“Wine and food tour of Yarra valley - small group”

Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 289 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vinetrekker offers daily winery tours of the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula and Macedon Ranges wine regions surrounding Melbourne. A Vinetrekker journey is a well rounded exploration of the region we visit, providing fine food and wine at a leisurely pace. We offer public and private tours, full day and overnight, so a tailored itinerary can be provided just for you.
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband and I booked this tour because it was guaranteed to be a small group and it turned out that it was just us. From our perspective this was brilliant however it did mean Stephen had to put up with our (probably mainly my) witterings and questions all day.
We went to a variety of different wineries taking in some lovely scenery. Our lunch venue was great.
Fantastic day out and great value for the experience.

Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your day to the Yarra Valley and delighted the experience was everything you expected. The dynamic of the small group works terrifically well and I don't imagine Stephen was put off by your questions and commentary. On the contrary, the day rolls along beautifully when the conversation is flowing. Thanks again for the business.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)
All reviews
"fantastic wine"
in 13 reviews
"private tour"
in 42 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed 22 May 2012

With only a few days booked in Melbourne this time, giving up a whole day for a wine tour was a bit of a risk but it was a thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile experience. Paul was a great host - knowledgeable and relaxed and able to pitch the tour to the individuals on the tour. There were only two other people on the tour with us and we came away with sore faces from laughing so much and two lovely new friends. The highlight of day was the stunning lunch at Yering station. We highly recommend vinetrekker tours.

Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the day and thrilled it was such a success. You certainly bought the right spirit to the day and contributed to the chemistry with the other passengers. All the best and look forward to having you travel to the Mornington Peninsula next time you're in town.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My cousin was visiting me in Melbourne and suggested Vinetrekker Wine tours after extensive research on google and tripadvisor reviews. We weren't disappointed! Stephen was an excellent guide on the Yarra Valley wine tour and brought us to wineries that I, myself (having been to 2 other winery tours) have never been to previously. The smallness of the tour group also made the tour cozy and friendly. Paul was a fabulous, and most accommodating guide on the mornington peninsula trip and packed the day with as much visits to different wineries as possible (to meet our demands!) without making it seem rushed. All the folks we met at each winery were very knowledgeable, clearly in love with what they are doing and patiently explained their wines to us. This have to be the best wine tours I've been to and I know without doubt who I'll go back to should I want to go on another winery tour in Melbourne again!

Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your two tours and am absolutely thrilled you enjoyed them both so much. Both the Mornington Peninsula and Yarra Valley are world class regions and you can be assured of eating and drinking well in both of them. We're very fortunate to have Stephen working with us and his professionalism and customer service skills are first class. All the best and I trust you have the occasion to travel with us again.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

My partner and I did the Mornington Peninsula tour last week and we had a fabulous day with Stephen who was the perfect host - best of all it was just the 2 of us with him. We weren't sure what to expect but reading all the reviews from Trip Advisor we expected something good and it was better than we imagined. The weather was good, the wineries were great - the staff were so helpful and knowledgeable and lunch at Salix was beautiful - the trip has even converted me to drinking some really good Chardonnay wines which is a miracle in itself. The chocolate shop was heaven. I thoroughly recommend this tour and next time we are in Melbourne we will be going on the Yarra Valley tour. Thank you Stephen for a great day - you are a real gentleman.
Margaret & Terry

Thanks so much for your review and delighted the day exceeded your expectations. Stephen is a terrific host and his customer focus skills are excellent. The Peninsula is a wonderful region to visit and offers a great deal of diversity. Pleased to hear you've got back to enjoying chardonnay. Grown in the right area and made properly, it still stands up very well. Will look forward to having you travel to the Yarra Valley when you're next in town. All the best.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was looking for something special to spoil my sister and I found it! Garth is an excellent guide - so knowledgeable about the Yarra Valley and observant. He paid attention to everything we did or said to make sure we felt special - whether it was adjusting the temperature in the car (I didn't even ask he just saw me play with the vent button), opening of doors, his follow-up on a question or request to see a view.

The lunch was beautiful. Plus the late afternoon cheese platter got us to try wine and cheese combinations we would never have tried ourselves. Thank you!

Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Delighted to hear the day more than met your expectations in terms of the service and quality of food. We're very fortunate to have guides of the calibre of Garth and his passion and customer service focus is terrific. Am pleased it wasn't lost on you or your sister. Thanks also for the booking, it was greatly appreciated.