourne in July 2014.
As a visitor to Melbourne who had little idea of how to negotiate the city I found the staff to be both professional and informative whilst always making the interaction enjoyable.
The rooms were amazing and the overall experience of staying at the Olsen one of the best I have had travelling in Australia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DionJN
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Don't bother looking any further. The room was fresh, the bed comfy and the service seamless.

My colleague and I had no issues at any point and were treated as though we were old friends returning from a trip.

The team on the front desk were always helpful and ready to do anything we needed doing. Printing, new keys and parking were all looked after and it was really appreciated.

Perfection.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DanTandD
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear DanTandD,

What a wonderful review to read with a title like "Perfection". It sounds like you had a fantastic stay with us here at [The Olsen].

We really do appreciate all guest feedback and I am delighted that you encountered personable service from our team.

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at The Olsen Hotel two times now and will continue to stay here. Personalised customer service, superior rooms with all the amenities you need, and a beautiful restaurant. Highly recommend to anyone searching for a hotel in Melbourne.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dwayne R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at [The Olsen]. We really do appreciate all guest feedback.

I am delighted that you would recommend the hotel and will continue to remain a loyal to Art Series.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Rowena
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Art Series - The Blackman
Central Business District
Alto Hotel on Bourke
Alto Hotel on Bourke
#11 of 160 in Melbourne

Been to Art Series - The Olsen? Share your experiences!