Citadines on Bourke Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$102
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$104
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$172
Hotel Windsor
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)
US$186
US$153
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$128
Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$88
US$302
US$178
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$157
  • Breakfast included
2,373 results
All reviewstram stopgreat locationexecutive studioapartment hoteldavid jonesserviced apartmenthigh floorcentral locationfree wifismall kitchenbrick wallwould definitely stay here againone bedroom apartmentliving areastayed for nightsstaff at receptionfree tram
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here in early December. Perfect location. Service was fantastic. Room (one bedroom suite) was clean and fresh. Nothing was too much bother for the staff. Arrived early and bags were stored without fuss as we went exploring. All staff were very friendly to our 2 year old.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view to Bourke St.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Shannon R, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear MoosimusM,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne in December. It is wonderful to read that you and your family enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the apartment, to our location and friendly Guest Service Team. I will be pleased to share your comments with the team, they will happy to know they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Melbourne.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

After struggling to find accommodation on Grand Prix weekend our travel agent was able to find us two night's in a deluxe studio double apartment. So finding this place was by accident but it turned out to be a great find.

The location is great, night 1 we walked to dinner in Hardware Lane, day 2 we caught a tram up to Spencer St to catch the GP shuttle tram - took no time at all, night 2 we strolled back from a show at the MCEC along South Bank & then found a great Japanese gyoza restaurant just a couple of doors down from Citadine's that is open till mid night. Highly recommended it! We also wandered to Myers/DJ & through China Town. I am a born & raised Melb girl who has moved away & this motel even with my local knowledge is in the best location I can think of.

Now to the actual accommodation, the actual entry from the street is a little lack lustre, a great open space that just needs a feature other than the staircase, looks like a forgotten shared space, but once u get up around the corner to the lobby seating area it's all very pleasant. Check in was very easy (previous reviewers who complained about the pre-authorised credit card charge will be pleased to know this was thoroughly explained), Summer checked us in & was the bubbliest person I've ever come across. We added parking on arrival - note we were told this can't be pre-booked & there are very few spaces.

Our room on the eighth floor was tastefully decorated, personally love the colour scheme. Our view was of a brick wall, but that also meant no bright sun beams disturbing our sleep so didn't bother us, we weren't here to look out the windows. There were a few marks on the carpet a steam clean would fix, good fit out for the kitchenette not that we used it. The bathroom set up was a bit odd, with the sink outside the toilet/shower room, I see why it was done but its just a bit odd. The shower was massive and water pressure & temp was fine, only down side was there's only one tiny soap dish to put your shampoo, conditioner etc on, a shelf would be very useful. The lounge area was adequate but the only problem is the TV fitted in the bed side of the room is wall mounted, with no swivel arm so u can't watch it from the couch, you have to be sitting on the bed. Now the bed, it has received a tough time in other reviews, ours was two singles joined together but was very comfortable, softer maybe but comfortable, the buffer over the join didn't bother us, the negative was the pillows, very thin & only one spare pillow which hubby kindly gave up to me.

So overall, I highly recommend Citadines on Bourke, especially for the location. With the higher price tag it did meet my expectations, but did not exceeded them. So I got what I paid for, can't complain.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KW0568
Shannon R, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear KW0568,

Thank you for sharing your Citadines experience with our Trip Advisor community. We apologise your first impression of our Apart ‘hotel entrance did not meet your expectations, but are very pleased to read you enjoyed the rest of your stay from the size and styling of our apartments to our central location. Your feedback regarding the layout of our bathrooms is greatly appreciated; it is very helpful when guests provide ways we can improve our product for us to investigate. Summer from our Guests Service Team will be delighted to know that you found her service both bubbly and helpful and that this contributed to your memorable stay.

From all the team at Citadines we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for business and very pleased that it offers free wifi, something which I realised not all Aussie properties offer (tsk tsk).

Good location nearby many choices for coffee, casual or fine dining, and just next to Australian Post which offers banking and other services as well.

