Citadines on Bourke Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$117
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$174
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$105
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$128
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$102
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$211
  • Fitness centre
US$281
US$178
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$157
  • Breakfast included
2,374 results
All reviewstram stopgreat locationexecutive studioapartment hoteldavid jonesserviced apartmenthigh floorcentral locationfree wifismall kitchenbrick wallwould definitely stay here againone bedroom apartmentliving areastayed for nightsstaff at receptionfree tram
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have stayed at the Citadines on Bourke 4 times and it has always been great. The location is excellent and is directly in front a tram stop as well as being a short walk from the CBD. If you're after a room with a view, this probably isn't the place for you but the location makes up for this! The hotel is also close to some great restaurants, Red Pepper Indian on Bourke is a favourite and is such good value I have gone back every time I've been in Melbourne!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Ruthie H, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Hello Wilson SA,

Welcome back! And thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review about your most recent stay with us at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne! Our location is ideal to experience all that Melbourne has to offer. Next time you are staying with us, download our free app for lots of great tips on where to go and what to see in Melbourne -http://bit.ly/11PMu5Q.

Our executive rooms are located on higher floors and offer views over the city; so perhaps you might like to choose this option the next time you stay with us at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne.

Wilson SA, thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards,
Ruthie Hunt
Marketing Executive

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We previously had a pleasant experience at Citadines on Bourke and chose to stay there again for a recent Melbourne stay in mid-February 2013. The location is great, the room we eventually ended up in was nice and suited our needs, but overall we were let down by the customer service provided by the front desk staff.

We arrived a bit early (out of neccessity as my wife was meeting her sister in the city) on the day of check-in and obviously I asked whether an early check-in was possible. It wasn't possible, which I understood of course. I was told, however (maybe on at least two occasions) - that our room was gauranteed from 2pm. Fair enough.

Also, when I asked if I could bring our luggage up from our car to store near reception in a secure area, I was told I could not. So I had to leave our bags in the underground carpark in quite hot conditions.

I went out and found some lunch, arriving back at the hotel by around 1:00pm. Again I was told the room wasn't ready yet and that the rooms are only gauranteed from 2pm. Fair enough.

I found a nearby Starbucks and had a coffee to kill some time. The coffee, strangely, may have been the highlight of my day. I arrived back at the hotel at 2:00pm to check-in - as per what I had been told by two staff members earlier on.

However, I was told this time that guest services were still cleaning the room (this was at 2pm) and that the previous occupiers of the room caused a big mess. Rather shockingly, I was told there would be a 60-90 minute delay to check-in.

After some prompting from me, the front desk employee I was speaking to found us another room, on a higher floor. This was pleasing. But when they enquired whether this "new" room was ready, I was told it was still being made up and to take a seat and I would be advised when it was ready.

I sat in the reception area for a minimum of 40 minutes (!), without any staff members keeping me up to date with what was going on. I basically felt like I was forgotten. I would have expected someone to come out and let me know what was happening at least once, but it was basically as if because I wasn't up at reception asking about the room, they could move on and check-in their other guests.

At about 2:45pm, I decided to go back to reception to enquire what was happening with the room (the very room we had pre-paid for several weeks earlier, from 2pm, but were not yet allowed to enter as yet).

The person I spoke to on this occasion (a male) was more sympathetic to my situation than the previous person I had spoken to (a female - I didn't think to get names) and made another call to guest service to find out if the room was ready. This time, I was told it would be another 10-15 minutes.

Finally, by around 3:00pm or a bit after, I was advised that the room was ready to check-in (not before time). I discussed bedding arrangements with the female front desk employee - only to find that we had not been provided these bedding arrangements when I eventually got to the room. I wasn't surprised, sadly.

Upon finally being checked-in after 3pm, I actually had to ask the front desk employee whether they would be offering us anything to make up for the delays in check-in and overall poor service. The person hesitated, before finally (and seemingly reluctantly) offering a late check-out the following day (1-hour extra). I accepted the late check-out, but I did not find this sufficient to account for the delays and overall poor service provided. Not even a free newspaper the next morning. Free overnight parking would have been a nice offer, but it wasn't to be (we had to pay the standard $30 fee). Ideally, a complimentary one-night stay at a later date would be one way to make up for it!

To cap it all off, when I finally got to the room - guest service were still inside cleaning (even though I was told the room was ready some 10 minutes earlier!). I didn't quite understand that, but this was another front desk bungle and not the fault of the room cleaner who was pleasant.

I take it that this kind of experience is somewhat of a rarity for the Citadines on Bourke, as again, we had a nice stay on a previous occasion. I'm sure all front desk staff try their best, but on this visit, it goes without saying that the customer service was "poor" to say the least.

As a final tip, I would suggest not advising guests that their room is guaranteed at 2pm, if this is clearly not going to be the case.

