Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$102
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$104
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$181
Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$88
  • Pool
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$117
US$302
US$178
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$157
  • Breakfast included
4,407 results
All reviewsetihad stadiumsouthern cross stationaurora lanegreat locationtravel lodgeroom was cleantrain stationroom serviceshort walkpublic transporteasy accesssky buswould stay againgreat place to staywithin walking distancegood sizeshort stay
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Rooms are absolutely fine, meaning that they're clean and everything you need is there. Breakfast is good too and it has a reasonable price. However, the staff is absent. I had a problem with my room 1313 which was extremely noisy (maybe the air conditioner not working properly?), so in the morning I asked for "urgent" maintenance using the form available in the room. When I came back in the late evening the form had been collected but nothing had been done against the noise nor had anyone left me a message whatsoever. I went down to the reception and the guys there knew nothing of my request, but at least they agreed to give me another room and, when I asked, a breakfast voucher as compensation. Another thing that I'd like to point out is that the first room had two beds and one convertible which was folded out into a third bed, thus taking away a lot of space... even though I was a solo traveller. This made me think from the beginning that service in this hotel was not so attentive of our needs. Anyway everything was ok in the second room, 1326. Last thing about the staff: I am not native speaker, but either my English is worse than I thought, or the girls at the reception had serious language issues. I found it very difficult to communicate with them.
Apart from this, if I were to go back to Melbourne I would definitely choose a more central location than Travelodge Docklands. Besides, guests at this hotel only have 15 minutes free wi-fi daily in the lobby, while Federation Square in the city center offers free wi-fi to everyone all day long instead.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 1313: you won't be able to sleep from the noise. 1326 is good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jen A, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Cristina1983,

We thank you for your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Docklands. We also believe that our prices are reasonable and in line with our competitors.

We are glad that you enjoyed your second room and the team were able to rectify the issue for you. Please accept our apology that the issue wasn’t recognised the first time.

I have communicated your feedback to our team, moving forward we will improve by ensuring we are providing our guest with clear communication. Should you wish to discuss the matter further, I can be contacted on 03 8615 1000.

Our location is favoured by many of our guests as we are only a short walking distance to all the main attractions. Next door is Southern Cross station and Etihad Stadium. Less than 300 metres to our right is the Flinders Street tram stop where you can catch the free city circle tram. Our Friendly Team is available 24 hours to assist with ensuring the comfort of all our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we hope to welcome you back to Travelodge Docklands in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed in this property for 1 night in Feb 2014. Got this room for only 112 AUD from it's rack rate of 150+ AUD because I bought as mystery hotel in wotif (but you can totally guessed it from the description though; note there's a service charge of 5.5 AUD if booking via wotif). Overall the stay was enjoyable, modern, clean, location is great. Too bad in this era, they don't have free in room wifi. I was not informed on the 15 mins free wifi at lobby (I only knew by reading other reviews just now, after I'm back). Overall I would stay here again, but only if it's discounted. Would be hard to justify the value if it was full price. If you have a car, I would actually recommend to stay elsewhere at city fringe just to avoid the harsh parking fee.

Pro:
- Modern, clean, very big room. Yes the king size bed are 2 beds adjoined but I don't see the big deal. There's even a sofa bed so this room can actually support 3 people comfortably.
- Amenities were good; microwave, safe, mini fridge, hair dryer, TV and AIR CON! (really helpful for summer where I experienced 42 degrees celcius!) Literally it was just missing the free wifi in this modern world.
- Strategic location; you can walk to Etihad stadium, train station, Yarra river & Flinders street (although a bit far). Shuttle bus to airport, nearby.
- Near the lobby they also have shared computer & laundry facilities but you have to pay extra.

Cons:
- No in room free wifi and it was expensive too, like over 19 AUD for few hours? I was not informed on the free 15 mins wifi at the lobby.
- Parking is expensive (20 AUD) - although you can ask them to stamp it for multiple entries.
- Even though I have prepaid for the room, I'm still requested to swipe my credit card for 50 AUD deposit although they will cancel it if no problem.

Again, overall the stay was enjoyable. If discounted, value for money esp if you got a discount like me & if you don't bring a car. If you find my review to be helpful, pls click that helpful vote. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ti_Chan
Jen A, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Ti_Chan,

We are delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are also glad that you found our location convenient and short walking distance to all the main attractions.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Basic small rooms. Comfortable king size bed.

Floor to ceiling window - very nice.

On the morning we left, we were getting dressed and there was a knock at the door. Before my husband could "hide" himself - a cleaner stuck her head in than out and closed the door.

How random.

2 minutes later - repeat performance.

Parking is a pain.

Overall- reasonable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trudiDarwin

Dear trudiDarwin,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback positive and negative.

Please accept our apology for the quick entrance into your room by our Room Attendants; I will share your feedback with our Housekeeping team to ensure that we allow more time for our guest to respond to our knock on the door for room service.

Our Team is available 24 hours to assist with ensuring the comfort of all our guests. Parking is next door with lift access through ground level of 717 complex. If you wish to discuss further for ways in which we can improve our parking arrangements, I can be contacted on 03 8615 1000.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights to visit friends in Melbourne. We chose it because it had a good offer on and because it was near the Skybus shuttle for the airport.
We liked the hotel, the rooms were a decent size and we were on the 13th floor but no views as there was a building right behind the hotel.
We did not eat at the hotel but the docklands are is full of eateries and seems to attract young people and was lively.
You have to pay for WiFi but you do get 15 minutes free in the lobby.
All in all we would recommend this hotel for a short stay, especially as it is near the airport shuttle and Southern Cross railway station

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear rin1952,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.

We are also pleased to hear that you found our location short walking distance to all the main attractions.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we hope you will choose us again as your preferred Melbourne hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was dubious at first staying at a Travelodge for its historic reputation but I found the Docklands branch was great value for money, great central location and many more for my 5 nights, 6 days stay. I suppose it maybe new or newly refurbished. I would definitely stay here again when I am in Melbourne provided that it remains or improves its quality.

I stayed here in February 2-7, 2014 and found the hotel very good: King Superior Room was a good size and good value for money, very clean (but could be cleaner), good friendly staff, good laundry facilities, my bed was made every day and very comfortable. It was good to see a microwave in the room just in case you want to heat something. Access to wifi is becoming a must to most people so should therefore be free longer and faster.

The location was great: center enough in town but far away enough from the noise (if that makes sense).

Located behind the Southern Cross Station, I was within 5-10 minutes walk away (head towards Channel 9 building). I can always stop by Spencer Street Outlet for last minute shopping spree or just have a bite to eat before I retire for the day. There are a few smaller quick eateries around and a Countdown and Coles within the Station.

Harbour Town Outlet store and Costco is within 10 minutes walking distance along the slowly establishing Docklands. I preferred the Tram because of the heat.

Go down Spencer Street and just walk up Bourke Street to get to the center of town: to get to Myers and David Jones, QV etc.

Make sure you have good walking shoes and have a versatile wardrobe for the Melbourne Weather.

Room Tip: Loved the 10th Floor. Reasonably good view of the offices next door but high enough from the noise traffic :-)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear R V,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

Our focus is to always create a wonderful experience for our guest and with your feedback as indication that we are on the right path.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Travelodge Hotels in the near future.