“Good hotel...very convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Hobart, Australia
“Good hotel...very convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed a 3 nights in February. Second time here. The staff were great. We had booked the wrong nights on the internet and we were not expected to turn up until the next night. We were helped with a smile.
The best thing is the location, close to our favourite bar Madame Brussels.
The rooms are not serviced on Sundays. I would have made the bed if I had realised! They probably did tell us but we forgot.
Couldn't everyone just buy their beds from the same place that the Sheraton does? I suppose they would charge more though.
The restaurant on site does the best breakfast. It takes an excellent chef to be able to make the perfect poached egg. A very rare skill throughout five star hotels world over.
We will be back in August.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GrannyWanderer
Ruthie H, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hello GrannyWanderer,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read our staff served you with a smile and were able to assist you when you arrived earlier than expected. Thank you for your praise of our location and Heirloom Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back in August!

Citadines on Bourke Melbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed for a business trip, the room was small, and no window can be opened for fresh air.

More depressing was that the staff was not helpful. There was a guy at reception I went for help to call my coworker's room, he gave me sort of evil look, and said couldn't find his name, I have to find his room number from my boss .. Finally I could talk to him, during the conversation, the guy at reception keep chatting with the girl besides him,and laughing and have chosen to browsing internet instead of helping me, I even could see his Internet page through the mirror.
When I checked out on the 18th, it was the same guy, same couldn't be brother to help me look.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bee B
Bryan L, Manager at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear bee B,

Warm greetings from Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, and thank you for sharing your insights below concerning your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that your experience was unsatisfactory, and I would greatly appreciate if you would provide me with the details of your booking at bryan.loh@the-ascott.com to enable me to investigate and address this matter in the appropriate manner.

Thank you for your patronage, and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Yours sincerely,

Bryan Loh
Assistant Residence Manager
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne Apart'Hotel
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

My family of 5 A and 2 C stayed for 3 nights. But due to my own oversight, I had booked 4 nights. I arrived on 14 June ( had booked 13 June too) and tried to explain my situation. Staff at front front desk flatly refused. Had no tone of sympathetic too. I am not asking for a downright deduction of one night, but staff didn't even bother to make a concession of a slight discount. The stay was AUD 320 a night. If I couldn't afford it, i wouldn't have booked Citadines.
Ended up paying an extra night for nothing. I understand it is company policy to give 24 hrs notice but the unsympathetic attitude of Citadines have just caused them one less customer.
Having said that, I will be fair and give my review if the apartment. The 2 bed room was good size for my family and kids. The location was fantastic , steps away from food and shopping. Hotel breakfast was expensive for AUD 20 pp. so my family just ate outside at the eating places easily available.
Room service was not good though . Asked for 2 extra towels but never got them.
We liked the self service laundry . Also asked for postcards, but sadly and strangely, they said they ran out if it. The staff didn't even bother asking for my room number to pass me one once they had it.
I'm not a picky person, but I have traveled quite a bit, and this citadines is a disappointment in terms of service.
Oh, and my airport transfer didn't come. My friend's came and I had to ask the driver( also from citadines) to call for one for me.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bryan L, Manager at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear pamela_flen77,

Warm greetings from Melbourne, and the Citadines on Bourke.

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and also for your review.

Further to our separate e-mail correspondence, we regret that as the first night of your stay was neither cancelled or amended, the room rate applies as booked. The room was held in good faith (and not cancelled) for you, and therefore could not be leased to another guest during this high demand period. We regret if this was not appropriately conveyed by our Guest Service team, and your comments have been shared with them as a training enhancement to ensure all guests are fully informed .

We thank you once again for your patronage and are pleased that your stay with comfortable and cozy .

Yours sincerely,

Bryan Loh
Assistant Residence Manager
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne Apart'Hotel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Corner room on the 16th floor has amazing views over the city. Huge apartment with beautiful, spacious interior, more than adequate for a week's stay. No tea or coffee however, which would have been a nice touch given my 11pm arrival. Internet was extremely slow, sometimes not working at all which was inconvenient when trying to prepare for meetings. Staff were not very helpful and it seemed like if you weren't part of a large organised tour group, you were ignored. Regardless, the room was spectacular in its size and comfort.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tashaus
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and was really impressed with the size of the room, it's cleanliness and comfort levels. Also very quiet on the 19th floor. Desk staff polite and helpful. The only downside was the Internet connection..if you are here on business and need to do work you need a faster connection than this - both cable and wireless was pedestrian!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ruthie H, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Hi Robscanb,

I am delighted to read you were impressed with both our spacious suites and friendly team. I will certainly pass along your praise to the Front Office Team.

I am happy to say we are one of very few properties in Australia to offer complimentary internet to all our guests. Since the introduction of complimentary usage we understand that during peak periods the speed can be slightly slower, and we are currently reviewing this to ensure the speed is at an acceptable level for all. This process is taking a little longer than expected, we are however hoping it will be resolved shortly.

Thank you for your review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Just stayed at Citadines for the first time. My girlfriends & I make an annual shopping trip to Melbourne for 2 nights - always trying out different accommodation around the CBD area (not anymore!). This hotel ticks so many boxes. Location - amazing - great when u need to unload all those heavy shopping bags & head back for more! Staff - couldn't be any friendlier and helpful. I have not experienced this kind of customer service for a long time! The room was spacious enough with an extremely well stocked kitchen (even though we ate out for every meal!). The fridge wasn't stocked but that didn't bother me - its usually over priced anyway! Bathroom clean & tidy - shower was huge! Hand basin outside of the shower/toilet room which is a bonus when staying with people other than family. The beds were really comfortable and warm enough. We stayed on a really high floor - so no street noise either. There's not a lot more than can be said about this great inner-city hotel in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Because it's so central - which equals busy - I would try and choose a room on a higher level ju...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rinnie2307
Ruthie H, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Hi Rinnie2307,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Citadines on Bourke Melbourne when you were in town for your annual shopping trip. After a long day traipsing through stores you certainly want to come home to smiling faces, a spacious suite and a comfortable bed. It is great to read you received outstanding service and I thank you for your wonderful review. From everyone at Citadines, we look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriends back on your next shopping trip.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Excellent, large, modern, quiet, serviced apartments in Bourke St. Very convenient location providing easy walking access to most of the CBD. The pricing is very reasonable for the standard of the apartments - Highly recommended. Stayed here by coincidence as my usual hotel wasn't available - will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ruthie H, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Hello Fussykitty,

What a great review- thank you! We are thrilled we provided everything you required for such a wonderful stay. Thank you for making mention of our great facilities and friendly team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Ruthie H