“reliable halal muslim food, malaysian flavour.”

Madam Kay's Platz Cafe
Ranked #2,410 of 4,062 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: At Madam Kay's platz we serves Malaysian Cuisine and Breakfast + Beautiful coffee.
Seremban, Malaysia
“reliable halal muslim food, malaysian flavour.”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

There are many restaurants in melbourne / City offering halal food .I have been to most of them .Madam Kay's is definately Malaysian flavour , should you missed the nasi goreng , or tom yam paprik or nasi lemak .Waiters and cook are ' orang melayu ' and service is ok .price is standard , Aussie price. Each serving is more than enough for the average malaysian to consume.
C an't find the place , look for Chancellor Hotel , its 3 or 4 lots away.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank mohzan

Melbourne, Australia
“One of the worst Penang Kway Teow you can ever find anywhere”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I wanted a nice cooked meal and stumbled upon this place during my lunch walkabout. The Penag Kway Teow I had is definitely one of the worst I'd ever had anywhere. I'd suggest for the owners to take it off their menu cos it's not even close to what Penang Kway Teow is. Was throughly disappointed and can't believe they charge $10.50 for this!

• Visited July 2011
Singapore
“Great Halal Food!”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

When most restaurants open at 11 am, Madam Kay's Platz serves breakfast starting from 7.30am! It was a great change for us.It's very cosy and quiet. They have Malaysian cuisine like nasi lemak, nasi ayam, cantonese bee hoon, tom yam bee hoon, etc. They also have sandwiches and cakes for us to take away.But what I really luv is the hot vanilla!!!! I can't take chocolate, so having a hot vanilla nearby was superb! We stayed at Oaks on Lonsdale, so Madam Kay's is only a block away. Do give this place a try!

To the management, well done and may your restaurant prosper in due time! :)

1 Thank TiFB
melbourne
“Place to taste some Malaysian food if you graving for one! Just avoid the spicy dishes.”
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Living in Melbourne for years we are longing for some Malaysian food. We been few times at Madam Kay. Well, overall, if you graving for some decent Malaysian food, Madam Kay is not too bad. I think the food is too spicy, so if you see anything that have chilies or sound spicy, forget about it, unless you a chillies lover. Not me, so I ordered Nasi Ayam - Chicken Rice, Laksa Penang, which both of them are mild dishes, but Laksa Penang can get a bit spicy form time to time.
Chicken Curry, and Nasi Lemak( Coconut rice) Sambal and Prawn Sambal with Petai is too spicy that I cannot continue eating after two spoons. The service is not too bad, sometime it can be a bit slow, but it all depends on the workers and the time. The food is halal, so for Muslim friend, here is a place to try Halal Malaysian dishes. Just try to avoid the spicy stuff and you will be fine.
The dishes are generously served and the environment is cozy. Nice meeting place and the price is reasonable.

Melbourne
“Never eat at Madam Kay's Platz Cafe”
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Never eat at the cafe downstairs. I waited for 40 mins for my breakfast in Madam Kay's Platz Cafe, and the spinach was so salty that I have to spit it out!! The waiter saw it and was kind enough to bring me some water, but the kitchen totally ignored my complaint!!

My parents and their friends had a short stay in Mayflower. The location is good, but there are so many other proper hotels in Melbourne city with better rooms and facilities and deals (internet rate).