Rooms were spacious enough and well-maintained, with access to a well stocked gym.

Staff were generally a helpful bunch and served with a smile. Would definitely consider coming back again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that faces the sun if you need more sunlight.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ChekRepublic,

Thank you for taking the time to provide Citadines on Bourke Melbourne with a review of your recent stay. It is great to read that you were pleased with the accommodation, facilities and service you received at our Apart ‘hotel. We agree the complimentary Wi-Fi is indeed an added bonus for guests, especially when travelling on business.

From all the team at Citadines we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked 6 nights at Citadines via the Entertainment Book on recommendation of a friend. As I knew we'd be exploring lots, I didn't feel $200 for city views would be worth it so I knew we'd potentially be staring at a wall from our hotel window having read the other reviews.

We arrived from Perth at 5am on a red eye flight so I booked the room for the previous evening so I knew it'd be ready and waiting for us.

Check in was a breeze; the staff knew who we were before I even spoke. A $100 deposit is required for incidentals so have a credit card handy (lucky hubby did).

We asked for a quieter room away from the lift and launderette as we are light sleepers. We were advised if the room was too noisy, we would be moved. Lucky for us, room 713 was just right.

The rooms are as per the website. We had a few odd stains here and there on the carpets so perhaps a refit is required...

The beds though...Jesus. I have never had a back problem until I stayed here. I was fully aware the beds would be two singles pushed together having read earlier reviews. What I wasn't aware of were the fact that the beds were so worn, I sank so far into them resulting in a lovely curve in my spine. I am by no means over weight and keep myself fit, so to develop a back problem on holiday was somewhat of a nightmare.

Towards the end of our stay, I slept on the couch as it was more comfortable (so romantic) to deal with the pain which continued to get worse. On returning to Perth and my own bed, my back pain has disappeared.

We also noticed holes in the bedsheets (not good) as well as the doonas that didn't have a cover? A sheet covering the doona isn't hygienic so I hope the doonas get washed every time...

I thought about complaining but didn't fancy downgrading to a double which looks like the only option having read other reviews on here.

Nevertheless, despite looking at a wall, the rooms were excellent and well appointed.

The service the entire stay was exemplary. Your staff are a credit to your hotel.

The hotel is in an excellent location with a tram stop right outside the front door and Flinders Lane as well as other fancy eateries within a 10 minute walk. There's lots of other restaurants only a stones throw away and the hotel is slap bang in China town.

Also, the free wifi was excellent. Not super fast, but enough to read the news and have a general surf.

All in all, a pleasant stay. We would happily recommend to our friends as well. Just speak up if you're not happy with your room. The customer service here is excellent and I'm sure the staff would bend over backwards to help you.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LongtimeLiz
Bryan L, Manager at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Longtime Liz,

Thank you for staying with us recently, and sharing your experience.

I am so happy to hear that our staff took such good care of you, and that the design and equipment of our rooms perfectly suited your needs.

At the same time, I am sorry that you found the bed in that particular room uncomfortable. Our mattresses are rotated regularly. It appears that beds are a matter of personal taste, as some guests prefer a very firm experience, whereas others opt for more cushioning. Regardless, the mattress in this particular room will be tested and replaced if necessary, since the comfort of our guests is paramount.

Thank you once again for your feedback, as this is the basis for our continual improvement to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming your return.

Kind regards,

Bryan Loh
Assistant Residence Manager
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne Apart'Hotel

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed in a room on the eighth floor for four nights. Amazing how clean and modern the rooms feel at the price point. The shower in particular is surprisingly huge. Free WiFi is great, and worked flawlessly over the entire stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Shannon R, Marketing Executive at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear James_C_NZ,

Thank you for sharing your Citadines experience with our TripAdvisor community. It's lovely to read you enjoyed our clean and modern apartments and our complimentary Wi-Fi contributed to your comfortable stay.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.