Crown Metropol Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$117
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$174
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$128
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)
US$195
US$153
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$103
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$115
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$108
  • Pool
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$117
US$286
US$178
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$157
  • Breakfast included
4,158 results
All reviewsmr hiveluxe roominfinity poolcasino complexvalet parkingpre dinner drinksshower and toiletfloor to ceiling windowssteam roomtop floorroom servicebuffet breakfastmodern hotelcity viewcorner roomsouth bankyarra river
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Was there from 4-8 Sep and the rooms were spacious and modern. Clean and service was efficient and professional. But stopped short of being warm and sincere.

The sky bar and pool are located on 27 and 28th floors, great views of the river area. It was way too cold and windy to be out though. Hotel has direct access to crown shops and foodcourt. Great place for those who intend to stay in the area but for us who wanted to explore QVM and Collins St it was abit way too far. We took 30mins to walk to QVM, uphill and tiring.

If not for hubby's business event, we will have preferred to stay at Alto on Bourke for the entire 8 days. The daily convention breakfast sucks big time. The same items were offered throughout the 5 days and everyone found the food tasted terrible and plain.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Have stayed in both the lofts and standard rooms, standard rooms aren't great but the lofts are lovely.

The problem with the standard rooms is the lack of privacy as the screens open up the bathroom. If you need to do so much as pee, people can hear everything. They lack baths too.

Lofts are gorgeous, I love the yellow retro carpet and stark black and white design. The black bathrobes and luxurious and bathtubs/spa deepest in Melbourne.

Pool is world class, reception staff are efficient.

Unfortunately my friend that works as a professional and legal escort can't say the same. She was physically assaulted in this hotel and staff tried to say there weren't security cameras when they became aware of her occupation until Police were involved and suddenly there were. Disappointing from a business that makes large amounts of money from people that book rooms there purely for that reason.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This was our second stay at the Metropol. We usually stay at Hilton South Wharf - but it was booked out.

The Metropol is a good choice if you are attending a conference at the MCEC. Although not as close as the Hilton it is only a ten minute walk (AVOID the casino on the way).

When I turned up at 10am to check-in and leave my bag the staff weren't welcoming. I wasn't expecting a room but the receptionist took no opportunity to even look for one. He was surly and not friendly. He said that he would ring me when the room became available - but he didn't.

I returned to the hotel around 1.30pm and a room was available.

We booked the least expensive room option and it was contemporary and clean. The same room type we had the last time we stayed. Good bed linens, however, the pillows are a little hard. Perhaps management should invest in some down pillows (rather than 100% feather) and feature these on their pillow menu? The open bathroom design didn't concern me.

I ate a light lunch in the bar area - and the prawn salad tasted like it was made the day before. The service there was pretty slow - considering that it was almost empty. We also ate at the restaurant that night and had reasonably good food. Looks like Ramsey's Maze has failed and "Mr. Hive" is the new F & B venue for the hotel. We didn't bother with breakfast at the hotel.

WiFi is not free and infact I wasn't able to use my iPhone hotspot in the room - it appeared to be blocked. This was rather annoying - it did work in the public areas.

We would stay at the hotel again if the room rate was reasonable - although we do prefer Hilton South Wharf.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor.

Rest assured I will follow up the points you raised with regards to the reception staff on check-in and your lunch experience in Mr Hive, as this is not our usual standard of service. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed dinner in Mr Hive and the accommodation overall.

I also appreciated the comments regarding our pillows. We do have alternative pillows available through housekeeping but please feel free to contact me directly on 61 3 9292 8888 so I can ensure that your request for softer pillows is actioned on your next visit.

Once again thank you for your feedback and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol

Reviewed 10 September 2012

WE actually just been checked out this morning 10/9/12 we stayed there for 2 nights to.. celebrate my husbands 55th birthday ..the room were excelent , the pool is great but so dissapointed when we had our breakfast at Mr,Hives restaurant ,, no one because i work n the hospital as a nurse and as ohs rep. (occupational health and safety) we focus straight away on one of the staff member whos serving us a coffee ,with full bandage on his left hand . i feel sorry for him but i believe he shouldnt be there, next one they were 2 staff member arguing infront of us, and last one , the breakfast food being served for this great hotel is not appetizing, the bread is being pulled out by the staff from the bag without gloves and serving on tray, the mushrooms is horrible, bacon is like your in camping, pine apple is sour and very dull in colour, tomatoes are mushy, so bad compare to other hotel we stayed in CBD couple of months ago , and last but not least staff uniform at the reception is fine but those bellman, and concierge were like a rugs wrap aroun them sorry but thats my opinion, look so duggy .i met one bellman on the lift, hes even agreed about my opinion, anyway apart from that we just check out happy because we won in casino, last night ,,

Room Tip: you can get any room but dont get breakfast package
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sanchezmooney1964
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Crown Metropol.

I was thrilled to hear that you chose Crown Metropol to celebrate your husband’s birthday and enjoyed the room and the pool facilities.

However, I would like to apologise that your experience in Mr Hive was less than satisfactory – both with regards to the quality of the breakfast and the issue with the staff. We usually receive great feedback with regards to Mr Hive so I was naturally disappointed to read your comments. I will make sure this is shared with my team. I also appreciated your concern regarding the staff member that looked after you for coffee. Rest assured he did have the necessary clearance to work his shift.

Thanks again for taking the time to write on tripadvisor If there is anything further that I can assist you with please feel free to contact me directly on 61 3 9292 8888

Regards
Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed at the crown metropol for my 21st birthday in july this year for 2 nights... Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would have to say it is my favourite hotel in Australia so far..

The staff at reception were very welcoming.
Our room was lovely, very clean spacious, the view was awesome ! We were on the 23rd Floor and had a view of the bay, yarra river and city skyline.

Only one downside... The pillows were huge and we found them very uncomfortable, as you just sunk into them and nearly suffocated. so we ended up sleeping on the cushions ... hardly slept the first night... I would recommend taking your own pillows.

The pool was very good.. Very big, water temp was great as well as the spa was awesome.. 38degrees ! The pool is surrounded by windows and is on the 27th floor so you can just about see the whole of melbourne while in the pool .. its amazing.. lounge chairs around the pool were very comfy and relaxing ..

I didn't use the gym but it seemed to have heaps of equipment and looked good

the best part of crown metropol is club 28 ! .... buffet breakfast in the morning was delicious, not only do you have a large selection , you can ask for a special request and they will bring it..

All the staff were lovely.,, the bar in club 28 was awesome.. unlimited pre dinner drinks was unreal ! with breads and dips, as well as unlimited soft drink, juices and tea and coffee all day.. Its worth paying the extra for use of club 28.

We ate at emporio one night and margos the next they were both very nice..

All in all crown metropol was a great experience, enjoyed every moment !

Room Tip: The bay view is awesome ! The higher up the better view you have !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family