“Great first activity in Melbourne”
Review of Melbourne By Foot

Book In Advance
More Info
US$32.38*
and up
Central Melbourne Walking Tour
Ranked #37 of 264 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Once described as a 'comprehensive highlight of the city', the Melbourne By Foot walking tour is a must for any visitor to the cultural capital of Australia. At only $40 (including coffee/tea) and with daily departures, Melbourne By Foot is the most convenient and best value way to experience the city. Our fun and informal tours show our enthusiasm for the city's past and present, our friendly guides are all 'big on Melbourne' and we are happy to share with you the unique parts of the city which many visitors miss.We have recently launched a new tour called 'The Beer Lovers Guide to Melbourne'. We have combined our passion for the past and present as well as our enthusiasm for the local craft beer scene to create an interesting and enjoyable night time tour. Come and experience Melbourne with us.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

After a long flight to Melbourne yesterday morning, my daughter and I checked into our hotel and immediately made plans to take the walking tour in the afternoon. We had a wonderful time and learned a great deal from our knowledgeable tour guide (Dave). The walking tour gave us much needed perspective concerning the city layout, history and local culture. Highlights for me were seeing and discussion of some of the diverse architecture within the city, up-close discussions and viewing of local street art and learning more about the history of this region. My daughter really enjoyed the street art and general information sharing on the tour. We both enjoyed the mid-tour coffee break + getting to know some of the other visitors. Dave is a great guide and has assembled a really nice tour - we would recommend to anyone visiting the city.

Dave C, Owner at Melbourne By Foot, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I admire your enthusiasm for travel - taking the tour the day you landed from a long haul flight. We often encourage visitors to take the tour on their first day to get the most out of their stay and I was pleased to run into you a few days later enjoying the sites of the city that we had pointed out.

Melbourne's reputation for diversity in architecture is well known and it's pleasing to know you enjoyed this facet of the tour as well as the street art, history and break for coffee.

Hopefully you work travels bring you back to our city again soon.

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Melbourne By Foot

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great way to get to know Melbourne and things you wound't see in other tours! Our guide was great and well informed.

Hi Brupiace,

Thanks for visiting Melbourne all the way from Brazil. At Melbourne By Foot we like to highlight the big sites of Melbourne as well as the parts that are off the beaten track. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the informative tour.

All the best,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was visiting Melbourne on my own and wanted to find out about the different beer and breweries in and around Melbourne. This tour was perfect. The group size was not too large and the tour guide, Dave, was welcoming and friendly and conducted the tour without making us feel like we were on a mass organised commercial operation. Dave was knowledgable, providing the right amount of information about the history of Melbourne and the development of its brewing and pubs and bars, whilst keeping the commentary amusing and fun. The tour was very well organised too. Given that it was a Saturday night, a table had been reserved for us in each pub and the burger dinner was delicious. Very easy to book the tour online from overseas too. Highly recommended.

Hi LeneAnn,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It was great to have you along on the tour and sharing with the group your passion for real cask ales back in the UK. I am pleased you were able to gain an insight into beer, brewing and pubs here in the city from an historical and contemporary perspective. One of the objectives of the beer tour was to provide a social evening out in the city and I happy you enjoyed the size of the group dynamics, the anecdotes and burger dinner.

Hope to see you back in Melbourne again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic time tailing Dave around Melbourne's hotspots. Many of these spots would have been tricky to find on our own - like the Banksy stencil, the Cherry Bar on AC/DC lane, and even a love story chiseled into the wall of the Central Place laneway.

Dave told us he does these tours almost every day, and we can certainly appreciate the passionate enthusiasm he puts into monologues he must have rattled off thousands of times by now. Great guide, great tour, would definitely recommend.

Hi Omar,

Thanks for taking the time to come on a tour with us and write a review of your experience. Melbourne is a world class city and I more than happy to share that with visitors and locals alike. My enthusiasm comes from the satisfaction guests have when enjoying seeing our city by foot.

Hope to see you back in the city again soon.

Regards,.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

What an excellent walking tour this was, hosted by our very knowledgeable and amiable guide David. Would highly recommend this tour with all aspects of the cities past and present covered.

1  Thank RobertY43
Dave C, Owner at Melbourne By Foot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I get great satisfaction knowing that you enjoyed the tour. At Melbourne By Foot we are equally passionate about the past and the present and I am pleased to know you enjoyed both!

Regards,