Room Tip: After all the messing about, we were on the top floor - street noise was no an issue.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luke R
Bryan L, Front Office Manager at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear LukeR,

Greetings from Citadines on Bourke Melbourne Apart'Hotel! Thank you for sharing your recent experience, and please accept my apology for the disappointing customer care which you received. This is certainly far from the standard for which we aim.

Whilst we endeavour to accommodate guests who arrive early, this is regrettably not feasible during occasions of high occupancy. As you have kindly highlighted, the delay to your check-in was compounded by the added attention required for the room allocated to you. We have addressed your feedback with our team to enhance communication with our valued guests, and thank you for your patient understanding.

I invite you to contact me directly at bryan.loh@the-ascott.com, so that I may afford your future booking arrangements my personal attention.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable insights.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stay at Citadines regularly for work and I just don't know why you would want to stay anywhere else in Melbourne.

The location is just perfect, hundreds of choices for bars, restaurants, cafes, close to theaters, china town, Bourke street mall, Tram stop right in front and 5 minute walk to Parliament train station.

The staff have always been so polite and incredibly helpful, on one occaision I arrived at 8am the day of check-in to ask if they could store my luggage for the day however I was allowed to check into my room immediately! On another occasion I commented that the pool seemed a little dirty (it is usually impeccable), and the next day it was perfect!

The rooms are great. Very dark and quiet at night time, beds are very clean and comfy! Quite spacious also. Will definitely continue to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: In my experience they are all much the same.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank a2timesd
Bryan L, Front Office Manager at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear a2timesd,

Thank you for your very kind words, and for your continued support of Citadines on Bourke Melbourne! My team and I are delighted that you feel so at home with us, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance.

We look forward to welcoming your return very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Citidines on Bourke was perfect for a weekend away in Melbourne.
We stayed in the Studio Executive apartment and while not overly large, had everything we needed. The studio was on the 15th floor just down from the elevators and we couldn't believe we didn't hear a sound! The most quiet hotel room we have ever stayed in. There wasn't a view but that didn't bother us as we basically were only in the room in the evening.
The small kitchenette was well supplied with very high standard equipment. We didn't use anything but had we been on a longer stay, most definitely would have.
The location is fantastic, short walk to the mall, Exhibition Square, train station, fabulous restaurants and bars.
The staff were very professional and service spot one.
Would not hesitate to stay at Citadines on our next visit to Melbourne.
The only reason this hotel didn't get a 100% score was there was stains on the carpet by the desk.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomkarAdelaide
Ruthie H, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Hello TomkarAdelaide,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your recent stay with us at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne! It is always great to hear we are the perfect choice for a get-away. Our location on Bourke Street certainly is close to all the action. Next time you are in town, download our free app for lots of great tips on where to go and what to see in Melbourne - http://bit.ly/11PMu5Q.

We would also be interested to know what room number you stayed in on your recent stay so we can review the carpet. If you have the time it would be great if you could email us at bryan.loh@the-ascott.com

Thanks again for your review TomkarAdelaide and we hope to see you see you again very soon!

Kind Regards,

Ruthie Hunt
Marketing Executive

Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

We had a 1 bedroom apartment for 3 nights. The decor is very basic, however the kitchen was very nice. The aircon did not seem to stay on all night and the bedroom was incredibly hot even when we set the a/c to 18 before bed. There was one flat, thin pillow for each of us and only 1 spare. We had to ask for another pillow and another set of towels. There are no toiletries provided in the room, but you can ask for them at the front desk. While the staff was very friendly and helpful, I just kept getting more annoyed every time we had to ask for something that is standard at other hotels. I chose this hotel as it was good value for an apartment at the same price as a hotel room, but in the end, a luxurious hotel room would have been better. I'll pass on this one on my next trip to Melbourne.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Magsinoz

Dear Magasinoz,

Thank you for recent stay at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, and for your feedback.

I regret to hear that our streamlined and contemporary decor was not to your liking, which is intended to maximise living space while conveying a sense of calm.

Toiletries comprising a hair and body wash are dispensed from our new environmentally-friendly units, which reduce the amount of plastic waste generated by the "traditional" miniature bottles. Conditioner and bar soap are available on request.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience arising from the air-conditioning in your particular apartment. It would be greatly appreciated if you would advise me (bryan.loh@the-ascott.com), as to which apartment you occupied, so that I may have the air-conditioning checked, and any necessary repairs undertaken, by our Maintenance team.

It is most encouraging to hear of the friendly and efficient care provided by our Guest Service team. However, I acknowledge that your overall experience fell short of your expectations, and I hope that you will afford us another opportunity to welcome your return.

Thank you once again for your patronage, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of future assistance.

Yours sincerely,