“Short business stay for SW corner of CBD”

Crown Metropol Melbourne
Ranked #32 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Modern hotel with great amenities well located towards the SW corner of the city. Extremely comfortable bed, electric curtains exposing views from the city down to the bay at Albert Park. Wish I could have stayed longer than 1 night.

Had the buffet breakfast in the morning which was tasty, albeit expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed in a twin room with our teenage kids to catch some of the comedy festival. The rooms were spacious, stylish and very comfortable. We went to have a swim but the swimming pool was packed to the brim with little kids and families. (It was the school holidays) The casino isn't my scene at all, but once you get into the hotel it is all forgotten. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Twin rooms were very big.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fussy_foodie_73
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed just for one night in the loft suite for my birthday. At first we were very disappointed with the view, but after a quick call we were moved to a higher level and it was beautiful. The room was big and the bathroom stunning. Even though we live in Melbourne it is a great position for tourists.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Ruthie S
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is certainly nice, and the rooms are very comfortable. One issue with the rooms is that the open bathroom leaves little privacy, as there is only a glass enclosure for the toilet.

The service at the hotel is adequate, but nothing special. Your needs are met, however there is no sense of being a valued guest nor the staff would go out of their way for you.

The pool is quite special, with the ability to relax in the spa overlooking the Melbourne skyline.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martonds
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We are Melbournians, lived in Docklands, and are avid Spa enthusiasts. So we book a night to enjoy the Spa facilities through lastminute.com. During check-in, we were asked by the staff if we like to have breakfast. We asked if it is included in the room price and was told it was. It was a bit of a nice surprise we thought, because it was not stated when we made the booking via lastminute.com but since Reception asked and confirmed breakfast was included, we thought why not.

Later that day, I rang reception again to ask about the breakfast time and once more reconfirm if breakfast was included in our room booking and was again told it was.

To our horror, when we checked out via Express Check Out Service, we received a bill in the mail few days later and was charged for the breakfast.

I called up and spoke to a guy in Accounts, which was really rude and extremely lacking in customer service, who sarcastically told me that surely with the price Im paying for the room, which is close to $300, I should have guessed that breakfast would not be included! I said it is not because we cannot afford the $90 we got charged for breakfast, but we really felt cheated by Crown since we were told twice by two different staff at Reception that breakfast was included. But I ended up paying anyway coz I got fed up with this Accounts guy and since it was small price for us and he seems as if he needed the $90 more than us, I just said "whatever". They can be sure we will NEVER return to this Hotel again and will pass this message on to every single person we know to be BEWARE if the Hotel asked if you like to have breakfast and told you its included, IT IS NOT!!! Also, the breakfast was really poor quality with minimal selection, it is not worth it!

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank bearsticky
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Beautiful luxury hotel. We were in a King Room, lovely views, spacious room, great bathroom, quiet, central. Wish I'd bought my swimwear as the pool looked amazing. Bar on 28th floor fantastic, just needs to stay open a little longer than 10pm!! Valet parking a little pricy at $50. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed Easter 2013-amazing! We came back Easter 2014-Terrible! Shower and toilet filthy! Mould all over shower walls a yellow colour. Dodgy 1 ply toilet paper you would expect in a public toilet! The second night we stayed someone in neighbouring room was smoking which came through vents in shower/toilet. As the bathroom is open to the bedroom my partner, myself and our two young children had to suffer the horrid smell that filled the room all night! At 2am i called concierge who put me on to the duty manager who said they would send up security. Nothing appeared to happen and the smell continued until we checked out and left the hotel. On checkout, we mentioned we were not satisfied and explained why. We got an insincere "sorry to hear that". Additionally for 75% of the stay our room card was not working, so every time we all left the room, mostly in the evening when we went to the pool, we had to head all the way back down to the lobby in swimmers and dressing gown, to ask soneone to take us all the way back up to our room. I feel id of been better off staying at a dodgy back packer hotel where i wouldn't of paid top dollar for an overpriced room, porridge, secondary smoke and 1 ply toilet paper and no access to my room. I will never ever stay at this hotel again, nor will i recommend it. To add to injury, the following morning at 5am, i got an email asking me to take a satisfaction survey in my name but i am apparently a Mr! when my credit card states i am a Mrs! Still waiting for my bond back....Save your money

• Stayed: May 2014