“Fantastic hotel”

Crown Metropol Melbourne
Ranked #32 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Beautiful luxury hotel. We were in a King Room, lovely views, spacious room, great bathroom, quiet, central. Wish I'd bought my swimwear as the pool looked amazing. Bar on 28th floor fantastic, just needs to stay open a little longer than 10pm!! Valet parking a little pricy at $50. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,988)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed Easter 2013-amazing! We came back Easter 2014-Terrible! Shower and toilet filthy! Mould all over shower walls a yellow colour. Dodgy 1 ply toilet paper you would expect in a public toilet! The second night we stayed someone in neighbouring room was smoking which came through vents in shower/toilet. As the bathroom is open to the bedroom my partner, myself and our two young children had to suffer the horrid smell that filled the room all night! At 2am i called concierge who put me on to the duty manager who said they would send up security. Nothing appeared to happen and the smell continued until we checked out and left the hotel. On checkout, we mentioned we were not satisfied and explained why. We got an insincere "sorry to hear that". Additionally for 75% of the stay our room card was not working, so every time we all left the room, mostly in the evening when we went to the pool, we had to head all the way back down to the lobby in swimmers and dressing gown, to ask soneone to take us all the way back up to our room. I feel id of been better off staying at a dodgy back packer hotel where i wouldn't of paid top dollar for an overpriced room, porridge, secondary smoke and 1 ply toilet paper and no access to my room. I will never ever stay at this hotel again, nor will i recommend it. To add to injury, the following morning at 5am, i got an email asking me to take a satisfaction survey in my name but i am apparently a Mr! when my credit card states i am a Mrs! Still waiting for my bond back....Save your money

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Swan0067
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Was there for business, awesome staff that made a busy day stress free.
Room was excellent, clean and just perfect!

To a visitor to Victoria your staff were great, polite and helpful.

I will be staying there again, thank you!

Room Tip: Stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Well what a fantastic stay me and my partner had on the 2nd may. From the moment we pulled up in the car to the moment we drove away the staff were amazing, everyone had a smile and a personality and nothing was a problem I work in this industry so I can be quiet judgmental when it comes to service but I have nothing but applause for this hotel, keep up the amazing work metropole and we will definetly be back. Thankyou Aaron and lucy

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Crown Metropol - my first visit. Everything about this hotel is outstanding! Friendly and efficient staff in all locations, impeccably clean, quiet, luxurious and well-designed rooms and if you have a city view room, an amazing view. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at any hotel, the room was very quiet (no corridor noise despite being not too far from the lift lobby - perhaps sound-proofed?) and superb drapes keep every chink of light out of the room - best sleep ever in a hotel! Did I mention the plush bathrobes? Lovely! And it would appear the hotel is Non-Smoking, too. The residential floors are well serviced by lifts - you only have to wait a matter of seconds and one appears! Then there is the amazing Level 27 pool - this has to be the best hotel pool in Melbourne! And the upper level bar and deck provide wonderful views of Melbourne. The hotel links to the main Crown complex and facilities via a Level 1 walkway and is easily accessible to the Southbank riverside precinct. Tram right outside the door will take you in a few minutes into the CBD and to Southern Cross station. There is nothing I could fault with this fabulous hotel. Highly recommended - you won't be disappointed. Looking forward to my next stay. Well done, to the Crown team! The Metropol is truly outstanding!

Room Tip: For great views, request an upper level City View room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The staff at the reception were very courteous & professional, The Bedrooms are fitted out very stylish & modern with Floor to ceiling windows. We found the bed to be extremely comfortable and large, and all the utilities were tasteful. I would recommend a drink at the Bar 28 which overlooks the Skyline of Melbourne, located on the... you guessed it the 28th Floor. Interestingly also overlooks the 27th floor which houses a large infinity style pool & spa, very luxurious, again with fantastic views of Melbourne. The Hotel is in a Great location to the Southbank and all the attractions, Crown Casino, Jeffs Shed etc..
No criticism but an observation a lot of people who got into the lift were having problems with there key cards working in the lift.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the yarra river/ casino side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 421RichardM
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed one night with a package which included Club 28 and breakfast and pre dinner drinks. Rooms in this package are high floors. Nice view looking out over Southbank. Clean and nice sized rooms with day bed. Bathrooms could be a bit difficult if sharing with someone you don't know too well as there isn't an actual door blocking bathroom/toilet from main room. Rooms nice size and huge bed with such comfortable bed and pillows. Amenities are good but you expect that for the price. There is a nice walkway through 1st Level foyer to shops and into Casino (going through walkway to Promenade makes it quicker). So many choices of restaurants, shops and things to do in the Complex you really don't need to go outside of Crown. Disappointing that on the night we stayed there was a Logies function in Club 28 so couldn't stay past 7.00 for drinks which was part of the reason for staying there so we could relax over drinks and enjoy the view at night. Did have a drink but was rushed out and nibbles were rather poor -bread and a couple of dips. Breakfast was nice and service was good although for the additional price, don't think would do the Club package again. Have done it a few times now and really not worth the extra price when so many places to eat/drink. Our luggage took forever to come to our room and waited well over an hour and half and a couple of phone calls later it arrived, with apologies but still was inconvenient and shouldn't have taken that long. Staff were helpful. Floor 18 is smoking rooms.....smells when lift opens on that floor so avoid this floor unless want smoking room. Would we stay again , maybe depending on rate but not Club Rooms ..not worth the extra.

Room Tip: Floors 18 are Smoking Rooms...don't stay on this level unless want to smoke...it smells of smoke...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple