“Excellent”

Crown Metropol Melbourne
Ranked #33 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Excellent staff, very polite, helpful, efficient and professional.
Excellent rooms - cleanliness is of highest standard.
Unfortunate that parents seemed to allow smaller children to run rampant up & down the corridor outside the room and 'prank' the doorbell late at night. This isn't the hotel's fault though, but was the only downside during our stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review.

It is always great to read positive feedback about our staff.
Be assured I have shared your comments with our team.

Just as a note for future visits, we do have security personnel that can be called upon 24 hours a day.
They are more than happy to ensure the comfort of all our guests.

Look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis

Write a ReviewReviews (4,027)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights and found it very comfortable, clean and quiet. Our 18th floor room looked across the Crown Entertainment complex & the Yarra river etc.
The staff I dealt with were all very friendly, polite & helpful without exception.
Having stayed at The Crown Towers on several previous occasions I had high expectations even though the Metropol has lower tariffs. I was not disappointed. We were attending a function at "Studio 3" which is towards the western end of this large complex so it was actually closer to the event than the "Towers" hotel at the Eastern end of the complex. Access to the complex is via enclosed 1st floor walkways and very convenient.
The room was very spacious & nicely fitted out. The King sized bed was very comfortable. Everything worked as expected.
Overall a highly recommended hotel & I will definitely return in the future.

1  Thank Steveg050
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Check in was smooth, friendly staff . Had the city luxe king room on level 22. Large modern room with nice view of the city. Swimming pool was nice although it was packed with children and we were unable to swim. Express check out forms had to be filled downstairs in the lobby. Other hotels slip express checkout under the door or enable one to check out on the Tv.. I found check out to be behind the times.. Bed was comfortable however the pillows were terrible. Room was very quiet. Great location and lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I loved my stay at the crown metropol!! I went with my mum and in our room we had 2 extremely large beds (im assuming super kings) with lots of fluffy pillows!, the rooms were great I couldn't find a fault in the so spacious although our room's view was down onto a construction site I honestly couldn't care because everything else was so great! Crown Metropol also had great gym facilities on the top floor so you got an excellent view whilst working out! and the pool looked wonderful (although I didn't have time to go in). The staff were also wonderful, and eager to help you with any queries!

For me the highlight of this hotel was the breakfast buffet, I am most definitely a foodie it was a breakfast buffet like no other everything imaginable was there from fresh fruit to pastries to pancakes to eggs how you wanted them to a variety of fresh squeezed juices! Even the pancake section was impressive with a variety of gourmet toppings including freshly whipped vanilla bean cream, freshly toasted nuts and much more. Also once you gather your food and sit down at your table waiters come to your table and you can order any and however many coffees of your choice, My latte was great,

Overall I highly recommend the crown metropol! it was one of the best hotel I have ever stayed at,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amiee N
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a work conference, and was very impressed. I was worried about the bathroom from pictures I had seen as I was sharing a twin room with a colleague, but there are sliding partitions that can be used for more privacy.

The beds were extremely comfortable and I would like to buy their pillows. The room was also very dark with good block out curtains. The only issue we had with the room was that the air con unit was quite noisy.

The pool was the real highlight. I hadn't packed a swimsuit given I was there for work, but once I saw the pool, I went out and bought one, and then got up very early so that I could swim before the conference.

I would love to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a conference and was very impressed with this hotel.
Foyer was stylish and bright and reception staff were friendly.
King Room was beautifully decorated with black and cream modern furniture. Bathroom was fresh and clean with frosted glass cubicles for shower and toilet. Screens slid away to open up bathroom to bedroom.
Room was on the 14th floor, however did overlook the car park.
Please take the time to visit the gym and pool on 27th floor - great facilities and great views. Plenty of cardio machines, weights area and stretch area.
Would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank IanKAus
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This hotel is a great place to see bustling Melbourne for the first time!

The hotel has a very modern feel and is located a fantastic area close to all the restaurants in Southbank.

The pool has fantastic views of Melbourne, although get in early if you would like one of the sun loungers as it does get busy!

I slept well when I stayed here and wasn't disturbed at all - a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple